“Best hotel experience ever...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Executive Level Upgrade
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Calgary, Canada
“Best hotel experience ever...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Spent a week at this hotel for a hockey tournament. We were a group of 2 hockey teams of 14 -15 year old boys.

We have stayed at many hotels and resorts through the years. As well traveled with our hockey team to many different hotels. This hotel was possibly our best hotel experience we have had. We have stayed at Four Seasons, Ritz, etc, etc and their service is good although may feel forced. Everyone we met at this hotel from check in to check out was great and genuinely wanted to help out.

When we checked in someone from our group had their luggage lost by the airline. When they arrived in their room there was a note from the hotel "sorry your day is bad, enjoy an appetizer on us in the lounge". At check in the hotel staff was full of smiles, laughing, etc, etc. Awesome!

The rooms were very clean and our housekeeping was impeccable each day. Some days our room wouldn't get done until after 2:00pm but when you saw the extensive cleaning they did each day, it made sense why your room took awhile to get around to. Others in our group had their rooms done early each morning, so I guess location in the hotel was the difference - one end of the hall vs. the other...

Normally when we travel with our hockey team we are often harassed by grumpy staff, grumpy security and arrive to a list of "rules" for the team. We had none of that here. The hotel was equally as helpful with the players as their parents.

Our room had a huge patio - I mean huge. Could probably seat 50 people. We sat out there one evening and it was a little cold. We called down and asked for a patio heater (not really thinking they would bring one up). 5 minutes later we had a patio heater on our patio. Delivered with a smile.

We asked to have patio heaters put out by the pool one evening and by 8:30, they were out there. We had the team swimming, etc to 10:00pm (pool closing time) and the hotel came around to check on us, brought out extra towels, and then said they would keep the pool open for another hour for us. No complaints. At 11:00 he came back and suggested we move to the lounge in the lobby in time for "last call". We went into the lounge which I think closed at 11 or 12. Well the bartender offered to stay later for us and they stayed open till I suspect 1:00.

Food at the hotel was great, although maybe a touch slow. But maybe it was because we would often show up in the restaurant with a group larger than 6...Our room was in very good condition, the beds were extremely comfortable. We had a handicap room so the shower would spray all over the bathroom floor because the water pressure was so high. So good water pressure meant water on the floor - just laid a towel down...not a huge problem. The handicap room meant less space for toiletries in the bathroom and one less cabinet in the main room to put things on...still not a big problem.

Pool area was awesome for a non resort style hotel. Never a shortage of lounge chairs, clean pool, fresh towels, and a nice hot tub. Their pool bar and service didn't normally open until 11 am. But once the hotel realized we would be outside earlier (working around hockey games) they started to open up their pool bar/service at 10:00am. The hotel provided pool noodles, floaties, etc, etc.

Someone from our group lost $100 bill on the floor in the hallway outside their room. Later that day the housekeeper knocked on the door and said she had found it on the floor. It was returned to her.

We used their shuttle bus for a ride to historic Chandler, La Stalla (amazing food, eat there). We used 2 vans and the girls driving were super friendly and returned to pick us up as soon as we called. Amazing service!!!

Overall, our week at this hotel was perfect. They were so patient with our 14-15 year old teenage boys, all the smelly hockey equipment, the parents letting off steam in the lobby bar, the requests for patio heaters, our team taking photos with the boys standing IN their fountain outside, etc, etc, etc. I don't know what else the hotel could have done to make our stay better. At one point we were sitting outside with the huge HILTON sign lit up in red above us...as a joke someone from our group said "every time we ask them to do something they say 'sure'..."we should ask them to turn up the brightness of the HILTON sign so we can see better, maybe they'd even do that".

The majority of our team is made up of business people who travel a lot. Many people commented that they would be writing directly to Hilton because their experience at this hotel was so positive.

We would definitely stay here again!!! Great service that seemed to come natural to everyone there. You can see why they are the top rated Hilton...

Room Tip: We had room 245 which was handicap but had a HUGE balcony/patio area. Had nice sunset views every e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Jocjayhay_9,

Thank you for submitting a review. Rarely will a guest take the time to detail every aspect of their stay as you have. I want you to know that we really appreciate the time you spent on this review. It was a genuine pleasure to have you and the teams here for President’s Day weekend.

Our team is looking forward to having you all back next year!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great business hotel. Rooms are clean and updated. Room service was excellent and the gym is fantastic. New treadmills and equipment with towels and water available.

