“Perfect resort for a relaxing holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Resta Reef Resort

You added Resta Reef Resort to your Saves list
Resta Reef Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   KM. 65 Quoseir - Marsa Alam | Red Sea, Egypt, Marsa Alam, Egypt   |
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Marsa Alam
“Perfect resort for a relaxing holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from resta reef in marsa alam yesterday and couldn't have wished for a better holiday.

The positives: 15 minute drive from the airport! Every single member of staff was so polite and helpful from the bar staff to the cleaners even the gardeners spoke to u every time u saw them! Every single day u were asked numerous times was everything ok with your room, could anybody get you anything? Where you enjoying your stay, it's the first holiday I've been on where I genuinely felt that the staff really did care about you and your holiday!
2 lovely pools 1 with a pool bar! This was the one we used the most! Ramadan the bar tender was the best ! Had your next drink lined up before you had finished the one you had! Also the beach and beach bar were really nice although the sea was very rough so was always a black flag but that's hardly the hotels fault!
On our first day we had a one hour Turkish bath and massage which was a brilliant relaxing start to our holiday!
Hotel cleanliness was one of the best I've been to! Every single day the room was cleaned and you were left 2 bottles of water! Air con was a saviour left the room lovely and cool! Our cleaner was also called Ramadan and he was a lovely man! So happy and polite came and said hello to you every day and asked about your room even made us a swan display from our towels!
Last but by no means least the animation team! Whether British or Italian both teams said hello to you every day! For us solo, Lisa jay and Alan where the best! Jay and Alan spent a lot of time chattin with us and making us feel welcome, solo is possibly the happiest man on earth never sad or down and always trying to get you involved in activities but none of them where ever pushy with it! Charlotte was also very friendly and helpful and took the time to come and speak to you during your holiday.
On arrival we were greeted by jay Alan and Charlotte and made to feel very welcome! When departing all the animation team made a point of coming down and saying goodbye to you and waved us off to the airport!
One piece of advice I would give if your going the beach party do not touch the mojhito's ! They made us so ill!!

The negatives: not much food choice! Having said that the quality of the food was good would just have been nicer to have a bit more choice! The resort itself is very remote but as we didn't wish to leave the hotel it suited us fine.

All in all one of the best holidays I have ever had made some really great friends both staff and guests! Would definitely recommend the resta reef value for money without a doubt! Such a shame Thomson are thinking of pulling out because it really is an amazing hotel ! Achmed was our rep for Thomson and again very polite and helpful, full of knowledge and happy to sit and chat with you and share it!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Oldham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

just spent 2 weeks at the resta reef resort and had a reasonable holiday.I will start with the staff the animation team are brill the new boys jay and allen superb lads all the best from matthew hes in bed for a change plus all the rest of the team you keep the place going at times.
The waiters and the barstaff do a great job even considering that somedays the temperatures are a sweltering 45-50 degrees.
The restaurant staff great job ( in general) again good service in harsh conditions which leads me to the one bad apple in the pack ahmed he Is the young chef who serves the b-b-q outside quite simply the rudest most arrogant women ogler I have ever come across in my life . Ask for abit more and he will give you the dirtiest look ever and slam the lid down ,then you feel like oliver twist when all you want is 2 small pieces of chicken instead of 1.I have also never seen anybody undress women with his eyes as blatantly as him nobody was safe its a shame as he really lets the team down.
To the food: simple food well cooked don't expect any expensive cuts of meat or fish or prawn starters etc expect simple food sometimes bland food with little taste but always well cooked you will always find something to eat but I was a little disappointed after reading some of the other reviews but I wonder where some of the other reviewers have been to rate the food so highly.
The all inclusive drinks are average when the cocktail list for a/inc includes 1 called diesel which is beer with a coca cola top you understand if you want a decent cocktail you must pay,cappuchino coffee which comes out of the same machine as white coffee you must pay ,freshly squeezed orange you must pay when you can eat as many oranges as you want ,wine only available in the restaurant when I mentioned to this to charlotte her reply was you can buy it at the bar on buy 1 get 1 free not quite the answer I was looking for.
There are so many tiny little things that if put right woud make this hotel so much better but I suppose you get what you pay for.
Now to the black flag please beware we hit the jackpot 14/14 black flag days with a couple of days where he put the red flag up for short periods of time where at your own risk of being smashed into the steps of the pier or even worse on to the reef you could go in which I did,beautiful reef with plenty to see just very dangerous trying to get out. I don't blame the hotel for this I blame Thomson holidays cause they know that at this time of year the winds are very strong and create rough seas and to still sell this holiday without a warning of the weather at this time of year is false advertising but they wont warn anybody as it could cost them money.
With a few tweaks this hotel could be so much better but still reasonable for what you pay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

