“sleepless” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and were fairly satisfied, although it wasn't perfect. The treadmill was broken in the exercise room and was left outside for repair, making the place look pretty run down. The breakfast selection was OK, but only the first day had a variety of fruits and after that there were only pears. No hard boiled eggs, only processed scrambled eggs. Make your own waffles. Good yogurt though and a nice selection of teas and herbal teas! Coffee and tea available in the lobby was nice, the staff is friendly, the location EXTREMELY convenient to plenty of dining and shopping, and seemed safe. The bed was very comfortable and large. Bathroom clean enough, good amenities like Pantene shampoo and conditioner. TV is kind of old, but reception was good and so was free wifi. Fridge and microwave in room was a very nice convenience. Housekeeping staff was polite. Overall, I would come back here whenever a discount rate is available, but not pay a LOT for this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

From check-in to check-out everything was very nice. The room was clean. The complementary breakfast was good and plentiful. The woman working in there was wonderful. Most importantly, the coffee was great. We did get knocked off the wireless a few times but overall it was fine. I will stay there again.Thumbs up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in and were informed by the desk clerk that the a/c units didn't work too well. The room they put us in had a stench coming from the a/c that smelled like urine, or something. In a very short time both my wife and I were feeling Ill from it. We asked for another room and were granted it.Why they gave us this room to begin with makes no sense. Sad to say, things got worse from here. Around midnight we were woken by very, very loud partying in the room below us. I called the desk and they said they would handle it. At 1:15 it still had not been handled. We could not sleep at all so I called again. The clerk said he talked to them, but that he would do so again. The noise kept on until somewhere around 3 am. Needless to say, we got very little sleep. The next morning, when checking out, the clerk never inquired about how our stay was, instead he complained that his replacement hadn't shown up yet and that he had been working since 10pm the night before!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tmvorhies, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Casa Grande, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments and please allow us apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. During the summer we ask guests to adjust their A/C to 73 degrees, automatic and cool for the frist time that they use the unit. We do so in order to keep the units from freezing on the first use. We are terribly sorry for the guest below your room. They were asked to keep the noise down, until they were finally asked to leave the property, We are sorry that this problem was not initially put to an end. We understand that your concerns are important and we further apologize that no one inquired about your stay. It is our job to service you at all times, whether or not a replacement has arrived. Thank you for your concerns, once more, we apologize. We hope that you can consider us in the future.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The price was very deceiving. I am accustomed to paying much more for a nice room.
The service here is top notch. The rooms are what you would expect from Best Western at three times the price. The complementary breakfast was very good. The wireless internet worked Flawlessly.
If you have to stay in Casa Grande AZ for any reason, This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We try and make sure that our amenities function flawlessly. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfest, and that you found the price fair. We want to make sure that you enjoy the value of an accomodating stay. Once more thank you very much, and please remember us for any of your future stays in our area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Tucson area for several days, and on the last day of our trip I had a business appointment in Phoenix - so we made the decision to drive up to Casa Grande for the evening. I made a reservation at the Best Western, and was initially pleased with the price (only $59). We arrived and they quickly checked us in to a non-smoking room. As soon as I opened the door to the room I could smell cigarette smoke. It was a late night and I was willing to let it go just so I could get some rest. I settled in to the bed, which had that typical cheap motel dampness in the sheets. I was having difficulty falling asleep because there was a cricket making quite a bit of noise in the room. I didn't see the cricket and I expected that I would sleep through it, so I ignored the noise. Just a few minutes later I felt and saw several large, brown crickets (or grasshoppers) leap onto the bed and on my wife beside me. She was terrified - I beat one to death with a shoe - but they were so big it was like killing a mammal. We flushed the second one down the toilet - but the chirping persisted. I began to take a closer look around the room and that is when I saw them crawling out from behind the TV cabinet. I pulled out the couch and there were at least five or six of them behind it. I saw at least two dozen, many of them living but some dead. It was obvious that they had a problem with insects and that they hadn't taken the time to vacuum up the dead one's in the room. My wife called the front desk to ask if we could have another room - and the young man working that night responded, "every room is the same". He offered us bug spray to take care of the problem. We left in a hurry - and slept soundly at the Holiday Inn down the street.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn is just a mile down the street and was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tmvorhies, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Casa Grande, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your review, we apologize for the inconvenience that you had with the crickets. Unfortunately we tend to have a cricket season that lasts for about a few weeks. We make sure to check the rooms after they are cleaned for any crickets during that season. Sometimes they still manage to enter the rooms, mostly the ones on the ground floor. furthermore, we had just painted the doors of the rooms and some doors were open for a few hours, we still try to control the problem but it was unfortunate timing. We are sorry that we could not move you to another room, sometimes we are unable to know if the crickets have entered a room or not. We apologize once more. We will try our best to better deal with this problem in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Casa Grande? Share your experiences!