“Amy's bolognese with polenta” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Bink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Carefree
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bloody Basin
Los Angeles
“Amy's bolognese with polenta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had a late lunch with my 3 teens and 80 year-old mother. We drove the 30 minutes from Scottsdale to eat our favorite Amy's bolognese with polenta. We think about this dish all year and can't wait to return when we come for our annual visit to AZ.

The restaurant is in a strip mall next to a pizza place and pet store. I generally don't want to eat in a strip mall but look past this because the food is good. The interior space has large windows that look out at the desert albeit across the highway. The overall feel of the space is semi-hip; high ceilings, dark wood tables, interesting art work on the walls. It is a fairly small restaurant with seating for about 40 people with a few more spots at the bar. There is an outdoor seating area as well.

I recommend making a reservation, even on weekdays.

The bolognese dish is fantastic. The meat sauce is salty and tangy and is nicely tempered by the creamy, cheesy polenta. It is a great combo. The slice of grilled bread is also excellent - and normally I would pass on the bread.

The kids really like the french fries. We get two large orders (not that big) to share. They are served with a trio of sauces; sauce verte, ketchup, and aioli.

We finish the meal with the homemade doughnuts. They, too, come with a trio of dipping sauces; chocolate, caramel and creme anglaise.

The service is very helpful and friendly.

I love this place and can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Food, Great Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you love food and care about quality, go here. We live in the area and are or have tried the majority of restaurants. This one we return to time and time again. The menu changes which is refreshing and the ingredients are understood and carefully planned. The prices are in line with the quality. You will not be disappointed.

Visited December 2012
Hollywood, Florida
“Wonderful brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Delicious food ( fresh mozzarella is one of best we have ever tried). We sat outside in patio and enjoyed a lazy brunch with good atmosphere, good service and great food

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yakima, Washington
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and daughter and I ate here the dy before Thanksgiving. We were there early so got maybe a little more attention than needed but very personal service.

It was sunset we ate outdoors and it was beautiful. The waiter talked us into fries and we were so glad he did. Three great sauces for really great fries it was a treat and a small order only $4.00. I had aside of creamy polenta that I loved and a fresh and great salad. Definitely a place I will go back to.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Thanksgiving Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We decided to try Cafe Bink for Thanksgiving. We had eaten at Binkleys but never at the Cafe. It was on the small side and the tables were rather close together but the noise level was tolerable. The assortment of food was good, if not enormous for a buffet. But what the fare lacked in variety, it more than made up in quality. The wild rice was superb, the salad over the top. The pork was succulent and the turkey was the best I had ever eaten. The dressing was pure cornbread and the gravy very tasty. The cranberry sauce was insipid and tasted like a thin syrup of cranberries. The scalloped potatoes were very good but the pureed sweet potatoes needed flavor. The pumpkin pie was too soft. I did not try the apple pie. The espresso was superb and even the accompanying biscotti was well above average. The price for this dinner was typical of this part of town and I think too expensive: 50 bucks a person. Maybe it's just me. Finally, our waiter was excellent and really knew how to serve, He is a keeper. Overall, the food was excellent with an occasional miss. We will return for a regular meal--when pre-authorized by my bank.

• Visited November 2012