“Good choice and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Chandler

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Chandler to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Chandler
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7400 West Boston St., Chandler, AZ 85226 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Chandler)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Good choice and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The room clean and comfortable. It is either fairly new or newly re-decorated. Room was not large, but average size and sufficient for the two of us. We stayed four nights.
Staff was very friendly and wanted to be helpful. The manager was around during breakfast a couple of the mornings during the busy time--cleaning tables, helping visitors, & helping to keep the area neat. The people working the breakfast room was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our breakfast time.
Two minor issues. The bathroom drain was slow--but since we prefer not to have staff in our room while we are checked in, did not report it until we checked out (so can't complain that they didn't resolve the issue right away).
And we put the card on our bed that says "to save water, put this card on your bed and we will make your bed, but not change the sheets". The first couple days, the bed was not even made for us. Housekeeping came in and changed out the towels (we do like new towels everyday) and left. Again, we did not call the front desk, so its our fault the situation didn't get fixed--but it should have been done right--think this worker was lazy and took shortcuts. (We let them know at checkout). On our last day, it was a different person who attended our room--the bed was made and the the whole room was set up nicer. That was one person, and not the whole staff.)
Front desk was friendly as we came in & out. On the first night, we had a lamp with a burned out bulb. Called the front desk and in 15 minutes, the woman was at our door apologizing for taking so long. I think it probably took that long just to go get the bulb and get up to our room.
Breakfast was typical--cereal, breads/muffins/pastries, waffle maker, fruit, eggs & meat (different kinds each day), juice, coffee/tea & hot chocolate, and frig stocked with yogurt & hard boiled eggs. Coffee, tea & use of the microwave were available all day.
Chandler is a pretty nice area and there's plenty of shopping & restaurants in the area.
We felt this was a very good stay and worth the price (at $100/night a little high but not considering this is Phx during winter visitor & baseball spring training time). We would stay again.
We were in Phoenix for business and add relaxing/personal time to that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bridgette B, Manager at Comfort Inn Chandler, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Barb M,
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Chandler. We appreciate your comments about the situations you observed during your stay. I do apologize for our inconsistencies in housekeeping. I am very sorry some items were over looked. We do use these comments to correct and minimize these situations and we can assure you your next stay with us you will notice these improvements. We are happy to hear your stay in general was a good one and we welcome you back to the Chandler area.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Good, clean place to stay , except the doors need something in place so they don't bang so much if they close early mornings or late nights, Would have been nice to have a decent sized closet for our length of stay, but we managed, breakfast would be nicer if there was a little more choice , and not the hotdog type sausage .Staff was excellent, esp. Dharmesh at the front desk & Deborah in the breakfast room, will be back next year if we get a similar rate.

Dear Damargin,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much appreciated. We welcome your observations regarding our security doors and closet. We do have an ever changing breakfast and hope you will find it to your liking the next time you come to Chandler, AZ. I will make sure to share your kind words with Dharmesh and Deborah. We whole heartedly treasure your business with our hotel and hope to see you again on your next trip through Chandler, AZ
lasvegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I thought I was just staying at another Hotel chain. They really made you feel welcome and the rooms were outstanding. Nice big King size bed along with a coffee maker , refrigeator, safe, big tub, and all around clean and cheerful room. The breakfest was ok enough to get you going and meet some interesting people. Had a little trouble with the wifi and couldn't get my boarding passes to print but no problem---they just had me come behind the desk use their computor and print them out. Very helpful and resourceful staff !!!! Great place to stay and close to alot of shops or whatever you may need. Good place to eat across the street at the Speakeasy.

Room Tip: I think they are all nice. All upgraded.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bridgette B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chandler, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear mrfree,
Thank you so much for leaving a review. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the amenities that our hotel offers. I am so glad our staff could accommodate you on all your needs. We do have great shopping centers and restaurants at our location. We welcome you on your next trip to Comfort INN Chandler
Modesto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I like patronizing places where the employees truly care whether customers are satisfied. I was asked a number of times if I needed anything and if everything was good. At the front desk, I asked for a good place to take a walk. The clerk took the time and researched the info for me via the internet. I had a problem with my rewards card. The clerk resolved it for me.
At the breakfast buffet, the lady who put out the food asked me if I needed anything when she saw me looking for something. Then the hotel manager walked by and asked each patron in the dining room whether his or her stay was a good one.
The other reviewers have outlined the positive attributes of this property, so I won't restate them. The only problem I had was originally finding the property. My Google map seemed to place the hotel in the northwest quadrant of the Chandler-Interstate 10 interchange. It is located in the southeast quadrant. A friend who met me at the hotel had the same problem finding the property! The entrance road is just west of the What-A-Burger restaurant.
Arizona has high hotel taxes. Although my room rate was $79 and change, I ended up paying over $90 per night for the room. The $2,50 per night "energy tax", added to the state tax and city tax seemed over the top. I don't blame the hotel for this, but they should let the customer know the final room cost at the time the reservation is made. Most hotels only quote the room rate, so I am willing to overlook this surprise for purpose of this review. I presume all of the other hotels in Chandler have a comparable tax structure.
As a suggestion for improvement, I would like to have seen less ripe bananas served. Sliced melon would have also been great! Even so, there was a nice selection of breakfast items, including sausage and cheese omelet.
I would definitely be willing to stay here again.

Room Tip: Because the elevator is somewhat slow, I prefer a room on the 2nd or first floor. Stairs are availa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear modestotrekkerl,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very happy to hear that our staff was attentive and took care of all your needs. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you on your next trip to Comfort INN Chandler, AZ
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 10 nights. The lobby is inviting and beautifully decorated.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, Our room was clean, king size bed was very comfortable, bed linens smelled fresh. The breakfast buffet had many choices both hot and cold and staff working there were very pleasant.
If we are ever in this area again we would enjoy staying here.
When we will stay in other hotels, we will compare them to above property.

Room Tip: It helps to read reviews on trip advisor.
Dear Lillian m,
Thank you for writing a review of our property. Our staff takes a lot of pride in their work and I am so excited for your gratitude. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you on your next trip to Comfort INN Chandler, AZ
Willow City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff were helpful and friendly from the front desk to the breakfast attendant. The room was very nice and clean. Extremely good for the price. We've stayed at Comfort Inn's before but could tell the staff and management hold high standards. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgette B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chandler, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear VeronNorthDakota
Thank you so much for your review. We very much appreciate your comments about our hotel. We thank you for the recommendation and hope to see you next time on your trip through Chandler at the Chandler Comfort INN
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Arrived late one night and needed a place to stay for two days - what a pleasant surprise! My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Chandler for two nights and it was affordable, very clean, quiet, conveniently located to multiple freeway connections, and the staff was very kind, friendly and helpful. THEN, when I accidentally left a personal item in my room - they had a lost and found collection (which no other previous hotel I stayed at had) and they are mailing it back to me all the way in Oregon. Wow! What a wonderful surprise - to find service, cleanliness and convenience in an affordable price range. Plus the amenities are great - amazing bedding, breakfast, pool, parking, wifi, etc. When we go to Arizona (at least twice a year) - we are going to Comfort Inn Chandler. Thank you staff!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lulu M.
Thank you for leaving a review. I will share your kind words with the staff. As always we do as much as we can to please our wonderful guests like yourself. We hope to see you again at the Comfort INN Chandler
Best Regards
Bridgette Bert

Been to Comfort Inn Chandler? Share your experiences!