“Good night in the Bird Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Bisbee Grand Hotel
You added Bisbee Grand Hotel to your Saves list
61 Main Street, Bisbee, AZ 85603   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Green Valley, Arizona
“Good night in the Bird Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent one night at the Grand in the Bird Room. I asked for a room as far away from the Saloon as possible and it was very quiet and comfortable. You need to know when you stay in a vintage hotel that it is not going to be like a typical "hotel" you find off the Interstate! The owners have obviously taken great care to keep the Grand authentic, but have also tried to move it into the 21st Century. I found my room absolutely charming. Christin, the manager, had brewed coffee right outside the rooms in the morning. And, yes, you do check in at the bar. Sean was most helpful, carried my enormous bag up the stairs to my room. Breakfast was included and was just fine. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, ham and toast. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks to all of you at the Grand!

Room Tip: Bird Room was very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was initially very please to find a room on short notice for work, and the staff was polite and friendly on my arrival. The staff arranged for me to have the hacienda suite. I however agree with other negative reviews that the bar noise can be off putting and it kept me up for some time. After I did fall asleep, I was awoken by another guest yelling/singing around 1am. I was already displeased with mattress quality and noise but this was over the top. I attempted to contact the hotel and got the voice mailbox overnight. I am disappointed with how the hotel has responded to past guest complaints and will follow through with management in the morning and update accordingly.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Bisbee Grand Hotel has lots of character. The first hint is going into the bar to check-in. Our room was small but adequate. The only window was facing a sort of well that other rooms' windows faced. The town itself is quite noisy and even with this situation we heard a lot of that noise through the window. Breakfast was great, nothing fancy, served in the "pool" room opposite the bar. I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Groebenzell, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I chose this hotel because of it's rustic theme. We thought it would be quaint and it is. It is old everything creaks, the room had only one chair and no table. It did have internet connection but there was no place to set up a computer workstation.
The rustic look is pretty much the real thing. The bed we slept on was what I believe a rope bed converted for a mattress. It was high off the ground. The floors were a nice aged pine floor so it also creaked. There was no way to walk around the room without making noise.
There is no parking for the hotel so where you park is where you can find a place. The location is great if you want to stay in old town Bisbee as you can walk pretty much anywhere from the hotel.
The staff is really nice and that helps make up for some of the room shortfalls. Being an old building the walls are pretty thin. The first night we were there apparently there was some kind of party in the room adjacent to ours. Starting at about 2 AM the party really started going and was still going on pretty well at 5 AM also. The room had also some windows in the walls. I think at one time maybe one was suppose to be a transom but was made fixed. There was also a sitting room that was on the sidewalk, so everytime a car drove by in the night the room would light up briefly. If you don't want light in your room you have to go out in the sitting room and turn off all the lights so the room will be dark.
There was a jacuzzi type bath in the bathroom. The shower and the bath both worked off of the same water heater. The first shower I took there I didn't turn on the cold water at all.
There is a continental type breakfast at the hotel. I found it lacking the coffee was tepid. There is a balcony that you could sit on Main Street if you chose but this is where the smokers smoke.
I'd give Kudos to the staff as they seem to be very helpful.
Overall the trip was enjoyable but if you go to this hotel with high tech stuff, like I do, there isn't going to be a place to set up your 'stuff'. We went for the rustic look, maybe thinking there would be a compromise in keeping up with technology. Not the hotel's concern but our expectation. So if you are content with a electronic pad of some sort then you will be set. I bring a laptop and camera gear and anticipate that I can set up a workplace so I can work on the photos I took of the day.
There is a coffee pot in the room but no icebox. If you want ice you have to go down to the bar and get it from there.
Again it is a pretty nice place, just rustic as advertised. If you are looking for that 'back in the old days' sort of feel you will definately get it at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The first red flag was signing an agreement during check-in that stipulated that we wouldn't smoke (this in a very smoky saloon where I was checking in) and that we wouldn't be able to get a refund under any circumstance. We went into our room (#2) which was small, dark, shabby (especially the bathroom) and the room stank of smoke (ironic, right?).
All of the rooms were open and my husband and I chose a better option. Interestingly, the beds in the standard rooms were the same size as ours, although I was charged $10 extra for a larger bed. We asked the bartender (who checked us in) if we could move to another room. He said no which was a surprise to us because no one else had arrived. He very kindly went up to the room to open a window with hopes it would provide some much needed fresh air. My husband and I explored the beautiful town of Bisbee and came back to the hotel late afternoon. I asked if we could move if there was a cancellation and was told that that wouldn't happen. We waited a bit, discussed the situation, and checked out early, without spending the night. The bartender was courteous and helpful throughout the day; the reason why we are disappointed is because of the condition of the hotel, the terrible air quality and shabby condition of our room (that was over priced), and the fact that we had no option to redeem the money that we paid for an overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am sorry that you reviewed us an having cig smoke in both the saloon and room #2. You are painting conditions that do NOT exist. The saloon has been smoke free for years and all of our hotel rooms/suites are nonsmoking. You, also, misrepresented the occupancy of our hotel on April 17th and 18th. You stated that we had rooms available, but, the fact was that both nights we were booked. we realize that you have the right to your opinion regarding our hotel, but, please do not taint your review based on misleading information.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved this place. Close walk to all shops and restaurants. Bar/restaurant right next door for convenient late night drinks and such. So much history, and very informative employees. We stayed in the Captain's Suite and it was amazing! Basically a 2 room apt for the weekend. If you go for the 4th of July, you have a front row seat to the soap cart races! Grab a coffee and sit back and cheer on the parade. So much to see and do, we were very pleasantly surprised. Fun, friendly and off the beaten path-in a Great way. Enjoy!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ellsworth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just like a trip back in time! We were tired of chain hotel/motels and found in Bisbee this elegant old time hotel. We checked in at the saloon just like in the old cowboy days! So cool. We were offered a choice of rooms. We picked an elegantly decorated room with bird wall paper and drapes...even a stuffed bird. non-rented room doors were all open, all different and each had its amenities. Homey. Old but well maintained building. Back to the saloon for a drink before dinner. Felt at home with the usual patrons. Bartender recommended a local restaurant. Slept great. Breakfast was great local faire. Good coffee. Nice to meet and get trip tips from the owner, Bill.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!