Giordano's Trattoria Romana Restaurant
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Carefree
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
arizona
“yummy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were warmly welcomed into this quaint restaurant. The actual menu is better and bigger than the online menu. We started with calamari, which was tender and the sauce was yummy. The lasagna was very good and the red table wine went very well with the meal. The desserts were beautiful. I would try this place again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I were craving Italian food & we had heard of Giordano's from friends so we decided to check it out and we were definitely not disappointed. Everything was terrific! The veal was delicious, there is a great selection of wine and the service was very friendly! We would highly recommend Giordano's to anyone looking for a wonderful Italian restaurant that happens to be family owned!

Fountain Hills, AZ
“Mange Bene!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband I recently ate at Giordano's Trattoria Romana Restaurant in Carefree, Arizona. What a wonderful treat! This restaurant is family owned by the nicest Italian family, The Giordano's. Adele, the mama, is a very warm and friendly presence in the restaurant and will personally greet every table if not serve you herself. Her son, Anthony, does it all! He is the greeter, server, bus boy, and wine steward. He's the real thing and so is the restaurant. It is located in a quaint strip mall off the heart of the main drag in Carefree, an upscale neighborhood. Our first impression upon walking in was how relaxed and happy the atmosphere was. These people truly appreciated us coming to dine in their restaurant. We were seated immediately and presented with an extensive wine menu. We went with their recommendation of Chianti that was delicious! We started with appetizers of fried calamari and mussels. I've never had calamari cooked so delicately. It was fantastic. And the mussels were steamed perfectly. There's nothing better than dipping garlic bread in the sauce after the mussels are gone! My husband and I split the spinach salad which we both enjoyed. I ordered their "famous" Osso Bucco. I consider myself a gourmet cook and have made Osso Bucco at home. Mine can't compete with this mouth watering; fall off the bone piece of meat. The presentation was beautiful and if you've heard the saying "my eyes were bigger than my stomach" then you've seen this work of art. (The leftovers were just as amazing the next day for dinner and once again, I didn't have to cook!). My husband had a special request that wasn't on the menu but the items were. He requested a seafood combination in an alfredo sauce made with shrimp, mussels, and their fish of the day. They were more than happy to accommodate his wishes and he was thrilled with the meal they brought. His eyes were NOT bigger than his stomach! He ate every last bite. For dessert, we had the tiramisu. I've had tiramisu at other Italian restaurants but nothing this light and decadent. If you want a wonderful meal, set in a homey, friendly restaurant that will pamper you but let you enjoy a romantic evening, come to this extraordinary family owned restaurant. And you can enjoy the views of beautiful Carefree coming and leaving this establishment.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Vancouver, Canada
“Glad We Found This Italian Eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We're still exploring new restaurants near our Scottsdale home. Giordano's is only about 15 minutes away, so we thought we'd give it a try on a Wednesday night. The decor was quite acceptable, and our server, Kelly, was friendly and professional. The Caprese salad was served a tad cold, but otherwise it was good. Mains included Linguine Vongole with tons of clams, and the special: Salmon in Brandy Cream served with Penne and veggies was a hit. The wine list was adequate. We were happy to see that for a weeknight, there were a couple of larger groups of patrons. We liked Giordano's and while not the best Italian food we've ever eaten, the price reflected this. The only complaint? Better branding if they had a lighted sign with their name out front.

Giordano's is a nice neighbourhood restaurant. We're happy to return and to bring guests for a good, reasonably priced, family-style dining experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma, WA
“Old Folks Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Giordano's got some very good reviews, so we tried it. We were a bit concerned when we walked in at 7pm on a Saturday night and there were only 3 tables of people (all over 70). We found out why. Although the service was very friendly and good, the food was mediocre at best. But, if you like watery red sauce and overcooked pasta (what one might get in a retirement home) then you would definitely like this place. Not again....

Visited October 2012