Our heartfelt thanks to The Boulders, thank you for a perfectly wonderful vacation. My daughters and I enjoyed 6 days and 5 nights of peace and fun at your beautiful resort. The Boulders comes with my highest recommendation. I've been to many great resorts, surely this is among the top.
Our room was on the North side of their property, it was clean and comfy and had a great view. We walked to/from often, though whenever we requested a ride to/from the El Ped the bellman were there in a jiffy to pick us up with a friendly smile every time.
The main pool and area is beautiful, my only suggestion is that they don't allow smoking (at least on the main deck around the pool). One time, someone even was smoking while in the pool, ugh. I didn't notice anyone smoking at the Golden Door pool, it's a serene setting, perfect for a relaxing day at the pool there or inside utilizing there refreshing locker and wet room areas.
We typically ate at the El Ped, though warning that a large pizza from Brugo's starts at $26. It's good, but not $26 good. The Bakery Cafe is reasonably priced with delicious food, I highly recommend it for breakfast or lunch (they are only open until 2PM). Ben and Jerry's was a great evening capper for ice cream. We only had a carry out from the Spotted Donkey, the food was good though kind of pricey.
The walking trails at The Boulders are really nice, can get some great photos. You'll see some wildlife and the scenery is beautiful all around. It's a very safe environment.
The staff was friendly from arrival through departure, they treated us like royalty each and every time. This was our second time at The Boulders, the first time was @ 9 years ago. Both were just as satisfying and great for a quiet family vacation. Special thank you to Nancy, one of the staff at the pool who always was so courteous to us.
Tips for your stay:
1. We didn't rent a car, used that savings to stay an extra night. Didn't ever miss having one.
2. There's a Starbucks in the Albertson's at the strip mall just a 2 minute walk from the El Ped. Pick up snacks, sun screen, etc. and save yourself some $. The nice sized mini-refrigerator in the room is stocked daily with 2 bottles of water and the rest stores plenty of food/drink.
3. If you need a cash station, there's a Harris and Wells Fargo Bank between the El Ped and strip mall across the street.
4. There's a few more dining options at the strip mall in case you are looking for something other than The Boulders restaurants (very pricey) or the El Ped.
5. If you want total peace and quiet, you're better off at the Golden Door pool (18+ older only).
6. The food from the pool/bar at the main lodge is delicious, just pricey. Consider splitting a sandwich or burger (comes with fries), otherwise plan on spending about $40 with tip (not including something to drink).
7. Be prepared for the $150/day incidental fee they will charge to your credit card even if you pre-paid for your room in advance.
8. The summer rates are well worth it, there's plenty of pools to keep cool and in the shade and during the evenings we found it pleasant. The fall/spring are there busy times, higher rates as well as business groups that come in. Go in the summer if you can.
We loved our vacation at The Boulders and will return another time. The atmosphere is beautiful and it's easy for serenity to find you from the moment you arrive and stay with you until you depart.
We had our own Casita, that's a nice way to go.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.