“Great place to relax and have fun with your family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave Creek
Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel
6333 East Cave Creek Road, Cave Creek, AZ 85331   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Cave Creek
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Great place to relax and have fun with your family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I live in Phoenix and decided to get away for our anniversary weekend. We decided to stay at the Tumbleweed. What a wonderful weekend, atmosphere and fun. The people in the front office are so nice and accomodating always willing to help decide what to do for fun. The rooms are wonderful and make you feel like you are so far away from the "city". Everything is within walking distance which is great! It just so happened to be the weekend of "Rodeo Days" which was an added bonus. We invited our son and his family up to join in the fun. There was a parade Sat morning and we sat right in front of the hotel and watched it (best seat in town)! My 3 yr old grandaughter loved it!! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants to just relax and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the town. We will definetely be back!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a casita... they are awesome!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newcastle, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would not wish a stay at this place on my worst enemy. It was difficult to give this dump a one.
My sister in law booked us into this place for 3 nights non refundable and felt that it would be a 'hoot"
The only Western feeling were the sayings on one wall about cowboys, Indian throw rugs and a damn uncomfortable bed, not to mention the threadbare sheets and pillows like sheets of paper. Also, the wifi didnt work, the clock radio didnt work and the phone did not work!! Lightbulbs were missing and the curtains wouldnt close and we were on the main floor!!! The small tv. was out of the 70s.
Now , if this room were $50 ok, but they charged us 177.00!!!!
The pool area was deplorable. I'm sure prisons have better situations. No shade, no proper furniture and not heated anyways. Nowhere to sit out at this place.
Staff totally shocked that we had any beefs with such a paradise!! No apologies there, no lets make things right Couldnt care less.
The only thing that was good was that we were able to check out next day and were not held to the other 2 nights. They said they had a long waiting list anyways, although on passing the place the next 2 days, the vacancy sign was on.
Mr. Ross , you should be ashamed.
I can't imagine who the other people are who are giving such stellar reviews???????? Very unbelievable unless they lived in dives.
Our trip to beautiful Arizona and surrounding areas was wonderful. Too bad this was the bad apple that spoiled some of our trip.
Dont go there.
Jennifer and Mike Walsh

