“Good except for the extra charges on the bill” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Chandler

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Chandler to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Chandler
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7400 West Boston St., Chandler, AZ 85226 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Chandler)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 28 hotels in Chandler
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Good except for the extra charges on the bill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed here for three nights when I was in town for a business trip. The conference hotel was sold out so I stayed here. Nyla at the front desk was awesome! She was extremely helpful and friendly. Bed was comfortable and the breakfast was the usual fare. The exercise room had a brand of equipment that I hadn't seen before, but it seemed pretty new, was clean, and worked fine.

My stay was great until I went to checkout. They charged a $2.50/night “energy surcharge”. This really annoys me. I expect to be charged the quoted rate plus tax. I'm really not impressed by extra charges that a property conjures up to increase their profits (and make it difficult to accurately compare prices when shopping). When I asked about the charge I was told some story about environmental awareness. A rather silly answer. Why not just tell the truth? You can make more money because most people don't notice or care about a few bucks! But, at least she agreed to remove the charges. Unfortunately, this took several minutes. Thank you for wasting my time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bridgette B, Manager at Comfort Inn Chandler, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time for leaving our hotel a review. We accept all feedback from our guests. We are continually striving to bring the best customer service to our guests. I will make sure to share your generous words with Nyla and the rest of the staff. It is great to hear that you enjoyed so many of the new amenities at our hotel. We serve a full hot breakfast every morning. Our fitness center is open 24 hours a day. We do have an energy surcharge that is announced on the registration and is removed when requested. We participate in many energy saving programs for our hotel. We are reducing our footprint and asking our guest to help with our continued efforts. If you do not choose to participate we will be happy to remove the charges. Please let us know you would like to not participate in the program and we can have the fees removed before checkout to speed up the process. We very much hope that the next time you are in the area you will visit us again at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Because of your front desk employee, Nyla, we were so well informed regarding the hotel, the area & restaurants. This employee was excellent & made our experience at Comfort Inn in Chandler, AZ great.

• Stayed November 2013
Bridgette B, Manager at Comfort Inn Chandler, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing Nyla. She was very happy and excited to read the review you left for her and our hotel. I personally have to thank you for leaving us a review we have a great staff and work very hard to please each and every one of our guests. I hope you come back to see is again at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.
Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The clerks at the front desk when I checked in were very friendly. The hotel is right off the freeway and close to everything. I loved my room. There were a lot of choices for the complimentary breakfast. The housecleaning crew were thorough

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much you choose to share it with many others. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and your room. We do serve the hot complimentary breakfast each morning with an every changing variety of items. I will make sure to share your words with the entire staff. We do hope to see you again at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South
Milan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here and it was a very nice hotel and the staff was very friendly!! Will be staying here again for our next Arizona visit!! The rooms seemed to be very new and well cleaned! They had a hot breakfast as well! Woke up and opened our curtains in the room as could see the beautiful mountains!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Arizona. We very much appreciate your kind words and for sharing them. I will be sharing your exciting review with the entire staff. We do serve a hot breakfast each morning with a changing variety of items. I do hope you experienced many of our other amenities also. We do hope that you come see us again at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Before booking this Hotel we did our research so we were not surprised by the convenience of the location or the cleanliness of the room. What made our stay exceptional was the Staff. Frank, Dharmesh, Joseph and others at the reception desk aided us in maps, directions, faxes and suggested restaurants and local venues with smiles and a lot of patience. Debbie served up breakfast with a most pleasant and friendly attitude.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time in your research and choosing our hotel. We work very hard at our reputation and are delighted to hear that the word is spreading. We are close to Interstate 10 and are more than happy to help in all aspects of your stay. I am so glad that a few outstanding staff members could make your stay great. I will make sure to share your kind words with all of our employees. I do hope that you come see us again at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.
Corpus Christi, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn, Chandler on a quick trip to Phoenix in October. Found this hotel convenient, near a major intersection, but quiet and out of the flow of busy traffic. Room was clean, staff was helpful with suggested restaurants nearby, and breakfast was sufficient. I would stay there again if in the area. The freeways in Phoenix are easy to use, so don't feel you have to get a room next door to your destination. This one worked great, maybe 20 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: Had an accessible room on the ground floor. Very handy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We do have a great central location right off I-10 and Chandler Blvd. I am so glad that you found our location to your liking. I will share your words about our staff’s customer service with all of them. We do hope that next time you come to chandler you will visit us at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff at the Comfort Inn in Chandler, AZ were always available to help resolve any of our travel issues, such as providing copy and fax services, printing out boarding passes, providing maps of the area and giving directions. Debbie, who manages the breakfast area, took a great interest in what we were trying to do to help out our family members living in Chandler. She gave us suggestions daily on how to best accomplish our goals and where to go to get things done at a reasonable price. Her smiling face and cheerful attitude greeted us every morning. Her knowledge of the Chandler area was invaluable to us in shopping, directions, and prices. Additionally, she provided a great breakfast to start our days off in a positive manner!

Linda and Larry Martin

• Stayed October 2013
Mr. and Mrs. Martin,
Thank you so much for leaving us such an incredible review. I will make sure to share your uplifting words with Deborah and the Rest of the staff. We serve a hot breakfast each morning with a variety of items. Our business center has free printing 24 hours a day. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay so much and we do hope to see you at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South
Bridgette Bert

Been to Comfort Inn Chandler? Share your experiences!