“4 years, 4 holiday, 4 dinners at Carwrights” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cartwright's Sonoran Ranch House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Cave Creek
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cartwright’s Sonoran Ranch House honors the spirit of Arizona’s ranching days with rustic yet upscale dining. Located on Saguaro Hill and overlooking Black Mountain and the Sonoran desert foothills, the restaurant’s ambience inside is as captivating as the setting outside. At Cartwright’s Sonoran Ranch House, a hacienda style dining room, enclosed patio and private wine room boast artistic touches such as straw-packed walls, sandstone and slate accents, woodwork from local mesquite, and a wood-burning fireplace in each room. The interior recalls the original ranch house built by Jackson (Manford) Cartwright in the early 1900s. His father, “Red” Cartwright, was a pioneering cattle rancher in Cave Creek in the late 1800s. The family ranch operated for three generations and more than a century, and is still in use today. Chefs continue this tradition with all-natural meats, including Arizona beef, Colorado range-fed lamb, and North American elk and buffalo slow-cooked over a crackling mesquite wood fire. Also enjoy fresh seafood, house-made bread and desserts, a Wine Spectator Award-winning wine list and fine whiskies, bourbons and Scotches. Cartwright’s is available for private events and off-site catering. Reservations are recommended.
“4 years, 4 holiday, 4 dinners at Carwrights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Me and my family have visited Scottsdale, AZ for the last 4 years in a row. As a tradition the last nights dinner has always been at Cartwrights.

I think this explains itself at how great the food and customers service is. 8oz fillet and campfire smores for me please :D

• Visited September 2013

langley
“Things Have Changed !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went the other night with a couple that had not been there and was disapointed that the decor has changed and the atmosphere is now more open and casual rather than intimate. Three of us had the Halibut and believe it or not all three were dry...worst thing was when they remade the dishes two out of the 3 were still dry !! The other person had a bone in rib-eye that was done to perfection !! Because we have "never" had a bad meal there before we will give it another shot but really hope this is not a turn for the worst at what was such a great restaurant. !!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
East Northport, New York
“The best of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Amazing food, service and menu! We had 6 people at our table, each one ordering something different. I ordered the elk tenderloin, While my husband had the rib eye. Both of agreed this was 1 of the best meals we had ever eaten. The waitress was very efficient and friendly and didn't rush us to leave, even though most of the tables were full. We'll be back!

• Visited April 2013
Glendale, Arizona
“Amazingly different and perfect for a special celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The perfect anniversary celebration spot! Food was the best we have ever eaten- cant wait to visit their sister restaurant "Tonto Bar and Grill."
The only downside was that we had reservations for 5pm with the prior approval to come and set the table pretty at 430. We were not going to order that early- we merely wanted to set up the table to surprise our parents. However, when we arrived we were not allowed and they held us in the lobby until 5pm when our parents arrived. Kinda awkward. We spoke to the manager and moved on. Also we were promised the private dining room and instead were seated in the quiet area of a side large dining room.
Yet all in all a fantastic experience that we are still talking about well after August 16!
We will return and will visit Tonto's as well.
Best food, best service "Chris" the male waiter (with an accent) was awesome and thanks for the suggestion of mac and cheese instead of potatoes like everyone else was having- par excellence!
Nice touch with the pastry chef writing "Happy 60th Anniversary" on a fancy dessert plate rim, and also the cute tiny treasure box of melt in your mouth truffles.
Great place to go- take that special someone and enjoy authentic Sonoran food- buffalo, elk were amazing! And we were comfortably full and not bloated afterward- there is REAL food out there and in this place!!!
Thanks for an unforgettable 60th anniversary celebration!
We will be back! See you at Tonto's too!

• Visited August 2013
Crystal River, FL
“Everything Was Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visiting my son, I was looking for a comfortable, casual place with ambiance and quality food. Cartwright's far exceeded my expectations. My filet oscar (with bernaise and crab) and side dish of their vegetables was suburb and done perfectly. I absolutely loved the friendly ranch atmosphere. It has a great bar and wonderful dining room. The waitress and management took their time to make sure your meal was the best. My filet was $32 but I eliminated my usual glass of wine and felt this was a tremendous value for what the quality I got. I would rather eat one good thing at a restaurant than a bunch of ordinary food. Everyone in the place seemed like they were happy to be there. I will forever put this on my "must visit" list in Cave Creek when I visit Arizona.

• Visited August 2013