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizonastyle, Guest Relations Manager at Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am very sorry that the Tumbleweed Hotel did not meet your expectations. The gentleman who booked the room introduced himself as your son. I know it is difficult when someone else makes decisions on accomondations on others behalf. But for future guests I would like to respond to a few things.....
you called the front desk with concerns of several things not working in the room, Such as the phone, the lamp and the clock radio. We pointed out that the switch by the door operates those outlets and it was turned down. The next concern was you were not able to connect to the wi fi. We offered to bring out our own laptop to show you that the wi fi was operating, but you declined. Next you pointed out the pool, and thought there was not furniture. But the pool is on the lower elevation and there is furniture and shade. The price of the room became the main issue, so we absolutely told you that you were not obligated to stay that night or any future nights. The comfort of guests visiting our area is very important, and if another location is preferred we understand. But for future guests, we are a wonderful boutique size, western themed hotel. We are within walking distance to everything in town, and put packages together for those who are interested in hiking, horseback riding, off road adventures ect. We promise a good time and a wonderful staff.
burlington wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the Tumbleweed for an entire week while we vacationed in Arizona. Rooms are very comfortable and the western decor is great. Everything in town is within walking distance, so the location is perfect. Our two teenage daughters had a great time and enjoyed the pool. Owners had tons of useful information and pointed us in the right directions to make our stay the very best! Planning on definitely returning to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Tumbleweed Hotel over the weekend of March 8, 2013 thru the 10th. The initial arrival presented itself with promise of small town charm and hospitality that changed over the course of the stay. That night I didn’t return to the hotel due to reasons unforeseen and ended up reserving the room via phone the next morning before check out time. They advised they may have to move me into another room but would try not to. Upon arriving back at the hotel Saturday night around 10 p.m. all seemed right, my bags were next to my bed stacked and half of my toiletries were found stuffed into my suitcase which I had not placed in there but had left in the bathroom. Having a slight case of OCD and insisting things be in there rightful place, I looked around for my toiletry duffle to no avail. The bathroom had been cleaned and all of my stuff removed from the shower, the trash emptied and towels replaced. We called the front desk, the gal came to the room, said she was the only one that came in the room and the maid had never been in there and didn’t have a key. I was issued two keys when I arrived. A friend of mine had initially reserved the room for me since I was from out of town and never stepped foot near or in the hotel room and I had one key in a small make up bag that I took with me and the other in my purse in the room. I continued to look around the room, closet, bed, cabinets, nothing. We called the front office again, leaving two messages about the bag being gone, the girl, again, insisted that she was the only one in the room. We left the next day needing to return home and still nothing later that day on the phone call that afternoon to check if it had turned up. Mind you, the contents of the bag probably added up to less than $60.00 total but at this point it was the matter of principle. Two days lapsed with nothing so my husband called the hotel again to speak to the manager. She knew that two cards had been on file for the room. My husband was well aware of this. She tried to taunt him with statements like, “Which are you? The boyfriend or the husband?” then followed by, “You need to check with the gentleman she was with as they sure were chummy while here last night.” I left my room to attend dinner plans at 6 p.m. and never returned to the room until the next night at 10 p.m. with my husband. She then proceeded to call my husband a liar, saying that I had checked out early that morning to follow with the fact that I had been unable to return due to my unforeseen circumstances contradicting her initial story. She began yelling at him and cussing. There were several stories from 2 different women. Bottom line was someone from the Tumbleweed hotel stole property that didn’t belong to them and instead of apologizing or admitting that maybe it had been misplaced and would be looking into it, refused to give the name of the owner/corporation, refused a phone number and continued to imply that we were lying and was overly abusive with her tone and language during the phone call. I would never suggest staying at the Tumbleweed Hotel ever. It may be one of the few places there but if you have possessions, they may be safer at a hotel in the city. Rent with caution!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KELOWNA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stay there a buddy and I so we would enjoy all of that Cave Creek has to offer during the day or night on a busy weekend. This motel is severely overprice for what it offers. We paid total $177 @ night. The rooms are ordinary at best with a western decor. Our sink did not drained properly, told the manager who really didn't seemed to care. He had just finish fixing the toilet in the room next door. Sink never got fixed. The neighboring room noises is high. We could hear all of the conversation of the dude speaking with his girlfriend in the middle of the night .... interesting but it woke us up. The wifi (what wifi) did not work (it's not my computer). The room cleaning lady showed up after 4 PM and left us one clean towel. Not fun when you are about to jump into the shower. My buddy went to the reception and returned with more. Aside from the location, this motel is super basic and I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor which minimized some of the noise. This motel is very biker frien...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Antigo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend. We had a wedding in Cave Creek so the Tumble Weed was a GOOD choice for a place to stay. It is in a great location for shopping, dining and sightseeing. All within walking distince. The staff was very helpful and kind. ( Must be the owners Wisconsin upbringing.) The hike we took up Black Mountain was interesting. Next time we will bring hiking shoes and not flip flops. Beautiful sites in every direction. We will stay at the Tumble Weed hotel the next time we are visiting my sister.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arizonastyle, Manager at Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. Guests like you are what makes us tick. We are so proud to be able to offer a true Cave Creek experience that you can't get anywhere else! See you next year.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Came here for a quick "weekend get away" from the city with my fiance. Definitely a nice change of pace. Such a beautiful area. Loved the atmosphere, it was romantic but I can see it being a great place for families too.

Everyone at the hotel was really friendly and helpful. The manager Jenna was so sweet and even organized horseback riding for us!!! Very cute place, lots of places to walk to. And the coffee shop next door offers free coffee to all of the guests!! Whats NOT to love about that?!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will see you and your Fiance again soon!

Been to Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel? Share your experiences!