“Wonderful Cheesecakes and Treats!” 5 of 5 stars

(907) 373-3392
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dallas
“Wonderful Cheesecakes and Treats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

A friend and I stumbled across this delightful bakery when visiting the area. (We had just made the drive from Anchorage,over Hatcher's Pass and down through Wasilla.). What a delight! The store is located in a strip mall that is still under construction but it was well worth the trouble in locating it.
The owner was gracious enough to show and describe at least 20 different flavors of cheesecake. My friend ordered the sampler which contained 4 different flavors and retailed for $12. I ordered one slice of strawberry cheesecake and received a huge piece that would have served 2 people generously. I cost $6. The owner is also the baker and is a genius with cheesecake. Her style tends toward NY style but it is in no way as dense and heavy as some that I have been served. In fact, I thought the texture was darn near perction. I am sure that my husband would have thought so too but that large slice ended up being my lunch and dinner! Highly recommend you check this spot out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

erie
“Awesome cheesecake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

On a recent trip to Alaska, I was intending to order a cheesecake from a place I had purchased from before, and have it sent to our address in Chugiak. I forgot to do it, and on a day trip up to the Wasilla area, we saw a sign for Alaska Cheesecake. It was a bit hard to find, as we were not familiar with the area, but was WELL worth the effort. We bought a white chocolate raspberry (they have dozens of choices) and it was a hit. The owner is so friendly and outgoing too! This might be the best cheesecake we have ever had. I will definitely make this a must stop next time we are in AK. They don't have a website, but the phone is [--].