“My nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   540 N Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, AZ   |
West Covina, CA
“My nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

My husband and I just got home from our nightmare in Casa Grande! Before I booked us into the Legacy Suites, I called manager, John and asked him to explain the negative reviews and tell me why I should book with them. He told me that the reviews were from other hotels in the area because they were jealous of the LS because they are new and bigger. I booked based on what he said.

Our room was way to the back so access to the front desk would be difficult. When I got in the room, I noticed that it was very sparce. No wastebasket, no radio, no place for luggage, no coffee pot, no shelf for toiletries, NOT EVEN A DOOR KNOB ON THE BATHROOM DOOR!!! And the shower! It had "brown smoogy stuff" smeared all over the tiles. The walls made noises all night long, knocking, knocking, knocking. The blinds were too small. No amenities at all.

Some of our family came to Casa Grande to meet up with us. There were many rooms available but because they only wanted one night, it was too much trouble for "housekeepping" to clean up a room. Our family went next door and for a few dollars more were treated like they were important. We were soooo jealous! We meet them the next morning and watched them eat their very nice breakfast. At the LS, you might get coffee if you waited till they got around to opening the office at 8:00!

All in all, this was the WORST place I have ever stayed in in the entire United States and Mexico. As we plan to return again to Casa Grande next year, you can bet we will be at the Comfort Inn where they really care about your comfort. Never again at this rat hole.

Staff, John, if you are reading this, I told you I was going to do it and here it is. I am only sorry I didn't use a credit card when I registered as I would cancel the transaction. You will not get another penny out of me, however. Goodbye forever, Legacy Suites of Casa Grande.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

Legacy Suites suited our needs. We were prepared with linens and cooking/eating equipment. The basics are there and just fine: comfortable bed, cable TV, high speed computer hookup, great shower, adequate kitchen. Take a bottle of antibacterial spray cleaner and paper towels to go over all the hard surfaces when you move in. We bought a small folding table and a wastebasket to use in the bathroom.

You earn your low rate by doing things you normally do not do in a motel. Advance planning for a no-service stay is a must. We appreciated having our own linens which we knew were clean and sanitary.

Perhaps when this location has higher occupancy, they will expand their maintenance staff to keep the common areas cleaner, the walkways swept or washed down.
The place was designed intelligently and efficiently, however, the vertical blinds did not cover the window completely, so we had to tape a piece of newspaper over the side.

We had contact with the front desk only when checking in and out, but don't expect warm and fuzzy.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I found fresh blood on my sheets,(The bed was made and looked clean) poop smeared on the wall in the bathroom above the toilet paper holder, holes ripped in the couch, mildew on the shower curtain, the floor in the bathroom had hair everywhere, the microwave had splats of food all in it. Nail holes all over the walls, broken cabinets, the freezer needed to be defrosted, I could not put anything in the freezer. No place to get ice, no fitness room. There was dirt and dust all over the room from a dust storm and I told the main housekeeper if she could please freshen up the room and she told me " I can give you a vacuum so you can clean it to your satisfaction." How rude was that?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

I needed an extended stay motel where I could feel secure, and not spend a fortune as I relocated from Minnesota to Arizona. I had seen the reviews for this motel, which were not all favorable, but decided to try it anyway. I called ahead and got my reservation made. I was informed of the deposit and what furnishings were in the room, and also what I would need to bring. Though small, my room was adequate and clean. I had my own sheets, dishes, pans, towels, etc. - much like a dorm at college. It worked out great. I did feel secure during my two month stay. I even was allowed to hang pictures and curtains, and got my deposit back with no hassles. When I had questions or needed maintenance work done it was prompt. I would recommend this place to friends. Biggest advice - research first and you will be prepared.

• Stayed October 2009
St. Louis Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

We paid for housekeeping and that entitles you to a once a week change of sheets, and if you are lucky maybe vacuum. They provide two sets of towels for the entire week. If you want extra it's $20.00 a wack. Now who in the hell would use the same set of towels for 3 to 4 days? They claim that you can get a coffee pot at the office and I did. It's one of those two cup jobs. They claim to have a fully equipped kitchen, quote " Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop - Dining and cooking utensils provided." Unquote - There is nothing in this room that one could eat or cook with. When I asked for a toaster at the office I was told they do not furnish them and if I wanted one I could buy it at the Salvation Army story across the street. When I asked why there were no dishes, pots, pans, or knives and forks I was told they never did provide them and their web site does not imply that. In other words I am making this up. The faucet in one of the bathrooms leaked and had next to no pressure. No pressure at the kitchen sink.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

The place has a great southwestern appeal and the plants, flowers and grounds looked great ! The pool was warm . Great bbq and seating area for a outdoor eating expereince.
Seemed like it was quiet and had security guard. We were happy that we took a" no service plan" as we can save some money by doing our own cleaning, bringing our own linens and etc. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

3rd visit. .The manager reviewed everything with us and answered all our questions. We know the rules and what to expect and because of the low price we don't expect to get all the services that the more expensive hotels in Casa Grande provide. The pool, floors, beds, bathrooms were clean. Because of the low rates we are able to use this as a home base and travel from there and stay in a hotel in other locations and return knowing we have our room waiting. Lots of parking spaces close to our room.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Legacy Suites Casa Grande? Share your experiences!