“Fun time in Bisbee” 5 of 5 stars

Hilo, Hawaii
5 attraction reviews
“Fun time in Bisbee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Took the tour with our two kids, age 8 & 12. Lots of fun to dress up and take the train into the tour. Was a little hard to keep my 8 year olds attention but we made it. Went on a Saturday and tour sold out. Lucky we had reservations. Good to call ahead if you want to get in. Bisbee is a great town to walk around. No chain stores or restaurants but many food choices and shops.

Visited October 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Great little tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Really interesting and informative tour. The docents at this "museum" are former miners, they really know their stuff, and have all sorts of anecdotal information to pass on. Fascinating. I do forewarn you however, this is an actual mine therefore it is close, dark and smells like a multivitamin (think minerals.) There is rumor that they may be discontinuing this tour. Which would be just criminal. Let's hope it stays open.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Fun and Educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had been before many years ago, but still learned a tremendous amount about mining. The volunteers who work the tour, worked in the mine and provide first hand knowledge of what it was like to work there.

Birmingham, AL
3 attraction reviews
“This was a lot of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I did not know anything about mining and I still don't know a lot but it was interesting to go to the old towns like Bisbee and Tombstone and see the places that mined all the gold and the silver in the old days. The Mine Tour in Bisbee is great, I can't think of anything like it that I have done before. There is a mining museum in Bisbee, it's a separate deal, that's also very good to see.

Visited August 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our family's trip to Bisbee! Do it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a great tour for families with kids 7 and up. I say that because I can't imagine taking a younger child. Although the information is interesting and informative it was almost too much for our 7 year old son.
The kids loved getting dressed up "like a miner". The whole experience gave a great feel for what life was like for the miners. Especially since the tour guides are former miners. We loved hearing some of his personal experiences.
It was nice and cool down there so glad I'm glad I had a sweater on.
Make sure you make reservations, especially on a weekend. Also it says on the website that the first tour is at 9 but it isn't until 10:30AM. Get there 30 mins before your tour to get checked in and pay for your tickets.
If you go to Bisbee this should be on top of your list!

Visited September 2013

Been to Copper Queen Mine? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Copper Queen Mine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.