“Good under the circumstances” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Valdez
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Good under the circumstances”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our John Hall's Tour group invaded Mike's Palace about 9:00p.m. With a group of 44 people that had been riding in a bus for about 12 hours. Most of us didn't even want to be eating that late but the staff was very efficient and served all of our group within minutes. I guess it helped that our tour guide had called ahead with the orders and an approximate arrival time. Food was good and my wife really loved the ladies room. Not sure what is so exciting about it as the men's room wasn't anything special. Have no idea what the prices are like because we never saw the menus. I would definitely give this place a chance at least once.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Food was ok, prices were high, and service wasn't great. Maybe but it was because we got here about 40 minutes before closing. I won't say it was bad, nothing was bad, just not great.

Visited June 2012
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I ate at Mike's twice while visiting friends in Valdez. I had pizza the first time and the Tortellini the second time. Both were excellent! I look forward to eating at Mike's again. K Gough

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disgusted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ordered a Pizza when we got home we opened up the box and there was a used Band-Aid with blood on it on the pizza..... they were quick with the refund but offered us another pizza like we would ever touch something they cooked again... they obviously have never heard of gloves I am thoroughly disgusted and will never go back

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“Mixed company with mixed reviews.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Personally I had an exceptionally delightful experience. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good food, fair prices for the most part, and surprisingly updated ladies restroom facility. The Caprese was nice, and the Gyro was excellent!!! My husband enjoyed his soup (forget the name, some tomato seafood thing) and the bacon wrapped scallops (slightly overpriced) and loved the sauce. Our friend was not pleased with his steak but it seemed ok to me. My 5 year old is quite talkative and the waitress was very engaging and friendly to him.

• Visited August 2012