“Great Birthday idea for families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Activities in Cave Creek
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great Birthday idea for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Safe, beautiful and very entertaining. The staff is highly qualified and good at matching up horse and riders. I was terrified at first, but by the end was having a blast.

FisherCreekStanley, Owner at Cave Creek Trail Rides, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
I loved your comments:"safe, beautiful and very entertaining. Thanks! I was also glad that you went from "terrified" to having a "Blast". You are why we love what we do. Thanks for taking the time to comment. You made my day.

Deb

De Pere, Wisconsin
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We took our daughter horseback riding for her 1st time, she is 6 years old. This ride was GREAT!! My husband and I are experienced riders. We all had a great time. The views are great! Steve, the guide was friendly, knowledgable and very easy going. Everyone at the ranch was so very friendly and fun to chat with.
Of the things that I really liked was the group that went on this ride was our own. We didnt wait for others to join. We went when we were ready and went at our own pace. Our daughter also really liked dressing up for the ride with the gear they had there.
We really enjoyed this ride. Thanks guys for the memories!

Visited May 2012
We are excited to hear that your 6 year old had a great time and that you and your husband also enjoyed the ride. We love to have the young children have a great first experience on horseback. Dressing up is so fun :). Kids and adults love the boots, hats and chaps. It has been a really fun addition to our corrals.

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on the great time you had with us.

Deb
Mendota Heights, MN
“Great family activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our two hour ride with Cave Creek. The horses are well cared for and the facilities are clean. My children (12 & 14) loved the ride and my husband enjoyed it as well - although he was sore. Great information from our guide and the land we covered was beautiful. Highly recommend this stable.

Visited April 2012
FisherCreekStanley, Owner at Cave Creek Trail Rides, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor .We are so lucky to be inside the Cave Creek Regional Park. Beautiful rolling hills with lush plant and animal life. We are also easy to find and just far enough out of the city to be great get-a-way.

We hope to see you again.
NY
“Fantastic place, and great with special needs, too...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Cave Creek Trail Rides provided a great experience for our family with 2 kids, neither of whom had been horseback riding before, and one who has autism. The owner, Deb, was GREAT with my son- she was totally welcoming to my son's special needs, very accepting and open. She took baby steps to introduce him to the horses, and personally made sure he felt comfortable walking around on the horse before having the trail ride start. She really custom tailored the entire experience just for our family's situation. Our guide, Matt, was awesome -- really good with the kids (led my son's horse), super friendly and funny all around. Enjoyed it so much, took my daughter back for the beautiful (!!) "Sunset Ride," for just the two of us. Lucked out and got the same guide, too! Will definitely make this a part of our yearly trip to Phx from now on...see you next spring! :)

Visited April 2012
I LOVE my job! We enjoyed your family and your son. Once he got on and realized that he could ride the horse he was fine. I don't know who the ride was more important to. You as a family or us to know that we were able to give you that experience. A win all the way around :).

The sunset ride is one of our favorite rides. I'm glad that you and your daughter had that experience also.

Thanks for sharing your family with us, we appreciate the business and appreciate you taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor.
Chicago, Illinois
“Simple safe fun ride for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

We went for the 1 hour ride, the rude itself was a nice simple ride. I wasn't expecting any hills or anything since I thought it was a simple desert ride. Right off the start we were going up and down inclines. Nothing too hard but my kids had never really been on a horse before and it was a bit scary. Our guide explained how to sit on the horse on the hills AFTER we had already been up and down a couple. There were 3 of us in our group along with another family of 4. There was a single guide who was at the lead. He stopped once to explain something but the 3 of us being at the end could not hear anything of what he said. I was not happy with how far ahead he was, if something had happened he would not have known, plus he was leading a small girl and if something had happened he would've had to leave her alone. Overall though there really wasnt cause for worrying. The horses were all very well trained and were very pleasant. They followed along single file. This ride would probably be too boring for someone who has had a bit more experience but then we only went on the 1 hour ride the longer rides might be a bit more exciting

We appreciate you taking the time to write and felt that the horses were safe and that you had a good time. We work hard to be sure that safety is our number one priorty.