“Amazing holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Resta Reef Resort

Save Saved
You added Resta Reef Resort to your Saves list
Resta Reef Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   KM. 65 Quoseir - Marsa Alam | Red Sea, Egypt, Marsa Alam, Egypt   |
Ranked #15 of 63 hotels in Marsa Alam
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Well, what can I say about this trip except it was AMAZING. Resta Reef has such a nice atmosphere. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. It was like a family environment, was very homely. The guest relations Charlotte always went out of her way to ensure that we were having a good stay. The food was great. Just grand all the way around. The only thing I did not like was that the wifi was never working 100%. Was very sad to leave. Will be going back there again, that's for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

1,140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

TOTAL PARADISE
What can we say but yet again total satisfaction .
as usual all the staff are friendly and very welcoming, we went for two weeks this time and as soon as we got there the whole management team recognised us and could not do more for us, the food was great and everywhere was clean and tidy, weather fantastic late 30s
the whole place just is fantastic and the mangement team are the best in the business i think.
a big thankyou to charlotte for everything (guest relations) and rami /hussian/mario front desk what a great team and the hotel has the nicest manager you could hope to encounter (sheriff) totally helpful with any requests
and to all our new friends there cant wait to see you all again soon
to all you holiday people out there dont miss out book a holiday here at resta reef whilst its unspoilt

Room Tip: sea view or garden
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at this resort for a week at the end April. Is a little nice resort and although we had a nice holiday, the place needs some improvements.

The all place needs to be renovate a little bit. The rooms are ok but they looks like they have been built overnight, the bathroom tiles are falling into pieces and they looks a bit dated. The same for the main restaurant "La Fontana", it looks a bit sad and would benefit with more light, is a bit dark in the evening. At least the place is really clean.

I'm not usually fussy with food I always had lovely and plenty of food in every resort I have been. At the Resta the food was just ok, not bad but very average. I tried a little bit of everything and in some cases tastes exactly the same (like potatoes with curry or saffron they tasted the same) and it would be appreciated to see more healthy and refreshing fruit display rather than just some dates, mandarin, a local fruit and sometimes white melon. That would be a good alternative to the big display of desserts that were more or less the same every day. I didn't really like the fact that I had to ask for drinks like coke or beer to the waiter every time and as they use very small glasses (and you are allowed only one glass at the time) I had to ask two or three times during the meal, sometimes the drink didn't came at all.

My husband went diving with the Emperor Diving Centre and he said they were brilliant friendly
and very professional. We did the Oceans Classic trip and that was really nice as well we saw many turtles but unfortunately we didn't spot the Dugong. :(

The pool area is ok, the tiles around the edges are very slippery unfortunately, so if go this resort walk slowly around the pool. There are two beaches the main one in front of the hotel and the small one (adults only) on the left on a little hill. If you don't want to be disturbed by the animation team or the people selling trips and massages from the hotel, then go there. We didn't try the animation or the disco (Down to Earth) so I can't really rate that.

I had a massage at the spa (Aromatherapy) sold to me by one of the spa guys going around all day. The massage was lovely, a bit less relaxing than expected but still much needed, but the guys, although they were kind, they were kind of annoying sometimes. After I booked my massage they kept coming to my sunbed trying to sell me more treatments to me or my husband, I have to say I had tried to avoid them a couple of times. Even while booking the massage the guy was insisting on which treatment I should have booked and on which day, knowing that I was interested in only one aromatheraphy massage... Saying that I recommend the spa just be aware of the spa reps.

The staff in reception was really professional and all the staff in general looks always really busy and if needed they are really efficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I have just spent a week in this hotel and have had a great holiday here, the room was spacious and the huge bed was a godsend, after 3 days our air conditioning stopped working so we told the reception that evening and they straight away went to look at it, as it was not fixable we were moved to another room straight away. The food is great and constantly on offer thoroughout the day, the bar staff and waiters are all very friendly and helpful as are the general manager sherif and Charlotte who is guest relations. Thanks to these people and the lovely weather we had a fab holiday and will definitely be returning very soon!

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very accommodating
The guest relations manager was extremely helpful and good fun to be around Charlotte was a bundle of fun, the hotel was really clean and the food was really tasty. One of the best holidays I've ever been on an will definitely be going back !!

• Stayed April 2013
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a great time together at Resta Reef. The staff were warm, friendly and polite. Everyone was helpful and did their best to provide everything you wanted. We were all inclusive and the amount of food on offer was unbelievable. No matter when you felt hungry, there was always something available. There were choices to suit most palettes and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality. There were activities available for all ages. Whether you wanted a relaxed break or fun filled holiday there was something for everyone. Thanks to all staff for making it such a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Resta Reef was recommended by our tour operator. The hotel was very comfortable and the staff helpful, friendly and attentive. I preferred it to the Resta Reef Grande which is right next door as it was smaller so you got a more personal service. The rooms were comfortable and the shower good. I would stay here again, and would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: There is a lot of ground floor rooms, but in my experience of foreign travel it is a good idea to em...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Resta Reef Resort? Share your experiences!