Miso salmon and room service were excellent. Staff was wonderful and helpful.

Room Tip: choose a room facing away from the power plant across from hotel. It can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear AATEDD,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to order room service and use the gym.

We appreciate your loyalty with Hilton!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I travel to AZ frequently for work and I opt to stay at the property whenever I can. It's small enough so that everything is convenient inside if it, yet it has some amenities that hotels of this size typically do not have these days. Examples: A lounge, a restaurant, a coffee shop. Live music in the lounge some weeknights. The 6th floor is the Executive floor which has it's own modest lounge and some additional amenities. During my last stay I managed to leave my car keys in my room. I didn't discover this until i was back in WI and could not access my car. Not only did housekeeping find my keys, they promptly shipped them to my home address. This is a top notch property and I look forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: 6th floor is the Executive floor. Usually not a lot more to stay on that floor. Enough extra perks t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear jmp1975,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to spend some time in the Executive Lounge. We recognize that sometimes it’s the small things that can separate us from the competition and it is refreshing when our guests notice that.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This location is rated a 3 star but I would rate this location as a 4+ star. We often stay at the Ritz Carlton and this place was very nice for the location and the price. The staff was very friendly, greeted you on the way in each time, really made us feel special. We stayed 5 days. We ;eft and had to come back cause we were in a car accident so when we checked in again we got another room. The first room had a faulty shower, the water temperature was fluctuating which was very odd but we didn't report it until we were on our way out. Also the location is very good but you're across from a processing plant of sorts, it's kind of an eyesore but I didn't expect much from that area of Arizona.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear TheMcG17,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that our staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Chandler. I am sorry to hear about the car accident and hope that everyone is okay.

We appreciate you loyalty and look forward to your next visit!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I travel from Asia and was there from 19-26Jan, the weather turn up all time high than usual at 81F. Usually it's 70s or below. Night was nice with a fleece jacket. The room is nice and bed comfy. The bathroom must have been renovated before cos the standing area for shower is quite small, looks like a tub area before. I am 180 lbs and if I am bigger I think I will trouble closing the glass door. The area outside is walking distance close to the fashion mall with Targets, Sears and many others. It's very convenient if u don't drive. I stayed in hotel most of the time due to my workload but I still feel a nice welcome from the friendly staff, Jason, Justin, Malcolm etc. Jason took care of my postcard postage which I appreciated very much. This will be my preferred hotel if I come down Chandler again.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear AIK71,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our staff delivered excellent service. I will be sure to give kudos on your behalf to the staff members you mentioned.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great Check in on Christmas Eve. Young staff made us feel welcome! Room was very good, nice view and very quiet! We were visiting family for Christmas, Staff on Christmas Day was exceptional as well! Can't say enough good things about the experience. See you Next year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Brian1024,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. It’s great to see that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel during the Christmas holiday. I will be sure to thank our team for making sure you had a great time here.

Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I am just concluding a 7 night business stay here. First, the good...every staff member I interacted with was exceptionally warm and friendly. Room was comfortable with the exception of no bathtub, shower only. Everything was in order including my request for a microwave before I arrived. Impressive. Request for extra hangers etc all done quickly. Room service was fast and quality of food and food choices better than a lot of places. Two issues. One, lack of TV station options. Multiple sports channels and multiple children's options but lacks the diversity of options for female business travelers, I.e. hgtv, food network, e, etc. not that big a deal but most Hilton properties I stay in have these....now to the bigger issue and I did complain to the manager on duty today. When I came down for breakfast this morning at 10am the tile floor was in the middle of being cleaned right at the entrance and all through the bar. Had to lift my pants so not to get them wet. Chemical soap smell permeated the restaurant. Cleaning people were rude. Even hotel staff, not to mention all others hotel guests upset. When done with breakfast they had now moved on to elevator area. I live in hotels 300 nights a year and not once have I seen this done at 10/11 in the morning. Not to mention their rude staff who I overhead being argumentative with the hotel staff when hotel staff was trying to tell them they could not clean in an area right now. Ultimately the hotel manager should have sent them away to come another time no matter how aggressive and rude they were. That cleaning firm should be fired!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Slgiberson,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am very happy to see that in most aspects of your stay our team did a great job. The lobby tile cleaning that took place on Sunday could definitely have been handled better by our team. We learned a lot from this and will be better prepared to handle this type of situation in the future. We will be upgrading our TV channel lineup this year sometime. The suggestions you have provided will be very helpful as we decide what channels to add.

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!