“First class Hilton experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Executive Level Upgrade
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“First class Hilton experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was one of the best stays I've ever had in a Hilton.

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The employees at the front desk always greeted me with a smile when I walked in the front door. Gin, the concierge for the Executive Lounge, does a tremendous job of creating a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere in the lounge. He is an absolute credit to the hotel.

My room was immaculate and well appointed. All of the furniture, fixtures, etc were in excellent working order. The shower stall in the bathroom had sensibly located holders for soap and toiletries.

I ate one dinner in the restaurant--I had a bowl of tomato bisque and an excellent ribeye steak.

As a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, I am entitled to free breakfast. The free breakfast is a continental breakfast. For a $4 upcharge, I had the full buffet, which included a variety of meats, eggs, fruits, oatmeal, cereals and juices. This was an outstanding benefit--my dietary restrictions make the typical continental breakfast inedible.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I return to the Phoenix area. I cannot think of a single thing to complain about. It would have been nice to have gotten an upgrade, but I appreciate that these are not always available. Besides, the room I had was perfectly nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear ARWhite,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. I very much appreciate the detailed account of your experience with us. It is great to hear that you really enjoyed your stay and will be with us in the future – Thank you!

William Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the first time in all my traveling that my request for a feather-free room was taken care of *before* I checked in. Usually I have to call down from the room to have things removed and foam pillows delivered. This time, I was told the room was already prepared when I checked in. Good job!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. I’m happy to see that our team was able to have your feather free preferences all arranged prior to check in. I am sorry to see that at other hotels that is not always the case.

Milwaukee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel has beautiful and modern features. The staff was great! The food was very good. I was undecided about what I wanted for dinner and decided on one dish which was good but not what I was in the mood for. They insisted taking it back and making me the other option. No charge to me! Very accomodating.

Dear Erin K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. It’s great to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. I’m glad you enjoyed the food at the hotel as well.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My three girls and I stayed here over the weekend. It was a great stay and I would definitely return.

Upon check-in, Bobby was very friendly and welcoming. He also made conversation with the girls as we came and went the two days. The first interaction often sets the tone of the stay and he was great. Daisha was a nice friendly face during check out.

We stayed on the executive level and it seemed to be the same as the regular room I stayed in before. The only exception was the step out balcony which was great for getting some fresh air. Unfortunately, it was so hot that we didn't spend much time out there this stay. The rooms were nicely decorated, functional and comfortable.

Speaking of the executive level, there was an executive lounge. It was nice to have a larger space where the girls and I could spread out and not have to stay on beds. Gian in the lounge was FANTASTIC! He was very accomodating and entertaining with special interaction with my younger daughter. They kept asking if he was there during the rest of our stay. The lounge is nice for grabbing cold drinks throughout the stay. There are two computers, a television, mini bar, snacks, and lots of seating and a balcony available.

My favorite part of the stay, hands down, was the room service. I can't even believe I am typing this, but the room service was ridiculous. We only ate one meal away from the hotel, and that was before we tried the food there, because the food was that good. I thought it was rather "sophisticated" for hotel room service. This wasn't your basic burger and cold pizza. The roasted tomato and garlic bisque was out of control. My mouth is watering thinking about it. I thought the prices were more than reasonable, especially for room delivery. The four of us ate meals for around $40-$45 and that included the appetizer, meals, and service charge. The executive breakfast you receive, down at the coffee stand, was suprisingly good as well. You also have the option of paying a $4 upcharge to have the hot breakfast buffet. we tried the hot buffet this morning and it was worth the upcharge when you have the time. I would come back to this hotel for the food alone. Sounds crazy, but just have a bowl of the bisque!

I only have two minor complaints and they wouldn't keep me from returning. I'm a little picky and I can't help it. I requested extra towels before arriving and I did receive the large towels, but we only had 3 small towels. It is a pet peeve of mine to have a reservation for 4 people and only get 3 small towels. Small annoyance. I also wish the executive lounge had more of a food offering. Of course I stayed over the weekend when the hotel is relatively empty and things could be different during the busy week. It is advertised as having evening snacks/ hors d'oevres and there were potstickers on Saturday, but nothing on Sunday except the trail mix stuff and yogurt in the fridge.

Bottom line is that this is a fantastic hotel. The location was very convenient to the freeways and it was across the street from a mall. The service was wonderful all around. A special thank you to Bobby up front, Alex in room service, and Gian in the lounge.

We'll be back!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to stay on the executive floor. The available drinks and executive breakfast are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear YNOL,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We sincerely appreciate the feedback you have provided about your experience with us. I will make sure to give a special thanks to the team members you listed in your review. Our team will also discuss the towels and Executive Lounge food offerings that you had mentioned.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were able to stay the weekend while attending a graduation party. I was especially impressed with the staff of the Hilton--very friendly and accomodating! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable!! Loved the pillows and plan on purchasing the same kind for home. Slept great on the king size bed. There are meals to purchase for in-room dining and the prices are very reasonable. There is a bar inside the hotel, as well as a food buffet on weekends. We were so busy with family acitivities that we were unable to use the pool or hot tub like we planned, but since we live close, we'll definately book here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chollabay,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m very happy to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on delivering great service and it is always refreshing when our guests notice – Thank you!

Atlanata, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you are a frequent traveler to Tempe/Chandler, the Hilton is worth checking out. I have stayed at several other area hotels and the quality of service at the Hilton is far and away above the rest and most other places I have stayed. The staff is attentive and friendly and always willing to resolve any issue I have had. They get to know their frequent guests by name and will go out of their way to accommodate your needs. It recently won the Hilton award for service level in it's class and it shows. Rooms are nice and comfortable and consistently clean. The food is good in the restaurant and the bar has live entertainment several nights a week. I am happy I found this hotel as I am in Phoenix a lot and the staff makes me feel at home rather than just being an anonymous customer that they don't want to deal with in other hotels.

Dear Will Z,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. It is absolutely fantastic to hear about the experiences you have had at our hotel. I will be sure to thank our entire team on your behalf.

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was so impressed with the Hilton staff. Having been in customer service for many years, I always look for friendly and helpful people where ever I go. The Chandler Hilton staff at the check-in counter and dining room staff during our breakfast were amazing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alice O,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel for the wedding weekend. I will share this review with our team.

William Taylor

Been to Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!