“Beginning to miss their "edge" - no longer recommend this property especially if you are HHonor Status” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Phoenix Chandler

Earn Double Points!
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
orlando, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Over the last 5 years or so, I have consistently been impressed with the staff, quality, and overall experience provided by this property. (Cumulatively, I estimate I've stayed at this property for 50 nights during this period.) I am sorry to say that this is no longer the case and can no longer recommend this property. I was scheduled to be here for 5 nights but left after 1 night. The reason was simple - and it is the reason that I kept hoping would change - as this is not the first time I've experienced it. Basically, the hotel - unless you are staying at/near rack rate - will not typically honor diamond status requests. Yes - I realize to some of you this is a bit "picky" but I travel between 100 and 120 nights per year and the "little" things really make the difference between an average property and the great property. It bears witness again that the front desk person (1) did not acknowledge my diamond status (2) did not info me that the executive lounge would be closed and did not bother to issue a coupon for drinks/hors d'oeuvres (since the lounge would be closed) and (3) wanted to argue with me about my request for balcony room by indicating that these rooms were already taken. To their credit, a hilton employee did apologize about this lack of communication for (1) and (2) during an encounter in the lounge - but I will say to the proverbial: (a little too little and too late). That said, I asked housekeeping and it confirmed my suspicion that balcony rooms were in fact available. Practicing this sort of deception is unforgivable. Also, it is the little details that make the difference, especially with so many other great hilton properties in the phoenix area. Yes, it's a good hotel, great location but I can no longer recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jason D, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m very sorry to read about your experience with us. You have certainly given us great feedback we can share with our team and find out where our processes need to be revisited.
We care greatly about the loyalty and comfort of our Diamond Members and would never actively deceive any of our guests.
At this time I can only speculate as to where the breakdown of communication occurred, but I assure you I will look into this matter.
The next time you visit the Phoenix area we would love to have another chance to show we are still the quality hotel you used to love.
Please send me an email next time you are headed this way and I will make sure you have a great stay! jason.diruzza@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Newer hotel, not exactly across the street from the mall, but within walking distance. The rooms are good size and bathrooms are large. Bed is very nice and cozy. Free standing travertine tile shower is large and very nice. It is a small hotel, compared to other Hilton's, but laid out well and easy to maneuver. I didn't have a chance to try the restaurant, but lobby bar is nice. I have stayed at many hotels in Chandler and this one is one of the newer hotels that is comparably priced. I will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Large shower and cozy bed.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jason D, Manager at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback.
It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My room was super clean! The beds were so comfortable def high end sheets! I will def stay at this hotel again. The breakfeast buffet was the best part and it was so cheap. They even let me take food to my newly wed husband.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason D, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback.
It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our beds and breakfast options.
I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is one of the few hotels in my life that I keep coming back too. Good beds, good A/C, good shower. In some ways, it is even better than home. (No, really, I am not exaggerating.) This time around, there was an altercation with a guest across my hallway. But hotel security dealt with the matter professionally and I was impressed with their protocol.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear 639debrac,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m very pleased to see that you enjoyed this past stay with us. I’m sorry to hear about the altercation with your neighbor, but I’m glad our team dealt with the issue swiftly and efficiently. I’ll be sure to thank our team and share your survey with them.

We look forward to your next visit!

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This tiny, full-service Hilton has been a great stay several times. It is our go to when work is done on the house, and when visitors need accommodations. The staff never fails in courtesy and professionalism, or to provide directions to shopping and dining nearby. Wi-Fi, room service, nearby services including Chandler Fashion Center. Breakfast is great, prefer restaurants for dinner. Dining room is excellent place for very quiet business or personal get together. Very relaxing. Lovely rooms, terrific staff. Suggest book directly with hotel, ask about conferences. Things get both booked and a bit noisy.

Room Tip: Avoid elevator, ice maker, conference
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BC D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. I’m very happy to see that you enjoyed this past stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty with the Hilton Chandler.

We look forward to you next visit!

Sedona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice a year for the past three years and it is always well cared for and an excellent room and bed. We have not used the gym and pool areas but internet is free and the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Nancy D,

Thank you so much for submitting a review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreciate your loyalty with our hotel and look forward to your next visit.

Chandler, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton off Frye St. Hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. Had a room with a balcony which was nice to have. Breakfast was good overall. They have a gym with dumbells and a bench which was very nice. Overall the experiance was good. The hotel is a little on the expensive side so I would probably not have stayed here if it wasnt business related.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Patrick H,

Thank you for submitting a review. I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your survey with our team.

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!