“Not much to look at” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
kingman, az
“Not much to look at”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

It's true. The place is on a grungy side & the marinara sauce was on a runny side, but the pizza & garlic bread were very good. We had the combination pizza. Crispy thin crust, good flavor on the sausage & not greasy. We asked for anchovies $1.25 extra, no problem, just not enough of it on the pizza. Friends had theirs all you can eat combination spaghetti & lasagna plus soup & salad. Minestrone soup was thin & watery, salad was nothing fancy. None of the pasta came with meat but one of my friend like it that way. I looked at their plates & the marinara sauce was runny. Wouldn't go there for pasta but maybe go back for the pizza. If you are living in Bullhead & close to the restaurant, I would do a take out on the pizza. Then you wouldn't have to look at those dusty fake flowers & broken down chandeliers.

Fort Mohave, AZ
“Yuk!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stay away! Owner walks around with no hair net on his beard and I personally witnessed him dropping 3 - 4 links of sausage into the tomato sauce near the register. He then proceeded to wipe his hands on his apron and finished checking us out on the register. Had to clean my credit card afterwards. Does the health board even inspect this guy? I think NOT! he must be paying them under the table.

Visited March 2012
Bullhead City, Arizona
“Horrible-Just back away from the parking lot and go somewhere else.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I were looking for authentic Italian cuisine. NOT HERE!!! The food took forever to arrive at our table. The decor is terrible and not appitizing at all. dusty artificial flowers, lighting that a lightening bug could provide, and very aweful looking booth. Food finally arrived and was a let down. The marinara sauce was runny and tasted like pure garlic. We live in the area and will definately not dine there EVER AGAIN!! Go to Laughlin across the River for Italian.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Hurrah!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Great REAL itallian food. HOME MADE!! Try the steak with peppers and onions! The best!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, TX
“Authentic and affordable Italian food in a pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Great southern Italian food. As the sign on each table states, all food is made fresh when ordered. Complimentary all-you-want fresh bread with marinara sauce was served before the meal. There were traces of fresh minced garlic on both the bread and in the sauce. The sauce was surprisingly thick for marinara, not runny at all, and full of flavor. The bread was freshly toasted and crispy. I think they use margarine instead of real butter, but it was hard for me to tell, and I usually will not eat margarine.

Since we are Catholics and we stopped by on a Friday during Lent, we had to stick with non-meat choices. My daughter ordered the fettuccine alfredo, but with shell pasta. My husband ordered the seafood fettuccine alfredo, which included shrimp and clams. I got the cheese ravioli with marinara sauce, and my boys split a medium cheese pasta. All entrees except the pizza came with soup or salad. My daughter chose the minestrone, which was thick and flavorful, and contained orzo (rice-shaped pasta). I usually don't like minestrone, but this was good. The blue cheese for our salads was clearly homemade, and was a delight. I'm a bit of a blue cheese/gorgonzola dressing snob, and this rivals some of the best blue cheese I've had at some of the top steak houses in the country. You can really tell that it's fresh. Everyone loved their food. My husband said the seafood tasted fresh. The pasta was obviously boiled to order, not rubbery at all. The ravioli cheese filling was moist and delicious, not dried out like you usually find at Olive Garden, etc. The pizza was generously sized and smothered in cheese and the crust was clearly hand-tossed and crispy, with more of a pleasantly doughy taste than many I've had in America.

I sampled everyone's food buy my husbands (since I don't like seafood). This was the closest I'd gotten to real Italian food in years. (I'm no expert in authentic Italian food, but I did spend a semester in Rome back in the day.) The owner does all the cooking, and he is half Italian. His father, from Italy, ran the restaurant for 50 years, and they still use his recipes. Their desserts are not made on-site, but he does make the filling for the cannolli himself (not the shell). We ordered the cannolli, and all loved it. You can tell he fills it when you order, as the shell was nice and crisp, room temperature, while the filling was cool and creamy. Delicioso!

The atmosphere is very pleasant, with a small-town feel to it. Lots of fake greenery, pictures of famous Italian-Americans, and Frank Sinatra music playing. We really enjoyed our lunch at Colianno's, and look forward to eating there next time we're driving through.

• Visited March 2011