“Excellent Code fish” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Haifa, Israel
“Excellent Code fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My friends (10) and myself arrived at the restaurant with no reservation, and enjoy a very good food and service! I had a code, and it was the best code I ever had!

Dr. Itzik Gonen

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

PA
“Favorite Restaurant in Valdez”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Food - very fresh and delicious -
The halibut tacos are to die for -
The view of the harbor is a terrific plus.

Visited June 2014
somewhere in
“I liked Off The Hook slightly more than Old Town Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family (two adults with four young children) tried both restaurants which are casual and great for families. Both have great food. I would recommend this restaurant over Old Town Burgers (OTB) because it has beautiful views of the harbor and has a little more Alaska ambiance (there is a stuffed brown bear for kids to check out at the entrance). Old Town Burgers has a cheaper menu and enormous portion sizes but less selection and feels like a bowling alley restaurant.
At Off The Hook, I had the halibut with lemon caper sauce -- excellent. I did not enjoy my side of rice since it was white rice with a dollop of soy sauce, and so I would recommend getting mashed potatoes or something different. The fries were better here than at OTB. My husband said his sockeye salmon was a little dry but the mango salsa more than made up for it. The service was alright... about on par with OTB. Considering the small town nature of Valdez, both restaurants are great. If we return, I will probably stick with Off The Hook.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sorrento, Italy
“Very good food , service and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal. The food was very good. The menu options were varied and interesting. The service was very good. The view of the harbor was fun and interesting.

“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We spent one night in Valdez on our tour of southern Alaska and to be honest this was the most disappointing restaurant that we ate in. It stands in a beautiful position overlooking the marina and the waiters, both of whom were Turkish, could not be faulted. But we were placed at a table right next door to the bar, where there was a karaoke evening going on at full volume the whole time we were there. A couple of us ordered scollops with parmesan as a starter, and to be honest it was dreadful. The scollops arrived, swimming in a weak brown liquid, covered with melted cheese, overcooked and pretty tasteless. Which was a real shame. We complained - nicely - but rather felt that the manager didn't care too much. And then, to top it off, when the bill arrived it charged us for a bottle of wine that we never had. It is a pity because this could be a blow-your-socks-off place to eat … but, for our visit at least, it wasn't that great.

Visited June 2014