“Looking for a fun environment.... Not here.” 2 of 5 stars

480-538-8008
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cocomo Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 62 Restaurants in Cave Creek
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
New River, Arizona, United States
“Looking for a fun environment.... Not here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Bad food, one person working during lunch service.... My crystal ball says this place will close up within a year. Too bad because it looks like it once was a fun- happening place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Gilbert, Arizona
“All in One!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Food, Dancing, live music...all in one!
I went here for a friends Bday-Sat night. I thought to my self...I've been missing this? No more, I'm coming back! Food was fantastic (range $10-13), worth every penny. Huge amount of food. I had the skillet Nachos- which had warm chips, melted cheese, chicken... just delish! We had drinks which had weak pour- the only reason I didn't give 5 stars for my rating. I tried two different drinks- usually I would be toasted after two but I barley felt any buzz-and that was before food. The drinks tasted good (Margarita & Around the world) just weak. They had a live band Crown Kings - so much fun, music all night long that made me not want to leave the dance floor. I say don't hesitate, just go. Atmosphere was perfect for jeans and a Tshirt or a dressed up for a night out.- lighting perfect.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cave Creek, Arizona
“We did see cougars, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

the food was great. We went on a weekend and the place wasn't that busy. We started with their homemade chips and salsa. We both thought that the chips were some of the best we've ever had. The chips came with two salsas, spicy and mild. Both were good.

I had their fish tacos with beans and rice and my husband had a bacon cheese burger with fries. My tacos were terrific - spicy and moist. I also liked the gooey beans and spicy rice.

My husband's burger was gigantic. The bun was so soft it crumbled on him. He ended up eating it with utensils. His batter fries were real good, too.

Service was good, prompt and there when we needed her. We're definitely headed back for happy hour and more chips with maybe some queso.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix ,AZ
“Casual Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good food and inexpensive. Large bar and the happy hour specials are worth the trip. Indoor and outdoor seating. Service is attentive and very friendly.

Visited March 2012
Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
“Food is not the mainstay of this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

They may be better at being a neighborhood bar. The food borders on inedible. It's actually a little depressing to go there, They had live music, but a very poor acoustic environment, plus extremely poor sitelines. I would call it a dive.