“EXCELLENT STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Bisbee Grand Hotel
You added Bisbee Grand Hotel to your Saves list
61 Main Street, Bisbee, AZ 85603   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
tucson
“EXCELLENT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We checked in at the bar this made us more comfortable being in there. People in bisbee were friendly and the check in was quick, we were even shown to our room. When we got to our room they had chocolate for us. This was a nice touch. The room was clean and had an old brass bed, comfortable by the way . We had dinner just down the street and felt safe to walk around town. In the bar there was a fiiddle duo for valentines nice touch. The bartender's were very nice and we meet a few people in their. We had fun and awoke to coffee. We then had breakfast downstair's in the bar, I heard this is new. Breakfast to order. We will be back and have told some friends who also want to get away for a night. Thank you Bisbee Grand staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the smaller rooms, but will be back to stay in the victorian suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Lac du Bonnet, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

While travelling thru Utah and Arizona, we decided to check out this quaint little town.
Loved our experience at this lovely hotel. We stayed in the Victorian room. Nice touches in the room.ie:china tea sets, porcelain dolls, red velvet,etc. Spacious, clean and tranformed us to another space in time. Had a superior breakfast and would recommend this hotel experience to everyone.

Room Tip: Non-Themed rooms are just as nice as the themed rooms.
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have finally calmed down from our experience staying at this hotel to write a review. My review has nothing to do with the hotel itself--while some complain about having to enter the bar to check in, or the flight of stairs--we personally, LOVED the aspect of this hotel. My husband and I (when travelling alone) prefer staying in turn of the century locations as opposed to shiny, brand new hotels. It's the history involved that we love. Our problem stemmed from the extremely rude and obnoxious guests who were also staying overnight at the hotel as well as the lack of response from managerial staff.

We were not told there was a band at the time we made reservations (not required, but would have been nice—it also was NOT on their calendar of events). This 'band' that was playing in the bar was so loud that they ended up getting cut off early. By 11pm they were lugging everything upstairs as they were staying at the hotel overnight. But their screaming from the road to the 2nd story, up the stairwell and across the foyer was not something I had bargained for. I also didn't bargain (or pay for) the aforementioned "band" and their friends, groupies, wives, and whomever else they brougt, to have their own personal party in the foyer, on the patio, and roam from room to room until they decided to go out--and congregate in the foyer--and go out--and congregate in the foyer-constantly before they finally passed out from booze and exhaustion at 3:30am. If you have seen the pictures, this hotel is small and in older hotels noise tends to carry further than in newer establishments--it's even louder when it's less than 10 feet from your door. I didn't pay for them to interrupt our rest by propping open their doors to toss each other beers across the foyer and prop open the balcony door so it was easier to be heard when they shouted down the (back) hall. I could only have imagined what would have happened if they 'missed' in their lobbing of said beer and hitting one of the china cabinets along the wall. THIS is where I miss the bright and shiny aspect of new hotels--there is someone at the front desk to contact when this sort of problem arises. We were left to our own devices--and frankly, when a bunch a drunken people outnumbers the two of us who are trying to sleep, I have no desire to walk outside my room and confront a bunch of drunks. When the staff arrived to make breakfast around 6:30--we were awake. I paid for a one night’s sleep and ended up receiving, in total, about 3 hours’ worth.

After speaking with the staff member who was cleaning up the mess from the other guests (over turned chairs, bottles and butts everywhere) and told her what happened she said management wouldn't be on site for at least another hour but she would call them. They authorized her to give me a gift certificate for one of their suites (not the refund I requested). At that point I was so tired to argue that I accepted and we had breakfast (excellent, by the way). When management DID arrive, instead of mingling with all the guests, she stayed exclusively with aforementioned band...never once asking other rooms anything about their stay. I don't know if she was forewarned that we would be unhappy, she didn't care, she didn't know, etc. Even at Denny's the manager walks around asking how things are--DENNY's! Nothing came from her-- she parked her butt and didn't move beyond the band members, leaving us other guests feeling like folks who had outstayed their welcome. That was the final straw--we were packed and were gone by 8:30am.

As for the management part--it is NOT a big hotel so It is NOT difficult for management to find out who (me) the unhappy guest was. They have my information--a phone call from management/owner would have been nice, instead of sending the poor breakfast gal (for lack of her proper title) to deal with my disappointment and frustration--plus lack of sleep. It ruined what was supposed to be the first weekend getaway my husband and I have had in 10 years by ourselves AND my birthday. Instead, they felt that a gift certificate for a one night stay in a hotel a four hour one way drive from my house would suffice. They know I would NEVER use it...so they still keep my money--that's the cherry on top. A refund was all I asked for and instead they just rubbed salt in the wound.

