“What a letdown! Marriot Rewards member be Damned!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast Deal
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Tucson
“What a letdown! Marriot Rewards member be Damned!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Well, we decided to stay at this hotel mainly for location as we were taking some family that was visiting from Chicago to a nearby restaurant. We told them to make sure and bring their suits so we could enjoy the pool before going to dinner. When we checked in the front desk clerk told us breakfast would be served starting at 7am, wrongly we assumed that breakfast would be included in the price of the room at 7am the next day we found out we were WRONG! We also asked where the pool was upon checkin, he pointed to where the pool was, but didn't mention that it wasn't heated. So, we all go out to the pool only to find out that it is ice cold. Okay, maybe not ice cold, but so cold you couldn't go in beyond the first step. When a maintenance guy happened by, we asked him, he said the pool was 82 degrees. We told him that he really should check it, he checked with his hand and agreed that the pool was not 82 degrees and just kind of shrugged it off.

The next morning we were looking forward to breakfast. When checking with the front desk we found out that in fact a continental breakfast was not included. Yet another letdown.

I have stayed in a lot of places in my travels and for the money I must say that this hotel was charging what other chains charge when a continental breakfast is included.

Not sure we will be going back to this Marriot, or may just drop the brand all together.

What a letdown!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
iflyppginaz, thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We pride our guest on offering a great product with great service and when we do not do that we always use such feedback to make sure we improve. I apologize the pool was not at 82 degrees as it should be. It should have been heated proactively prior to the seasonal temperatures dropping where the heater is needed. We are a unique combination hotel which offers two brands in one building. The Fairfield Inn caters to a leisure or family traveler which includes a great continental breakfast with some hot options all included in a great room rate. The adjoining Courtyard has a Bistro style restaurant for breakfast and dinner with made to order food at great prices. The room rates at the Courtyard don'ty typically have breakfast included but we do offer breakfast for one packages on the weekdays and breakfast for two packages on the weekends for those guest who would like to have it included. This unique setup of multiple brands allows our guest to make a choice for what is the best accomodations for them all in one building. I am regretful that your experience was less than you expected and would love the opportunity to make it up to you on your next stay in Chandler. Please feel free to contact me directly at 480-684-1715. Regards, Hunter Carmichael General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center for a family reunion. The rooms were nice and clean. The location is great as it is right off the freeway and close by to many restaurants and shopping. The only negative for me was how slow the elevators were. Aside from that, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
OC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Courtyard Phoenix Chandler is located off a main highway and right off the freeway which makes commuting to/from very easy. There is plenty of parking even though the lot is shared with an adjacent Fairfield Inn. When you enter the lobby, you are greeted with the staff at all times and are nicely suprised with the modern, even hip vibe of the lobby area. There are plenty of niche areas to have a bite, a cup of coffee, work on a computer, lounge, and just relax. The decor is in desert colors of sand, brown, rusty orange that are well coordinated. There is an interactive screen that you can use for restaurant locations, directions, etc, but the front desk was always there to help as well.

As for food, you can grab food early in the morning and can enjoy a beer or wine in the evening and also enjoy some food. Starbucks is in the lobby which is good for the coffee drinkers.

Had a room with 2 double beds that faced the front of the hotel. Room was very clean, large flat screen TV, and the decor is not of typical Courtyards hotel in the old green and beige colors. This hotel has the new scheme of rust and light yellow and the rooms feel much more modern - no more of the grandma decor. Bathroom had a little different design and had better lighting than I am used to in Courtyard hotels.

Only downside to this area is that there was road construction going on from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am during my stay and I was awakened 2 nights in a row by the noise. This is no reflection of the hotel and maybe there was less noise if your room faced the back of the hotel, but the noise could be heard. You may want to check with the hotel prior to booking to see if the construction is still going on.

Within a mile or so, there are lots of restaurants and shopping. The mall is just a stone's throw away with a Nordstrom, Dillards, and Macys. Besides the chain restaurants, there are some local restaurants close by in the Costco shopping center. Worth checking out those. Also, there are a couple of casinos within a 5 minute drive. Nice diversion for the evening.

Found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. I hope that this kind of Courtyard is the wave of the future. I typically don't care too much for Courtyards, but this hotel was great. I'd stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Westborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice place, clean, friendly staff. Rooms have a decent sized desk, good for working. Breakfast can be included in room rate, and the options make this a good deal. Close to the highway and shops. Recommended if you are in the area on business.

• Stayed July 2011
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Living in Tucson, I don't stay in hotels in the Phoenix metro often. For a friend's business party, a room at the Courtyard was booked for my brother and I. I will have to say, this Courtyard was very nice! The hotel was recently built.. the rooms were clean, fresh and had the newest items available like flat screen tvs. When we entered thru the lobby, my brother had spilled food all over himself.. The staff gave him some napkins and check in was a breeze. This hotel is well worth every penny not to mention it is close to the 202, 101, 60 and I10.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I travel to Chandler/Mesa for business A LOT. I've tried many of the hotels in the area, and this is by far the best. It's new, clean, well decorated and designed. The rooms are large with room to work and relax. The beds are comfortable with lots of pillows. The bathrooms are spotless. The staff is always friendly and outgoing. The lobby is designed for business travelers with free Wi-Fi and lots of comfy seating. They have a cafe in the lobby with a wine and beer bar. All of the wait staff are great. Can't say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I've stayed here twice. I'm a courtyard girl so I've got a lot to compare them to. I think they are just making the new courtyards very cheap.

1st time I stayed here 2 springs broke in my bed in the middle of the night (brand new beds!) I'm 120 pounds so it wasn't my fat rear end....

Second time (last week) the bed was super lumpy and very uncomfortable, Just didn't sleep well.

I'll either stay at the Courtyard on North 54th next time or I may switch brand loyalty altogether.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center? Share your experiences!