“Fantastic, real NY Style Pizza..a road traveler's paradise” 4 of 5 stars

(623) 374-9492
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fantastic, real NY Style Pizza..a road traveler's paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

First, the restaurant is no longer called CU's. It was taken over by a protoge in the establishment and is now call Beni's Pizza. Locals know this place, love it, and come back and back. It is a "best kept secret" where your can get extradinary New York Style pizza...really...and at a very cheap price. $1.80 per slice. It has a nice little outdoor place to eat and the locals are very friendly.

I was told that the place uses the exact ingredients of a major pizza place in Manhattan. My friend demanded that I go there...and I am glad I did. I had a slice of meatball an a sclice of onion and mushroom. The mushrooms are canned...unreal...and it still workes. The sliced meatball pizza was so good that I ordered a second slice.

It is a great place to pull off of I-17 north of Phoenix. If you are on your way north or south, are hungry, and want to stop and get something truly unique and special, it is just minutes off the Highway.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere