“I rarely rate hotels 5 stars but this one makes the grade!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Instant Getaway
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
San Francisco
“I rarely rate hotels 5 stars but this one makes the grade!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

As a frequent traveler, I tend to migrate to Suite hotels such as Homewood, Embassy and Residence Inns, however this hotel was recommended by a friend and after due diligence decided to give it a try. Everything the previous reviewers have said is true and more.

The staff is truly amazing. Everyone greets you with a smile and asks what they can do to be of assistance. Preston in the executive lounge is a prime example. I wandered up there looking for some hot tea. Within minutes someone was at my door with a carafe of hot water and tea bags. Wow!

Another example of the staff going above and beyond. I paid an additional $7.00 for access to the executive lounge mainly for the purpose of getting the continental breakfast in the morning. Unlike other Hilton properties I have stayed at, the continental breakfast is not part of the executive lounge or the restaurant, rather it is labeled Grab and Go from the little coffee stand to the right of the front desk. I checked this out on my first morning and felt it was too basic; instant oatmeal, coffee etc, and not worth the $7.00 I paid. So I went to the dining room and paid an additional $4.00 and got the full buffet which is normally $15.99. I was a little disappointed by having to sort of pay twice, $7.00 and then another $4.00 and was planning to discuss this when I wrote what was going to be my four star review.

However, on the second morning the friends that recommended the place came by for breakfast. We went into the dining room and I explained I had a ticket that gave me the buffet for $4.00 but the actual buffet was $15.99. Our waitress, whose name I wish I had gotten, came over and stated she would honor the ticket for all four of us. So for an additional $4.00 a person we all got the buffet and cooked to order omelets to boot. Very, very, classy, and for that reason alone I would make this my go to place in Phoenix from now on.

Other good reasons to stay at this location. Beautiful rooms, very clean, nice bathrooms, free internet (which most full service Hiltons don't offer), free parking, nice workout room (albeit, with Precor equipment), but everything is new, nice pool area and a safe in the room, live entertainment in the lobby.

Cheers.

Marius

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Marius40,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the service at our hotel. I will be sure to share your review with our team.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Safford, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We travel a lot. We stay at hotels at least once a month, sometimes more. We almost always chose Hilton for our stays and generally the Hampton Inn branch. We stayed at this Hilton because the rates were more reasonable and they allowed us to bring our dog. I have never been so glad we chose something different! The staff - they were just INCREDIBLE! They greeted us with a smile every single time we entered the hotel, and wished us a great day when we left. We stayed over 4th of July the first night and when we asked where the best location was to watch the fireworks they graciously offered us a key to the Executive Lounge to watch the shows. Our kids were thrilled!! We booked that night for our return trip and when we walked in 8 days later, Jason greeted us at the front desk and remembered who we were. We had a little more complicated check in request and he even remembered that from the week before! The staff deserve to be recognized as this doesn't happen often enough. So thank you!! All this bragging about the staff but I can't forget to mention the rooms were clean and the beds were heavenly! I mentioned we brought our puppy and she was quite spoiled while she was there not to mention loved on by our housekeeper! Thank you to the Hilton staff for an amazing experience. We will be returning for sure, next time for a longer visit!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear mlopez528,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went out of their way to make your stay great. I will be sure Jason receives special recognition for a job well done. I will make sure to share your review with our entire team.

San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Friendly staff and top notch accomodations make this my go to hotel when I'm traveling in Phoenix. Their customer service outmatches even the higher end resorts and the rooms are modern, comfortable, and clean.

Dear Michael S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and return to the Hilton Chandler when you are in the area. We greatly appreciate your loyalty with Hilton.

Sutherland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The service and cleanliness of this hotel was outstanding. What terrific staff! From check in to check out I was treated as if I was very special. The staff learns your name and uses it even if they have not seen you for over a week. The executive lounge is a perfect place to relax after a long day at work. The food is excellent! I highly recommend the Chicken fried steak.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Patricia R,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that our staff took great care of you during your stay with us. It is also great to see that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge and had a chance to eat at the hotel.

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I love this hotel for it's great location next to Chandler mall, the wonderful staff, the great service, and of course the comfort of the stay. Whenever my wife and I come up to Phoenix, this is the first place we look to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Malik H,

Thank you for submitting a review. Our team is very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

phoenix, arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Only stayed one night July 6, 2013. Our room looked like the picture on the website. Absolutely loved the king bed. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The room was good size, clean, and very modern. The bathroom was big with a glass door shower. We didn't have time to try the restaurant or pool. There are so many restaurants, huge shopping mall, and galleries close by and the shuttle will take you within 5 miles of the hotel. Check in & check out was smooth. The property is clean and very safe. I didn't hear any other people in the hall at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear azdisneyfan,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the accommodations and service at the hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

What happen to seasoned senior supervisory staff? Now I see young supervisors over senior wait staff who are afraid to demand and expect exceptional service. I ordered fried eggs, piece of toast and 3 pieces of bacon. A different waitress (Dawn) brought it to me and told me the bacon and toast was at the buffet!! She walked past the buffet to bring me my order!! Too late to make the piece of toast. I know this is a picky issue but it is sad to see such a wonderful hotel chain decline. I truly believe this is do to managers afraid to teach and train what true service to the valued customer is all about.

• Stayed July 2013
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear VacayRUs2,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m very sorry to see that you felt the service at Hilton is on the decline. We pride ourselves on having a uniquely diverse team at the Hilton Chandler. I will be sure to share your experience with our team and review our training best practices.

Thank you for making us aware of this and allowing us the opportunity to review it with our team.

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!