“Unusual” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Calumet and Arizona Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Calumet and Arizona Guest House
You added Calumet and Arizona Guest House to your Saves list
608 Powell Street, Bisbee, AZ 85603   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Bisbee B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Unusual”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My sweetie liked this B & B but I was not as enthralled. We had the room on the second floor at the back with a king size bed and enjoyed having a wood burning stove to keep us warm through the night. The staff were lovely women. Although interesting the mansion was not, to me, aesthetically inviting. I found the antiques, artificial flowers, plates, dolls and other assorted collectibles a bit much. I would sell a few of the many silver coffee and tea servers on display and purchase a nice flat screen TV with some good cable channels to replace the one small, old TV in the public front room.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I appreciate your comments and taking the time to respond. I have the silver tea pots since I sometimes do high teas. The only two dolls that are to be out are my first doll and one I got when I was a flower girl in a wedding. Both are Madame Alexander dolls. One of my ladies has been putting more things out without my knowledge. It is funny but I went through and had cleared out some things that were added right after you were here. I thought that it was getting cluttered too. Good suggestion on the TV. I do have cable and have many channels. Since very few people watch TV I can't see adding the premium channels. I will look into getting a new flat screen TV. Thank you for the prompting. Joy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Benson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our red hat group went to the Calumet House B&B for lunch, this is a lovely 110 year old home, not a place to walk into too casual. You want to dress up and feel elegant in this lovely home. Our lunch was wonderful, lentil soup, salad, lots of finger sandwiches and a lovely chocolate cake for dessert. This is my second time and won't be the last....next time I'll stay in one of the beautifully decorated rooms...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
It is fun to do lunches for such nice groups as yours. As I say, I feel as if I'm playing house. Our weather is really nice right now even though it is so warm in Tucson. I hope to have you as a guest before your planned visit. Joy
ARIZONA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this lovely B and B 4 times now. Each visit has made us smile; honestly feeling loved as we were leaving..All of our the breakfasts were wonderful and the service staff has been so kind. We feel like we are visiting a family member who makes us feel so special and has pre-thought about everything necessary to make us feel at home!
They are dog friendly, and even offered to watch our well behaved miniature poodle while we went out for dinner. Joy, the owner, is well dialed in to the community,always there to make reservations for us when ever we ask for information. How easy she makes our trip!!! Her home is historic, with lovely family antiques. She decorates her long friendly dining room table to honor the holiday of the month...We arrived toward the end of February; just in time to enjoy valentines month in red and white lace... and as we left she was changing the decor to green and white lace decor for St Patricks Day!!! The array of her grandmother's one of a kind English bone china teacups matched the holidays as well! Lovely period pieces...

Room Tip: Ask the owner, tell her all of your needs!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Welcome to the family. I'm glad that you felt welcome and comfortable with us. Come again. Joy
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rooms are furnished with beautiful antique furniture's, beds are very comfortable.
My dog there was treated like the guest. I'm truly surprised that owner was not afraid to have pets close to such precious pieces.
The only drawback is location, about 3miles from Bisbee downtown,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks. We enjoy our guests, even the four legged ones. You should be thanked for making my hobby most enjoyable. My staff work hard to keep everything up. I hope that you will stay with us again or stop by if you are in the neighborhood to visit. Joy
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This B & B was charming and the gardens were gorgeous. The bed was perfect! However the doors don't lock from the outside only from the inside and the locks kept falling off. We had the jacuzzi room ( needs curtains as people can look in !! ) and takes at least 2-3 hours to warm up to just warm.
We were excited to have a made to order Breakfast yet the eggs benedict were cold and the hollandaise was not recognizable. The next day I tried the Quiche- again luke warm.
I would highly recommend the surroundings but not the breakfast. And there was cheap toilet paper instead of kleenex ( an actual roll of TP) that was rough for the face and nose! Not impressive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
The spa controller had been struck by lightening. I had replaced the motor but didn't know about the heater. I am still trying to get it fixed. Soon I hope. I'lm surprised about the breakfast being warm since we cook it, put it on warm plates and take it out directly. I appreciate things being brought to my attention so that I can fix them. I didn't know about the spa being warm until I read the review. We try but can't solve problems unless we know about them. Joy
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I had a great time at this B & B. It was our first time in Bisbee. We were there for his Birthday which turned out to be Pirate weekend. It was his first experience at B & B. The breakfast was amazing!! cooked to ordered. Joy was very helpful and pleasant so are all the staffs. We met some great people (other guests) and had nice conversations at breakfast both Sat and Sun morning.. I purchased this from Living Social and stayed in the Beigh room which was nice, big and had our own bathroom. We had a great experience. Our friends didn't stay at this location but I got to visit their place and we made the right choice. We would come back to this place again if ever in Bisbee. It was not too far from town plus we also did farmers market one morning which was near by.

Room Tip: Great place for couples!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

we bought a buy one night get another night free from Living Social. cost 120.00. We called and made reservations. When we got there we realized we got the CHEAPEST room with shared bathroom. looking up the website. the particular room we got was called Peach Room costing 80.00. DO NOT BUY LIVING SOCIAL COUPON FOR CALUMET AND ARIZONA GUEST HOUSE.

Room Tip: Do NOT Stay There!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
This reservation was done through a third party. I had told the person on the phone that the peach room was the only room that was available on the date they wanted. They were told that it had a shared bath and that there was someone in the room next door on the one night but that I wouldn't book it for the second night. I suggested that they look at our website to see the rooms and that they might want to select a different date. I don't know if this information was given to them through the third party. They did not have my most inexpensive room since it was occupied. I'm sorry that they didn't get all of the information.

Been to Calumet and Arizona Guest House? Share your experiences!