“In-town Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Carefree
Arizona
“In-town Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

During the hot summer months here in Phoenix my family and I always like to take a break (without the hassle of travelling) at one of the local resorts and this year we decided to try the Carefree Resort & Villas where we booked one of the delux villas.
The experience we had was incredible and more than we had expected. The pictures on line don't do it enough justice. The spacious villa was amazing, very comfortable and had everything you needed . Overall the resort property is great and very well taken care of. They have great amenities and they had a lot of things going on at the resort the whole weekend from dive in movies and cowboy shows to late night smores, plus they are able to accommodate any request from a round of golf to a hot air balloon ride. It was also just as easy to relax and do nothing.
I would have liked to have seen a bigger pool area or some kind of water area aimed at children/families, but there is still a nice pool area with an additional pool in the villa areas.
The food was hot and the drinks were cold and we enjoyed riding around on our own golf cart but what left the greatest impression on me was the level and quality of service from all of the employees at the resort. Check in and out was simple, friendly and efficient and throughout our stay all the employees seemed to be happy to be working there and this showed. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone that we came into contact with had a smile on their face and even passing an employee on property they all would smile and say hello.
I am a big believer in people being your greatest asset and I know there are a lot of choices for luxury resorts and places to stay here in Arizona but the Carefree Resort & Villas and it's staff stand out as one of my top choices and a resort I will be recommending to others. Thank you for such a great visit and I look forward to staying with you again.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Scottsdale, Az.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

My wife surprised me with a special getaway for my birthday! What an unexpected pleasure. Even though living in Scottsdale, the Carefree Resort is just far enough away from the city to get that real western feel and slower pace. We had a very relaxing two days . The villas are exceptional, and the service was excellent. The staff was friendly, and the food and service at the restaurant was also excellent. Their summer prices make it a nice escape for those who live in the Valley. Would do this again !.

• Liked — The Villas
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

We have had the opportunity to stay at the Carefree Resorts three times in the past couple of years. We absolutely love the area. The villas are so spacious! They are perfect for families and the fact we can bring our puppy makes this resort our Arizona favorite! We brought our cousin from Italy there so he could see "real" Arizona with all the cactus and critters native to the state. The only "critter" our Italian cousin was not fond of was the Maricopa Sheriff when he pulled him over for speeding :) Still a great trip...would recommend to anyone!!

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — no grass but that is all of arizona!!
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

Wow, what a great place to take the family! We are a family of 4, with 2 teenage children. Where do I begin, upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with a very friendly staff, who was helpful with our questions, we then checked into our villa, which was absolutely incredible, we probably could of lived there the whole summer. If you are looking for a great western feel in a hotel, this has it, right from the Saloon where you can dance, eat, and throw peanut shells on the floor, to the amazing scenery outside, as you are sitting over a firepit (s) cooking SMORE'S, then at dusk, we had a real cowboy come down playing his guitar while riding the horse down the trail, then he stopped and everyone gathered around and sang and got to feed the horse and ask questions. There was something for everyone, beautiful views, pool, saloon, we will definatley be returning to this hotel.

sv1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

I was recently in Scottsdale area and we went the the Carefree Resort and Villas for dinner.
The restaurant called the Saloon was really great. The atmosphere was wonderful and the staff was exceptionally friendly. The quesadilla was AWESOME as well as the burger! There is a huge cactus with the most beautiful surroundings. There's even a campfire outside of the restaurant and a gentleman playing guitar singing songs.(He has a really good voice too.) The property was beautiful and I can't wait to go back for my next visit to the area because I'll definitely be staying at Carefree. If your looking for a great place to experience the best of what Arizona has to offer then Carefree is a must! You won't be disappointed.

• Liked — Overall Property was amazing Staff was awesome and evertything was womderful
  • Disliked — nothing
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

When we arrived we thought we were going to have a great time. We were greated when we pulled up to the front door by very friendly bellmen. It was down hill from there. We had a room on the other side of the pool and had to watch employees standing outside our room smoking. It was also a lot of noise. When we asked if we could switch our room they never got back to us. We tried 3 times. The food in the restaurant was not very good. We ordered salmon with a brenaise sauce which was actually a hollandaise with parsley put on top. The second night we tried it again thinking that maybe the first night was just an off night but it was worse. We went to a restaurant in Cave Creek our last night there and was told that they don't have a very good record with the local health department. When we got back to our room I looked it up and sure enough htey don't. I would not recomend eating there. We will never go back there. The service there is no better than a motel6.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GMThatCares, General Manager at Carefree Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2007
As the recently named General Manager of the Carefree Resort & Villas, with very high service standards, I am personally embarassed by your comments. I have just sent an email to you in hopes of inviting you back as my guest to truly experience the type of accommodations, food and service that I expect our staff to reliably deliver on a daily basis. I apologize for the inconveniences we created for you and your family, however, appreciate your candor and encourage you to contact me personally if I can provide you with additional assistance. I hope we will be afforded the opportunity to earn your trust back.

Kind Regards,

Frank Ashmore
FAshmore@Carefree-Resort.com

Travelers are raving about these Carefree hotels

Been to Carefree Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!