“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Bisbee, Arizona
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I save Cafe Roka for special occasions, not that you have to. I ate here most recently for my 50th birthday and I really enjoyed the food, my companions and the restaurant staff. It was wonderful. We ate, drank and celebrated for hours and the waitress never got that look in her eye that said "would they just leave, please..." In fact, we stayed until closing without even realizing it! I've never had a bad meal here - the menu changes from time to time, so you never know what will be available but I can easily recommend the lasagna, sea bass and lamb to name a few entrees. Every appetizer I have had here is wonderful too! Their hours change depending on season so give them a call before you come to town, make sure that they're open and also to make your reservations!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“Not designed for family but accommodating to us anyway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Although the dinners started with a soup, lentil and black bean, that was ok, the salad was delicious (for a non-salad lover, that's a lot to say) .
I went for the special, a beef dish which I ordered rare ( perfect) and I was pleasantly surprised. Every sauce was tasty and the portion was huge. I was offered a to go box and I took it. I was pleasantly satisfied. My 8 year old grandson enjoyed himself and rated the need as a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale!
I highly recommend this eatery while in Bisbee. Good place to eat!

fmiller100, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Hmmm We don't have a children's menu, that's true, but asking for something for children is always an option. We often make spaghetti or pizza for kids. And we provide booster chairs and high chairs and materials to keep kids occupied. We're glad you liked our restaurant and your grandson was most enthusiastic giving us a 10!
“Best Dinner in Bisbee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

After a day of touring the mine museum, exploring the mine and walking Bisbee's ghost tour we were delighted with our dinner here. Our reservation for 8:30 was the latest one they would accept and we were the last table in the restaurant. But there was no undercurrent of resentment for keeping them there - it was a Saturday anyway, and we didn't think that was very late...

The waiter was sincere on his likes as far as the menu - which was very straightforward and economical. The Sazerac I ordered came with a small absinthe accompaniment and the gf loved the sauv blanc choice recommended by the server. The dinner option with the salad, soup, and sorbet mid-course was wonderful - the soup was a chickpea that was nice after it had been raining all afternoon and we weren't too full before our entrees came. We needed the room too, because the entrees are very generous portions. Prior to their arrival, the server was happy to deliver 3 different reds to taste which made the experience- I ended up choosing a red blend from local Cochise.

I'd recommend this for anyone who likes New American cuisine and warm, sincere table-side service. The giant mosquito sculpture they have on the wall was the only thing I found questionable, but not enough to change my great memory of dinner there.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bisbee's best dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This would be a great restaurant if it were in Napa. Chef/proprietor Rod Kass ' well conceived menu offers fresh cuisine lovingly prepared in convivial setting. Great food, service and people watching in a gorgeous historic building. Plan to be in Bisbee on one of the nights they are open (usually Wed. - Sat.) and reserve in advance. Eat at the bar for a bird's-eye view of all the action!

Visited May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“A truly gourmet meal with excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Café Roka is a busy, bustling small restaurant with a superb wait staff, excellent wine/liquor menu and fabulous food. This is truly an unusual find in such a small town. It is reason enough to make the trip to Bisbee.

Visited July 2014