“GREAT guided tour in Scottsdale!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 15 Activities in Cave Creek
Bethesda, Maryland
“GREAT guided tour in Scottsdale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My dad and I went on a 1.5 hour private tour in Scottsdale, AZ. We met our guide, Joseph, at a nearby shopping center, and went with him to the mountains, where we met our horses. It took about an hour to get the horses ready (saddle them, etc), but we had no where else to be later the day. Joseph questioned us on our riding ability and assigned horses accordingly. He made sure that we were comfortable on the horse before beginning the trail.
For the full hour and a half of riding, we visited a waterfall, went up and down mountain trails, and listened to Joseph tell us about the flora and fauna of the area.
Since I have ridden before, Joseph allowed me to lead the way and ride at my own pace.
The horses were very well trained and we felt very comfortable and safe.
The price was well worth a private tour through the mountains and we'd recommend this company to anyone that wants a fun riding experience!

Visited December 2012

Friendswood, Texas
48 attraction reviews
“Not a great experience, especially for the cost!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I really hate to write a bad review for this place, because the people and our guide was nice, but...

3 members of my family paid $450 for a one-hour horse back ride. I thought that was a ton of money, but we were really excited about not having to ride nose to tail! The area we were riding in was pretty desert landscape, so that was nice. But there were two problems:

1) Our horses just wanted to gallop randomly. They'd get to some certain spot along the trail, and just take off! It was actually pretty scary!

2) We ran into a dust storm! While the dust storm couldn't be helped of course, it was strange to me that we weren't notified or warned in any way. My husband who was hanging out in Phoenix had called me just as we started our ride (I didn't get his message until after we were done) because he'd heard about the bad storm on the news and was worried. But no one from Windwalker called our guide or notified us in any way!

Just overall a not so fun (and dangerous?) and expensive experience that could have really ended up bad...

Visited August 2012
surrey
“Best horse riding experience EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have ridden with Windwalkers and Joseph now 8 or more years on my own and with a whole bunch of horsey friends from home (UK). I cannot really put into words how great everyone of these rides out into the desert have been.
First of all Joseph is one the best guides, horseperson, general all round great guy. The horses which over the years I think I have ridden them all are superb. They are all so sure footed and extremely fit but at the same time very goey without making you feel unsafe or out of control. The scenery is second to none and there is nothing that you can ask Joseph that he hasn't got an answer for.
I could go on forever with my praise and about my great rides with Joseph forever but I will just say that if you are thinking of booking a ride please dont hesitate. Weather you are a novice or experienced you will definitely not be dissapointed.

I

Visited March 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Adventure on Horseback”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Excellent experience - Two full hours of horseback riding in the desert with two wonderful guides

Visited January 2012
Milan, Italy
“Unforgetable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Went with my extended family - 8 people - and have a terrific experience. Excellent guides with amazing horses. we had a one hour and a half tour almost at sunset in a gourgeous environment. Unforgetable outdood experience. Great professionals.

Visited December 2011