“Agree With 'Bland'” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 35 restaurants in Benson
Box Elder, South Dakota
“Agree With 'Bland'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Husband and a friend ate here one night and 'bland' is the best word to describe this food. Nothing special. Seems to always be busy at lunchtime, however, for dinner he and his friend were the only ones there at about 6 p.m. Service ok but too many other choices in the area to return here.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

37% Recommend
Benson, Arizona, United States
“Bland Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I don't really want to bash any place. We have tried the 86 three times in the last several years and found the food to be bland. My personal opinion is that the food served here is Americanized Mexican fare like I would find in a north eastern state. Not really hot, not really spicy, not really tasty. There are far better Mexican restaurants in Benson.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Benson, Arizona
“Bland Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very average in selection, presentation and flavor. Even the decor is less than stellar.

Visited August 2011
Saginaw MI
“Not so great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

I'd heard so many glowing comments from Benson locals so expectations were high but my dining experience was sorely lacking. Arrived at 5:30pm. Many tables occupied but not crowded. Server brought chips and salsa--some chips stale and salsa just okay. We had to ask for napkins. Silverware we also asked for as none was provided. Silverware arrived after our entrees were served. Server forgot what kind of fajitas I ordered but didn't ask until my dinner companion was half way done eating. While my chicken fajitas tasted quite good and my friend's burrito was terrific, she said, our long wait with no utensils, the mixed up food order and the overall service sent me away disappointed. Our server apologized profusely for all the confusion and I understand it may have been an "off" night so may give them another try next time I'm in Benson.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pomerene
“Decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Service is pretty good, food is ok but not great. Could have more lights.