“Great atmosphere, but only "good" food.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 restaurants in Bisbee
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Italian, Eclectic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great atmosphere, but only "good" food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Atmosphere was great. Service was a little slow to start but was good overall, and the food was good...but not great.

Visited March 2013
caferoka, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hmmm What is the difference between good food and great food? Often it is price. We try to serve the consistently best food we can for what we think are modest prices. The only way to know whether a restaurant is consistent with their food is to go more than once on different nights. Then you can make a legitimate comparison. I think that many diners, including me, have had a wonder meal one time and a ho-hum meal another time at the same restaurant. We're glad you came to us and hope you return and see what you think the second time. (Hmmm I think maybe I'm being a bit too prickly about this review.)

93% Recommend
“Easily The Best In Bisbee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great place, with truly outstanding food. Frankly Bisbee's not overflowing with good restaurants, it's just too small. However, you won't be disappointed in Cafe Roka. The real attractions are the vegetables. You can certainly tell they serve whatever is freshest, rather than sticking to static menu items.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
caferoka, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thanks for your review. We strive to be the best rural restaurant in Arizona let alone Bisbee. Hope you return.
Kelowna, Canada
“Still talking About Cafe Roka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were visiting Bisbee over 6 weeks ago and found this little gem. My husband and I are still telling our friends about how wonderful this place is. The food was prepared to perfection, I had the sea bass and lobster raviola, OMG it was soo good, and my husband said his pasta was the best he has tasted in over 20 years. The service was excellent as well. We were so happy we went there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
caferoka, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
And then, referring to the review below, there are guests who find the bass/ravioli/shrimp wonderful. Perhaps we had an off night on the previous review. Thanks for your review. Hope you make back here from Canada. (Don't forget Bisbee has sunshine in January and February unlike ahem, some parts of Canada and the US)
“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went based on lots of great recommendations. The starters were great. Excellent clams. Good salad soup and sorbet. Main dish hit or miss. My husband got the roast duck and it was fantastic. I got the special sea bass. I hated it. It was grilled and served with two shrimp on a bed of three lobster ravioli. The ravioli seemed identical to some frozen lobster ravioli I recently bought at SAMs club. Yucky fishy flavor. Came with a teriyaki sauce and some other sauce in bowls. Neigh their of which seemed to compliment the meal. Very disappointing. Creme brûlée was great do at least dinner finished up ok.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
caferoka, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We're sorry you didn't enjoy your dinner. As we mention frequently when you find our food not to your liking, please tell your server so we can do something about it. Any good restaurant will tell you the same. We can't do anything about something we know nothing about. We don't like unhappy customers; you don't come return. Other than your dinner, it seems as if everything else was quite good. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. I hope you'll give us another chance.
Gilbert, Arizona
“The best meal I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My two girlfriends and I went to Bisbee for a girls' weekend. One girlfriend had not been apart from her daughter overnight ever (and she is 5 years old). She was nervous about leaving her, and the weekend. But the moment we stepped into the restaurant and was seated at our table, her anxiety evaporated. Our wonderful server was so attentive and humorous, and gave us a free appetizer for this special occasion (for us, anyway!). When the check came, we couldn't believe it wasn't more. The food was melt in your mouth delicious, the wine superb, and a very special memory was made. I can't wait to take my family there later in April.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
caferoka, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Whew! A diligent, probably overworked mom, really needed a night out. What good friends you are to remind her that's it's good occasionally to get away. Thank you for coming to us and for your review.