“Desert Beauty” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Briarcliff Manor, New York
“Desert Beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. Every member of the staff we encountered from check in to check out was friendly, courteous and professional. The room was spotless, comfortable bed, large walk in closet with built in drawers, seperate tub and shower. The grounds are large, beautful and meticulous. The porters drive around in large golf carts, efficiently shuttling guests from place to place. The breakfast, lunch and dinners were delicious and well presented. Try the home made granola. We spent time at the spa pool which offers food/bar service. The waitress, Shea, was attentive and suggested off-site activities in the area. The golf staff is equally attentive and the course is beautiful. Lots of wildlife...we saw a bobcat on the 16th hole! Overall a very enjoyable stay at a very special place.

Room Tip: The rooms have patios or decks. Ask for one not facing the walkway for more privacy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
San Diego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Most of my experience was pleasant and I found most of the staff and amenities to be very good. I had a incident w/ the Café staff/quality at the SPA as well as a minor oversight by the staff during the check in process which somewhat diminished the overall stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Played in a golf tournament with 23 other guys last week of August. I found the courses mildly interesting, but short. Spa was excellent, but expensive. Staff were generally outstanding. My room had no view whatsoever, which was very frustrating, but the room was nice and spacious. Breakfast was generally poor and expensive. I was going to bring my family out with me, and I'm glad I didn't as the resort is not really set up for young children. Carefree is quite a trek from everywhere, which could be good for a romantic break perhaps, but meant a lot of taxi rides for us guys to find some night life.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Absolutely wonderful and luxurious experience. Staff is extremely helpful. Worth every penny. Food is top notch, and the facilities are in excellent condition. Location is prime--not too far from the airport or the city, but feels worlds away. Excellent choice for couples looking for a romantic trip.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

TheBouldersCarefree, Manager at The Boulders, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Jason S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor! We are glad to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. We hope you enjoyed our True Waldorf Service, and all we have to offer from our location in the high Sonoran Desert, to our spacious accommodations, to our world-class golf and spa.

Thank you again for sharing with TripAdvisor, and we look forward to your return.
Cave Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

First I would like to say the I enjoyed my stay at the Boulders, But first there was a gaint spider web on the cieling of are room, next the massage that I set up for my wife for her birthday wasnt that good as I requested a female and she got a male next the massage was cut short due to the size of the lockers as my wife couldnt get her purse into and last the male massager didnt give a deep tissue massage as my wife requested and for the price of 189.00 that should have been met. I will stay there again but willnt use the spa! and I guess I will check the room out first before sleeping in it as it is my money .

Jody Meetz

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had originally booked at Four Seasons Resort but change to the Boulders because of the setting. Boy was I simply impressed. For half the cost of Four Seasons it was one of the best stays I have ever had. The location of restaurants, the pool was awesome and the extreme friendliness of the stay . It is truly a luxury stay for what I feel is very inexpensive. I have stayed Chateau Lake Louise and got the Royal suite for $1500 nite and was not treated half as well as at the Boulders.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are Canadians with a Scottsdale vacation home and we play a lot of golf. The Boulders is always a favorite with us because of the friendly and helpful staff and the two excellent golf courses. Brian and Peter, your greeters, and Todd, in the golf shop, are outstanding. Terry the starter is great. This week we have guests that are flying in from Toronto for one night and they really wanted to play The Boulders. Dean, your head golf professional, made a special effort that allowed us to get them on the course on the afternoon that they are flying into town! That is a level of service that you do not see very much any more. We do appreciate your team and want to commend them for their always excellent service. Thanks, Peter and Linda Rubenovitch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Boulders, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!