“Much more then just tea” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert
Tempe, AZ
“Much more then just tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

I guess my first thought when I looked at the menu was "this place does not know what it wants to be". On the one hand we have a tea house, but on the other hand we have a soul food restaurant with really good looking deserts. I don't look at this confusion as a bad thing, I was just unsure if I should order tea and dessert or catfish w/ collard greens. I opted for the tea and dessert route. We ordered the chai tea and also a pot of the black tea. The chai was very good, some of the best I have had. The black tea was good, but I find it hard to distinguish between my black teas, they all kind of taste the same to me. One thing that was new for us was the tea pot/cup that the black tea came in. You have to put the pot on top of the cup and the tea filters into the cup from above. The dessert were good, we were told they were made off the premise, but there still very good. I would go back here for a tea and dessert, we did not eat off the regular menu, but the catfish looked really good.