my wife and i have just returned from our 4th stay at this wonderful hotel.i couldnt possibly write everything i want about this place but here goes,the hotel is wonderfully kept the rooms are very clean the surrounding grounds are beautifully kept and very tidy everything you need is here to have a fantastic stay.the food is plentiful in the restaurant and always hot and cooked to perfection and my friend chef abdo will make sure you are happy and will make you anything you wish!!!!!.the staff are all amazing and i couldnt list them all but special mentions go to osama,saad,little mohammed at the beach bar who when he saw me walking towards him would make my coffee!!!ehab in la casa what an amazing man,hamada in la casa an amazing man also saied restaurant manager[im just the customer]!!!!!!! mr tyson,and all of the staff in there and a big big mention to my very good friend moustafa lion in the restaurant,i cannot praise this man enough i love you more!!!!!!!! the bag man hany what a top bloke,mahmoud in reception thank you for everything,all the towel lads what lovely people.finally a huge thank you to sherif a truelly wonderful hotel manager who will be eating haggis with my wife when we return in november,big ramy who couldnt do enough for us to make our stay extra special,little ramy and his beautiful daughter,guest relations lady is so polite and always asked how you were and finally a big mention to the wonderful charlotte guest relations/pa to sherif this woman is soooooo funny and i miss her already!!!!.a big mention to the animation team who do a fantastic job allday in very hot weather and always have a smile on there faces,a mention for the 2 new lads from england alan and jay top blokes,keep an eye on ozzy for me alan!!!!!.if i have forgotten anybody im sorry!!!! so many people but i class them all as friends and i would not go anywhere else but here,i love it and anybody going to the reef will love it as much as me and i cant wait to see them all again in november. so thank you all for making my wifes 39th+1 birthday very very special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: a sea view a must for sun rise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely smaller hotel. With that is friendly and you feel at home. Bars, swimming pool, room, sea everything you have at hand. Rooms are cozy and clean. Every day he goes cleaner. The staff was very helpful, caring and friendly. If you had a problem trying to solve it immediately. The food was of course amazing. While we waited for some local specialties, but even so the food was excellent. A large selection of salads, main dishes, side dishes, ...The waiters and cooks were also super. Very friendly. What we most stuck in the heart are animators. Very friendly and lovable. Every day, walked around the beach, pool, ... Every day there were a few activities ... although it might be more dance club ...Then after dinner you all walked around, saying what will then be a program and talk with you.
Pity I was there only a week. I'd love to go back there.
So all very much recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I chose to visit The Resta Reef in Marsa Alam for our 1st wedding anniversary.

The transfer time from the airport is very short, 15 mins maximum. On our arrival we were greeted by various staff members and given a lovely cocktail.

The hotel is in great condition and very clean. The staff all went above and beyond duty to ensure we felt thoroughly spoiled on our holiday.

The events team were fabulous, in particular Solo and Lisa who when not performing would go out of their way to introduce themselves and check every guest was happy.

Our room cleaner was a wonderful man whose towel art was amazing :-) made me very happy. The room was always spotlessly clean.

Ramadan who worked the pool bar deserves a special mention - he was always so cheery and again made you feel like a VIP .

Charlotte who is the managers PA was always around too,checking everyone happy.

The food was good at the hotel, in my opinion too much choice at lunch but top quality food nonetheless. The chef, I believe was called Mr Abdo , was such a wonderful guy , who greeted you each day and even cooked me and my husband and a couple we befriended a few specials :-) and a cake for our anniversary.

All in all this hotel made us feel like VIP's and we will be going back next year for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Sadly there is some bad so let's get them out of the way first. The air con in our room kept packing up, 6 nights out of our two week stay we had to call to get it fixed as it was not cold enough. We were offered to move rooms however the room we had had an amazing see view which I did not want to lose, this is due to watching the sun rise.... Which is an amazing sight & i recommend that you do this at least once on your visit - Eventually though the people in the room above us went home & we were offered that room, happy to take this as the views were even better. It was sad that we had these issues as every evening we were worried about the air con working so found it difficult to relax. However, all the staff were very helpful in getting it fixed. Big thank you goes to Kareem on front desk for your patience and also to Ramy for your understanding. Otherwise the rooms are comfortable & clean.

Now the good stuff.

The hotel is a 10 minute transfer from the airport. Upon arrival check in was swift & we were within our rooms within 20 minutes of arriving. Luggage was taken to the rooms by staff members.
The hotel has amazing gardens which are cared for on a daily basis. All the rooms have excellent views, whether it is the gardens or the beach & beach bar or the adult beach.

Two pools which are cleaned regularly & tested during the day. The pool bar is in my opinion the best of the two. The staff there are excellent, Mostafa is a young lad who is learning English, sat with him on a few occasions helping him with his lessons, he wants to learn so much, am sure by next year he will be fluent. Next is Ramadan, very helpful, funny & up for a laugh! He also remembered what you were drinking & would ask if you wanted another as soon as you finished. Both these guys helped to make our days perfect. Can't comment on the other pool as I didn't use it..... But it is next door so short walk to the bar for drinks or ice cream.

The animation team, Blaedir, Solo, Giulia, Liza, Jessica, Davida & new arrivals Alan & Jay. All of these guys work hard to help make your holiday enjoyable. They arrange games during the day which they will ask if you want to join but will not pester so it all feels comfortable. They put on a show 5 evenings & every single one is different but very much enjoyable. Some shows have audience participation but again no one is pressured into joining in. The shows are put on in the amphitheatre & you can get drinks from the beach bar which is just behind or if you prefer a quiet evening you can sit up outside reception & restaurants & have waiter service.

Food - there is something for everyone & a good variety however there is chicken for lunch & dinner everyday & this became boring if you didn't like the other mains........

Beach - Sadly we had a black flag for most of our holiday so didn't get to snorkel from the jetty, however the rock pools are amazing & we had a sting ray swim directly underneath us! Dolphins swim past the hotel regularly, when they are seen a whistle gets blown so you know to look. Scary at first as thought it was being blown as a warning! They go past between 6am & 8am most days & return later in the day.

I have found my dream holiday & will be looking to go back. It is a shame that Thomson are looking to pull out, however talking to the manager Sherrif, it's easier to book direct so we will look to do this next time.

Big thank you again to all the staff for making our holiday what it was, we will be back, just hope you are all still there!!

• Stayed June 2013
Hurghada, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

relaxing hotel and friendly staff.and i hope you take care of the towels and sheets cleaning other than that all was very good, and very friendly staff, especially restaurant staff.i will recommend it to anyone who wants to go to Marsa Alam.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Resta Reef Resort? Share your experiences!