“Our Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Triplett, Missouri
“Our Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent June 10th here, we had an awesome visit. Smita, the owner and manager, she was awesome. We had a very relaxing stay here. She gave us excellent suggestions on retiring in Bisbee. The restaurant has excellent food as well. Our server, Brittiney was an excellent server. I had the fish and sweet potato fries, they were very good. My husband had the tostados and really liked them. We would recommend San Jose to everyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I are here in Saturday the 7th of June. The food was great. I had the Enchiladas my with had the super chief salad. My meal was great. My wife says her's was delicious!

THE WAITRESS, BRITINAY, was exceptional! She was very friendly and fast. She kept up on our order and gave use refills. We hope she stays. She mentioned that she was a 6th generation resident of Bisbee. She had great information of the area, She is a keeper!

Room Tip: Great food and service.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bisbee, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great hotel and even better restaurant. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. HUGE menu selection with American, Mexican, and Indian food. Terrific service; Barbara was so pleasant on Easter morning. Nothing else open for sit down breakfast on this holiday within 30 miles - loved it and will be back for lunch and dinner soon. Also a bar next door if you're looking for happy hour. It's unfortunate that tourists want to just experience the Old Bisbee area - and they are missing out. Naco, although right on the border of Mexico, is entirely safe and the views of the mountains are spectacular. Do yourself a favor if you're in the area and venture out this way. Price, service, and fresh food quality can't be beat. It's the new favorite for the locals in Southern Arizona!

Room Tip: Have not stayed here because we're local but would recommend to family and friends that come for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SanJoseLodge, Manager at San Jose Lodge, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for reviewing San Jose Restaurant and Lounge. We value your feedback. We are so glad that your experience with the service and food was great and look forward to seeing you and your family / friends soon. Once again thank you
Management
San Jose Restaurant and Lounge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a quaint lodge, with an excellent restaurant on site. It is off the beaten path, away from road traffic noise. Just outside of Bisbee, it was a true gem. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. unlike other places, it had 'quiet hours' posted. The restaurant was a delightful place for breakfast. The food was home made, and served hot. Very filling. No need to stop for a mid day snack or lunch. I don;t understand the negative reviews that have been posted in the past. This was definitely a wonderful, clean , quiet lodge.

Room Tip: There was parking right outside the rooms. The laundry and ice machine were located in another area
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We arrived and the front desk was very pleasant and answered all our questions. Our pet was welcome and we settled in. the room is clean, roomy and modern. The restaurant was very good and we would have tried Indian however they had meatloaf with home made fries. Excellent!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked a stay for two nights but we left after the first night. 1) The wi-fi didn't work -- it dropped the connection every few minutes 2) the pillows smelled like Tidy-Bowl and 3) I got bitten by fleas. (I know it wasn't from the hotel where we stayed the night before or the night after because both of those hotels had a "no pets" policy.)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SanJoseLodge, Front Office Manager at San Jose Lodge, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with San Jose Lodge. We are sorry that your stay was not what you expected. We do inspected our rooms daily. According to our records you did not want housekeeping service and you were going to stop by at the office to pickup towels. Also you checked out early as you had some family business to take care of that is why you checked out early. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenence and hope that you will give us another chance.
Regards
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

For the price I paid I did not expect a great experience, but I didn't expect the seediness of this place either. When I drove up to my room, the three guys in the next room were grilling steaks on a grill they had set up next to their truck. This was apparently OK with the management. They continued to sit outdoors and drink beers most of the night then fired up the truck and let it idle for about 20 min. At 4:30 AM. When I got back to the room on the second day, there was a guy just outside my room screaming at someone over the phone and every other word began with the letter f, if you catch my drift.

I told the cleaning lady I didn't need her to clean but I would like an extra towel and the trash to be emptied. that never happened. There is a disgusting moldy smell around the sink. And the advertising doesn't tell you that there is a large parking lot for RVs out back where people live, as in full time not transient . It looks really run down and a little scary.

On the positive side, they were very accommodating about my dog ($10 extra per day) and except for the smelly sink, the place was reasonably clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing your stay with our property. We are sorry that your experience was not pleasant with us. We inspect our rooms daily and we clean all our rooms with 10% bleach to disinfect from previous guest stay. We also wash blankets bed spreed pillows when guest checks out. We hope that you will stay with us in near future.
Regards

Been to San Jose Lodge? Share your experiences!