“Pretty Views; Lousy Golf Experience.” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
45 attraction reviews
“Pretty Views; Lousy Golf Experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

On the surface, this looks like a great place to golf. In reality, it was not when we played on Monday. We started with 20 minutes of standing around the cart return area waiting for a cart -- they didn't have enough carts for the number of t-times they sell! Then we paid for a bag of soft, old range balls to hit on their divot-filled range. Play on the course started out slowly and ground to virtual halt by the 9th hole. There were three groups waiting to tee off there -- a real tribute to the Mickey Mouse nature of this course. It's really in a pretty area and features wonderful scenic views, but it's not much of a golf experience. The restaurant is very nice, though.

huddersfield UK
11 attraction reviews
“birthday trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

my review of this attraction really starts before you get there as I was informed by the consiege at my resort not to speed on my journey to the course. now Im not heavy footed but i saw 2 LEO's on the way there with radars you will not enjoy your round of golf if you have just got a ticket.
The course I arrived in good time and was met promptly by the bag guy very pleasant check in and payment painless starter pair me up with a threesome and brought my tee time forward. I play as a single and don't mind being paired with different players it improves. starters told us something about the course but didn't tell us about the hints for each hole on the back of the scorecard which as you cannot see the tee on a lot of the holes would have been a big help on some of the holes.
The couse has some quite impressive elevation changes and the cart path would be a white knuckle ride if it was in Orlando. Its not the first time I've played off a cliff but its impressive.
The scenary impressive and the couse is nice to play an because its mountain location has the souaro cactuses or should that be cactii I
My one and only gripe was the course marshall we were buggeed by him for a number of holes to speed up and to be fair there was no one infront of us and appart from 1 hole there was no one behind us either but we hadn't seen anyone in front of us at all even from the first hole then at the turn we had a lecture from the starter again none behind us or in front. now I dont mind letting people through there's lots of golfers in this world that hit it farther than me and straighter than me but he did spoil (just a little) an other wise nice round on a nice couse
O our round was just under 4 hours.

Visited November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Solid short course with great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting a friend in late October and played this course as a threesome at about 9 am on a Saturday morning. Met immediately at bag drop. Check in friendly. Payed $80 plus range balls. Range fairly small but perfectly adequate. The practice putting green was, I thought, much slower than the actual greens. 6,400 from the tips but it played shorter than that because some of the par threes (six on the course) played significantly downhill (and I also thought that some of the yardages were not as long as listed) A few relatively tight driving holes. Very nice conditions with the greens well kept up and the fairways in very good condition. Some excellent views of the Valley. Finished in about four hours and thirty-five minutes. Very enjoyable experience. Not overly difficult but tee shots off line are easily lost. Also, restaurant had good food and drinks. Would certainly go back again.

Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
3 attraction reviews
“cooler then phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The most beautiful course in AZ. Saguaros, coyotes, toads and quail.
Authentic SW scenery and well groomed course with no snooty atmosphere. Great local pros, John and Chad

Visited June 2012
Cave Creek, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Great value and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very nice course with great views. Can be tight in spots but not too hard. Well stocked pro shop, easy T-time system and the rates are good. Staff and other golfers are always firendly. I usually play as a single and always get a fun group to play with.

Visited September 2012