I cannot recommend this hotel to ANYONE who wishes to have any kind of rest, quiet, romance, or relaxation. In fact, if you look at their website none of these words exist. This was the second worst hotel stay in our lives—only beaten by the hotel that caught on fire while we were guests. That has to say something. The bad taste in my mouth from this hotel is beyond comprehension.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your concerns about ou GREAT extablishment. We made every effort to make it right for you, however, you insisted upon receiving a cash refund or you would be giving us the "worst reviewever" I, owner of the BGH when confronted by the hotel manager of my options felt that I would NOT take bad review threats for refunds. We had staff on duty except for about 4:00am til 5:00 am. I came aboard at 5:00 am to do my bookword and prepare the hotel for the morning events. I, personally walked through the hotel and found NO over turned chairs, empty beer cans in the hall ways. I did see 3 of the bank members out on the varanda and reminded them to keep their voices down because we had others staying in the hotel. My general manager gave you an UPGRADED gift certificate for apologies of your night's stay. We wanted you to come back to Bisbee and to the BGH to experience a NORMAL stay in the best of suites that we offer.

Both my wife and I were extremely upset with the band (NOT their performance because loads of people enjoyed them) to the point that we have almost eliminated groups from performing in the saloon and not booking bands withing the hotel.

Again, the integrity of the BGH was more inportant then having somebody THREAT to give us a horrific review. We wished that this guest would have given us the review within a reasonalbe time. Not, almost 6 months later.
phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

While the bed, linens, and jacuzzi tub were indeed wonderful, the lack of interest on the part of the staff was pretty terrible. The hotel could use some dedicated hotel staff not just bartenders filling in the gaps. If nothing else, give the bartenders name tags or vests so that guests can identify employees. If the guests next door had not kept us and the Bisbee police up until 4 am with their fighting and screaming it might have been a better review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I thououghly covered this situation with my GM (Christin), Hotel Manager (Carl) and Teri who was bartending. We all apologize for the CONDUCT of the Military who were stationed at a base in Sierra Vista. Both the bartender and manager were warning the soldiers of their lack of behavior around 12:30 a.m. and they were told that they had to keep the noise level down or be kicked out of the Captain's Suite. Approximately 2:30 a.m. they, again, became rowdy and begain fighting. The police were called to the scene. The bottom line was that the soldiers were drinking in their rooms, got out of hand, and caused the guests staying in the Hollywood Western Suite a lot of grief. We are sorry that our guests were disturbed, but, we were NOT responsible for the behavior of the soldiers. We tried to control them and the Bisbee police asked that we would not KICK them out of their suite because they were unable to drive home. We respected the Bisbee Police request.

I,also, apologize for the staff being seemingly to be unfriendly. All of my staff has had HOTEL training before becomming a bartender, therefore, I cannot imagine them being unfriendly to any guest nor customers. I am, also, sorry that you posted such a poor REVIEW because the hotel staff did everything to prevent the "problem". Sometimes, and I am thankful, this type of incident hardly ever happens. But it happens to the best of Hotels. Again, we are sorry that it happened to you.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We traveled from Knoxville TN but also had a place in Tucson. We drove to Bisbee just for the day, but ended up staying at the Grand, which was a welcomed surprise. A hitchhiker told my husband, "If you ever visit Bisbee, go to the Grand and ask for me", so we did. What a lovely surprise and a great conversation starter..!

We spent time and chatted with the locals at the Saloon, met a lot of friendly people who made us feel immediately at home. The staff made us feel as though we would always be remembered and the "light would always be on for us."

The rooms were spacious, clean and accommodating. What a quaint setting nestled in the mountains. We hope to return one day, if not for any other reason than to try out the covered-wagon bed...!!

Room Tip: If it is a Friday or Saturday night, I would advise NOT getting a room over the Saloon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at the Bisbee Grand on January 1st and 2nd for a brief post-holiday breather. My wife and I have been going to Bisbee for years, but this was our first time staying at the Grand. This is a small, century-old hotel with an adjoining saloon. There is a Victorian atmosphere, and it is very clean. Most of the rooms are located above the saloon. We had a regular room with a queen bed which was very comfortable. There is a small tv in the room and free wireless. As with any century old hotel, you may find a quirk or two, which we think lends it charm. For example, we had an antique doorknob on our bathroom door that kept falling off when we pulled on it too hard. You get free hot breakfast in the morning. It was very good. There was a little something for everybody - eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, granola, juice and plenty of hot tea or coffee. The staff was great. They were friendly and helpful. The saloon has a great old timey atmosphere. We enjoyed swapping ghost stories with folks from Canada, England and with other Zonies. As with any hotel that has rooms located above a saloon, you can expect some noise. It wasn't horrible. Overall we had a "grand" time, and we will stay there again.

Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have always loved Bisbee, but my stay at the Bisbee Grand made me love that town even more. Carl, the manager along with the owner went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are like stepping back in time in a good way. You get the quaint Victorian charm of the past with all of the comforts of today. They even serve you breakfast in the morning (its included in the price of the room) and it is delicious. They serve something new every day. The first day they had scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt and pastries and the second day French toast and link sausage and all was excellent. It’s also convenient to many shops and good restaurants. And they have a bar right downstairs that is a part of the hotel. And to top it off… from the bartenders to the hotel owners, they are all so friendly and helpful. I left my scarf there and the owner mailed it to me within 3 days! If you want to really get the true feel of Bisbee and its friendly locals, this is the place to stay. I can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Unlike many of the bed and breakfasts in Bisbee, the majority of the rooms here have bathrooms in th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!