“So glad we chose School House Inn” 5 of 5 stars

School House Inn Bed & Breakfast
818 Tombstone Canyon Rd., Box 32, Bisbee, AZ 85603   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Bisbee B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona
“So glad we chose School House Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

As far as we are concerned, there is no better place to stay in Bisbee than the School House Inn. It's located close (about a mile) to the Bisbee historic district shopping, restaurants and attractions, yet far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet, which is exactly what we were looking for. This was our first experience staying at a bed & breakfast and we definitely chose wisely. Whenever we go to Bisbee again, we won't stay anywhere else. We felt right at home from the minute we walked in the door. The rooms are very nicely decorated and quite comfortable and the breakfasts are yummy. The owners, John & Paula, are wonderful hosts. We highly recommend the School House Inn.

• Liked — Comfortable and Friendly
  • Disliked — Bathroom sink a little low
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
bootheel nm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

You just dont get any better than the school house b&b in Bisbee,
Az. Paula and John are the most friendly people you would ever want to meet. The rooms are large, clean and bright, all with a school house theme. We stayed in the Music room and what a
delight. Jofh has a superior knowledge of the area and dosen't
hesitate to answer your questions.B reakfast is a total delight that includes a lavish gourmet treat, which by the way is different every morning. Don't miss a rare treat by not staying here on your visit to this area.

• Liked — school house theme
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

My family is from Wisconsin and we came down to Arizona to visit my aunt and uncle. When I heard that we were going to stay at an inn I thought ohh no I'm not gonna like this. I would rather stay at a hotel where there's a pool and everything. But at the end of our journey at the School House Inn I was wrong. Staying at the School House Inn was amazing. My family stayed in the arithmatic room and my aunt and uncle stayed in the music room. All the rooms were really cool how each was designed for each subject in school. The owners of this place are great people, they were both friendly and welcoming. Not to mention their cooking, everyone in my family said they loved the breakfast! It was very healthy and delicious. We all had a great time and wouldn't mind coming back. Thank you Paula and John for the wonderful experience.

The Spiegel Family

• Liked — great people and the rooms and not to mention the food
  • Disliked — nothing everything was great!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

We had a wonderful night at the School House. From the moment we entered, to our morning departure we were impressed with the details and charm of this revised old school. We stayed in the History room, which slept three and had it's own seating area and bathroom. We met several other guests who shared their rooms with us, which were also decorated to a classroom theme. Great place to stay, and highly recommended.

• Liked — Great sized rooms with fabulous themes
  • Disliked — breakfast mugs verses evening mugs
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

My husband and I went to Bisbee to celebrate my birthday and we had reservations at another b & b in town. That place took my deposit two months in advance and then gave the accomodations to someone else an hour before we arrived! They then put us up in a dirty and inferrior accomodation and refuse to reimburse my deposit! The School House Inn SAVED THE DAY! The place was adorable and very clean. John and his partner were so kind and helpful, it really changed the experience for me. The breakfast was fantastic and very filling. The night we stayed there was quiet so we could sleep and there was plenty of hot water for showers in the impeccable and adorable bathroom. I would absolutely stay here again, it was so comfortable and charming!

• Liked — cute, spacious and clean
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

We stayed at The School House Inn for one night , in Bisbee, Arizona and had a fantastic experience. The proprietors, Paula and John, were exceptional hosts and we would gladly have stayed more nights if we had the time. Their breakfast was extra special and included cinnamon pancakes with bluberries. Way to go Paula and John.

Howard and Loree Baumgart

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

First question, Why Bisbee? Answer: Hadn't been there; historical site, curious and combining it after a stop in Tombstone (22 miles). The saving grace for Bisbee, as opposed to crossroad sites such as Prescott and Sedona, is that Bisbee is somewhat isolated, which in turn allows it to keep its charm. And speaking of charm, you shall not go wrong if you choose the School House Inn as your site to bed down. Owners and hosts, John and Paul are first class proprietors and down to earth, basic and kind people who know what the word "hospitality" means as evidenced in the way they treat their guests. This was our first B & B experience and we chose the slower time and less hot season in October to venture to this area. The internet's description and photos caught my curiosity and as opposed to some which end up surprising or disappointing you, that was not the case with the School House Inn. It was like taking some "home" with us on the road. This is not a glitz place, nor for the antsy "cell phone types," or for those who need the hot tub, etc. No phones or TVs in the rooms - fine with me. I have travelled this old world, stayed in my share of accomodations, seen many a grumpy, rude or indifferent desk clerk, but you will not find those types at the School House. This is a very special place and will always be high up on my favorites list. It's unique, fairly priced, in a priceless and tranquil setting. And owners/desk people/cooks, etc., John and Paula are right there to help make you extra comfortable and engage you in some good old conversation. Questions is: Do you have time for "conversation," or even remember how to? So how can you lose with great hospitality, your own unique, individual room and theme (mine was the Georgraphy Room - wall maps included) a good breakfast and an old oak tree to sit next to in the patio while you sip on your favorite beverage. Go on, slow down on Highway 80, pull into the School House Inn, enroll and enjoy school again, or at least the make believe setting and without having to take a test! Ole and congratulations to John and Paula!
P.S. It was almost like being in grade school again, but without Sister Brenda racking my knuckles with her ruler and dragging me to the principal's office (my humor, folks - but true story).
Chris
San Diego

Stayed October 2007

Been to School House Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!