“Wonderful Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Letson Loft Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Letson Loft Hotel
26 Main St, Bisbee, AZ 85603   |
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Bisbee
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We did a lot of online research before we picked the Letson. Some of the others had really mixed reviews. We loved the ambience, Victorian, high ceilings, a good feel for the age of the building, but the accomodations were plush. Our room had a great bay window over Main St, so we could easily see the July 4th coaster races, and we never had to use the car all week-end. We love bed and breakfasts, and this one didn't disappoint. Jami was a great hostess, and gave us great restaurant recommendations. There is a computer niche for guests, as well as a guest lounge with a working kitchen and magazines and games. I did miss the communal breakfast and it is strictly continental-just fruit, pastries, coffe and juice-but that was the only thing that kept it from getting 5 stars for me. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Living in Tucson, Bisbee is a quick getaway. This was our second stay at Letson and was so nice. We got a smaller room than last time, and we should have sprung for a larger room, but that was our fault for coming last minute, i.e. made a reservation in the morning. The hotel has been beautifully restored and is pristine. I tend to stay away from historic places because you just can't escape the musty smells. Not so at Letson Lofts. The continental breakfast was perfect, just enough to get you on the road with coffee, fruit and a coffee cake. I've always gotten a room in back and it is really quiet and it doesn't seem noisy in the hotel at all. Except for a couple of doors closing, I wouldn't have known anyone else was there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed in one of the front rooms at the Inn. It was really very nice, and not nearly as noisy as we were expecting. The breakfast was nothing special..some fruit, a muffin or something similar, and the Innkeeper was also nice, but again, nothing exceptional, especially after reading previous reviews.
On the whole it was a good stay, and we would stay there again.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Beautiful room in a well run inn. The location is perfect for walking around old Bisbee. Check in was very easy and personal. We stayed in room 5, a king bed. The room reminded me of a B&B we stayed at in wine country. Nice linens, plush robes and very quiet. Large skylight made the room bright and cheery. A full kitchen is available to guests to use. Plan to go back sometime with friends. Coffee and light fare is available in the lobby in the morning. We felt so comfortable we just threw on the robes, padded down the hall, helped ourselves to coffee and took it back to our room. Make a dinner reservation across the street at the Cafe Roca...you won't be sorry.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Traveled with a car group and was able to book 4 of the rooms for some of our members. The property is beautiful and in a great location. The staff was so accommodating and made this event perfect. The lounge was a great place for us to set out refreshments and light snacks for our group. Of course, all bedding and bath linens were exactly as I expected - incredible. All the rooms were spacious and I thoroughly enjoyed my front window nook to sit in a cozy chair and watch the action on Main Street below. Near great restaurants and walking distance of any of the downtown activities. They anticipate every need, right down to the earplugs for the lighter sleepers. I loved being in the middle of the action and heart of Old Town Bisbee. I would love to stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should choose a back room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We were very pleased that we stayed at the Letson Lofts during our recent one-night adventure in Bisbee. My teenage daughter announced in the morning, "I feel like I just slept on a cloud!" Indeed, the linens were incredibly soft and luxurious. The parking situation behind the hotel was a little dicey, mainly because we arrived late and most of the spots were already taken. Service was excellent, breakfast was tasty, and the room itself was very quaint/comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Lubbock, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I am sorely disappointed in the service of this hotel. I had been wanting to stay at the Letson Loft Hotel because of the great reviews and photos. I booked a room for myself and my partner who was flying in to help me move. We had planned on staying at the Letson overnight and then driving to Texas the next day. I picked him up at the airport in Tucson and on the way back had a flat tire. We did not get in to Bisbee until around 8pm, which turned out to be 2 hours after checking (3-6pm?) We parked around back and had to lug our suitcases quite a way around to get to the front door, which was locked. I called the number given for the hotel and had to leave a message letting them know that we were standing out front. I received a call back shortly from a very curt inn keeper telling me that it was 2 hours past checkin and that she was not on premises, nor would she come and check us in. I apologized several times for being late and asked if she was going to charge us for the room - and if so, to please come let us in so that we could stay the night. she told me that she would not come to the hotel to check us in that that "she guessed she would let it go" - meaning the room charge - for the night.

We had to lug our suitcases back to the car and wound up staying at the Bisbee Grand Hotel which turned out to have a very friendly staff who was willing to accomodate us on short notice with a beautiful room.

I am very disappointed in the way I was treated over the phone. I understand that we were there past the scheduled checkin time, but to be rude to us? To top it off, I received a message on my phone from the owner of the hotel telling me that I need to return his call so that he could "decide what to do" with us since we were a "no show". ?????

Since it is so late tonight, I will return the call tomorrow and then report back as to how I was treated by the owner. It is very disappointing to have this kind of service.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Letson Loft Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
In over 5 years of operation and thousands of guests, the Letson Loft Hotel has become known for not only its comfort and attention to detail, but for our down-home hospitality, friendliness and customer service. Please review the other 70 reports made to Tripadvisor, rating our property as excellent in all aspects, and you will get an accuate understanding of what the Letson is all about. Unfortunately, this report is not an accurate portrayal of the events that unfolded, and all we can do is remain gracious and wish her well in her future travels.......

Been to Letson Loft Hotel? Share your experiences!