“Tired, dirty and cutting corners.” 2 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alberta
“Tired, dirty and cutting corners.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Motel style outside stairs filthy.
Looks like people live there. An obvious resident was against the rail smoking in front of our non-smoking room when we arrived.
The room is dated and needs a good cleaning. The well worn thin sheets and towels, although laundered, had black streaks on them.
The complimentary breakfast was a joke. The coffee was undrinkable, orange tasted like Tang, only milk tasted like 1% and an english muffin like a hockey puck.
Cross the river and stay at a casino.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
bwbhcinn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bullhead City Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the person smoking outside of their room. Unfortunately we cannot stop guests from smoking in outside areas. While we do not rent to permanent tenants, at this time of year we have a few "snowbirds" who stay for several weeks during the winter. I also apologize that you were unhappy with the breakfast. Perhaps you arrived early while breakfast was still being set up? Our breakfast always includes both orange and apple juice, both whole milk and 2% milk, assorted fruit, waffles, danish, breads, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, and three kinds of cereal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
MORENO VALLEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Unfortunately, unless you stay in one of the nicer casinos across the river, this is probably the best place to stay in Bullhead city. I drove seven hours to get here and arrived at just before midnight. There was a sign on the front door that said be back in five minutes, helping guests. Ugh, I was exhausted. 20 minutes later the front desk person finally showed up. Not much of an apology, "I had to lock the pool". From his smell, I imagine he was simply walking around smoking a cigarette.

I finally got in the room about 1230. I had ordered a room that had a sofa, and I wanted to sit down, check email on my laptop, and unwind in front of the TV and Sports Center. Unfortunately, you can't watch the TV from the sofa. There's one of those huge partial room dividers that blocks the TV. I've never understood what these partial room dividers are supposed to be for, but in this case they did nothing but ruin the room. And this is the first best Western I've stayed in a long time that didn't have a flat screen TV.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
At the time of your arrival our clerk was assisting a guest at their room. I apologize for the inconvenience to you. The Queen room that you requested does have a dividing wall but if you had asked the Front Desk you could have moved to a King room which has an arm chair and ottoman but no dividing wall.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I didn't even know if this place was open. It looked deserted! The Guy at the front desk was sweating thru his shirt like a pig, the beds suck! Very hard beds! "Breakfast" is served at six thirty,I went to to get a cup of from the lobby at 6:20 and instead of the Guy saying goodmorning he barked at me that breakfast wasn't till 6:30 ! I told the Guy a goodmorning would have been nice! And then he got more cranky and started slamming his stuff around filling the cereal! What a jerk! Next lake trip I will dive up to kingman and stay at the bestwestern plus or holiday inn express! Now those two are worth the 30 min drive! I have managed a few companies in my time and I will tell you I would have fired that Guy on the spot if I seen him act like that! I would NOT recommend wasting your money here!

• Stayed August 2012
Socorro, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I admit, I'm spoiled. I have a luxurious pillow-top mattress at home which makes it hard to sleep anywhere else unless they, too, have pillow-top. This hotel has the hardest bed I think I've ever encountered. Some people like this, so if you don't mind you'll probably sleep well. I'm here for 2 nights so I'll end up going to Wal-Mart to get an egg crate topper so I can finally sleep. Other than the bed, the hotel is JUST FINE! The rooms are on the smallish size making my King bed take up most of the room, but the linens are clean and so is the bathroom. The decor is a little out-dated, but it's CLEAN and to me, that is all that matters. There is even a mini-fridge in the room. I don't eat refined foods so I can't comment on the breakfast as it's just continental. They offer in room coffee, but that too, I didn't try. The a/c works GREAT and is not too loud. It looks newer. There is a pool but I have not tried. I would stay here again but bring an egg-crate topper!

Room Tip: Call central rez and ask for the Manager's Special. This saved me $15 per night off best availab...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

A really nice Motel, the owners friendly and very helpful. Rooms were very clean and well laid out - a very enjoyable stay and at under $80 very good value. - I would happily stay there again and the continental breakfast was all you could ask for - great place to stay

Room Tip: Ask at reception for a room with good wifi and they will try to accomodate
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Gallup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Very nice clean hotel, and a great friendly staff, i know where to stay next time i am in bullhead city, you cant go wrong here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Checking into the hotel, it was clear that the guy at the front desk was not happy to be at work. The lobby was also dreary and did not look like a place I wanted to have breakfast.

The room size was small, but adequate and we had just enough towels and pillows arms whatnot. The walls however, really are paper thin, so hope for some mute neighbors.

One bed had dirt on the sheets and the front desk clerk didn't seem to care much when he was informed of this.

One final note, I understand that Bullhead City is not exactly a family destination, but this place just seemed very sketchy, from the dismal neighborhood, leery and noisy neighbors and overall unwelcoming atmosphere, I wouldnt recommend anyone staying here. We didn't come for the casinos, but I wish we'd stayed at one.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Bullhead City Inn? Share your experiences!