“Best Red Sea hol. Comfy rooms, staff always smiling, amazing pastries.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nada Resort

Save Saved
You added Nada Resort to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Nada Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   20 KM South Of Marsa Allam Airport, Red Sea, Marsa Alam, Egypt   |
Ranked #47 of 64 hotels in Marsa Alam
Bristol
“Best Red Sea hol. Comfy rooms, staff always smiling, amazing pastries.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

If you want a truly relaxing holiday by the beach with a genuinely friendly staff for whom nothing seems to much, I can't recommend this place too much.

The hotel itself is beautifully laid out with stunning murals everywhere as if some local Michelangelo had spent his retirement there - except that the place is apparently only a year old.

However the surrounding desert though photogenic is an ever constant reminder that this is not exactly the place to come if you want to party downtown every night. There is a disco in the hotel and it's not that bad and you can organize a trip to nearby towns or a disco at the Abou Nuwas hotel should you want to, but primarily this place is about either adventure sports - diving, snorkelling, desert Safaris or, which I'm ashamed to admit is my own preference, just chilling out.

The rooms are large and spacious and as the hotel has been carefully designed in a crescent-like shape - all of them seem to have a sea view. The housekeeping do a great job every day in keeping them spotless and if you want to do your own laundry (there's also a reasonably cheap hotel service) - items dry very quickly if you put them out on the balcony under the desert sun. Yes, I know what you're thinking, and I did feel a little guilty about lowering the tone of the place. But no one seemed to mind.

There's a fantastic jetty which runs for about 100 metres across the coral reef to where the deep water starts and you can stroll along and look down at all the beautiful coral and fish or at night time stare up at the beautiful night skies. It's also easy to go snorkelling from the end of the jetty and there's a life guard in the unlikely event that you might need some assistance.

There's a health club hidden away to one side of the hotel and I recommend asking reception to direct you there because it's a real treat. There's a variety of massage programmes, I had a Turkish massage as I still had a painful back after too many hours of office work in the last days before my holiday, while my wife chose the Cleopatra beauty and massage programme. Both of us were so happy that we returned there the next day and the next just after sunset as we didn't want to loose a moment's time from the beach.

The main restaurant is also a pleasant suprise - especially as when I was there, the place was less than a quarter full. There was a fantastic choice of food. Much better than in many five star hotels I've stayed in. The fish was really fresh - not the frozen rubbish you get in many Red Sea hotels - and the pastries were out of the world - I think even if you live above a Patisserie in Paris, you're still going to be more than happy with what's on offer here.

But the best thing about the hotel is the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff. I have a 12 year old boy and he wouldn't leave before I agreed to take photos of him and the waiter, the pool bar man and the chefs. There were so many farewells that for a while I thought I was going to miss my flight. And in retrospect I wish I had. No I'm back in rainy Bristol and already thinking of making another trip back out there.

• Liked — The rooms, the swimming pool, the friendly staff, great meals, fantastic coral reef.
  • Disliked — Having to leave.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

We spent two unforgettable weeks holidays at the Nada Marsa Alam Resort in Marsa Alam in July / August 2008.

The Nada Marsa Alam Resort is brandly new and only 20 minutes far from the Marsa Alam Airport.

Our choice was initally made based on the fact that this Resort is a hotel with a maximum of 250 rooms available and has been newly launched.

When you enter the hotel, you can admire a beautiful reception hall with paintings on the walls, nubian decorations and a spacious lounge. The rooms are very well equiped, spacious and comfortable corresponding to a five stars hotel standard. All the rooms have a large see view.

The swimming pool area is really great, spacious with a splendid panorama on the beach. We could use the beds and infrastructure around the swimming pool or at the beach. Having been 3 times already in the region of Marsa Alam, we must highlight the fact that the beach is particularly exceptional and beautiful for the region. A brigdge of about 50 meters long can bring the guests to an unforegettable coral barrier. If you like snorkeling, you can easily admire new coral and a large diversity of fishes.

The Nada Resort offers a high level of cleanness. The rooms, the reception, the dining rooms and the gardens are always cleaned, cleared and swept by the hotel staff. We had also the opportunity to vist the hotel kitchen and we must point out that everything was so clean. The hotel management really wants to provide a high level of hygiene.

The food available at the the buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was very fresh and diversified which is not always the case in the different 4 or 5 stars hotels we stayed at the Red Sea. Among the different choice of food, we will especially remember the Egyptian buffet organised every Friday night. Absolutely great with a splendid folklore show!

There is a small shopping mall in the Nada Resort. If you can manage the art of the negotiation, you will get good deals there.

Finally we wish to say that the staff was very gentle and willing to help. Morover the General Manager of the Nada Resort is very open to all the guests and really takes cares about the well-being of its guests.

We will surely return to the Nada Marsa Alam Resort.

• Liked — quality of the accomodation and location
  • Disliked — n.a.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

Hi from Ian@durham
Just got back from marsa alam egypt had a great holiday with my wife and 12yr old son at the creative al nada resort,the place isnt 100% finished yet but still a fantastic place.The staff (not all spoke good english),food and accomodation were well worth the money.The only let down was getting to the resort which we had to do by taxi,not much of a problem you may think! but how does £50 (english pounds)sound for a 20km one way journey.I tried to barter with the GENTLEMEN concerned but to no avail he was not interested in my plight and gave me a take it or leave it option ,the leave it option was that I had no way of getting my family to our resort as I was to discover he had sole rights to the airport and the HELP of a thomsons rep to put his point across so leaving me no wayout of using his SERVICES.The guys company is called Haneen Limousine.There is a way to avoid this problem as I was told by the receptionist at the resort and that is to book through them by email or phone , they can then sort you a local cab for half the price for BOTH WAYS.Dont let this put you off because as I said the resorts are fantastic and the more people that get to know about this conmans dealings the sooner the experience and situation will improve.Hopefully he will go out of business as when I told him that I would put his scam on the internet he laughed as did the thomsons rep, they probably thought this was an idle threat WRONG, so please take note.
ps I was there frm 13/02/08 to 20/02/08.

Hope this helps from,
Ian@durham

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

What struck us first about the hotel was how nicely designed and spotlessly clean everything was. You enter a very impressive reception
with Nubian style columns and a large beautifully painted mural of Nubian village life on the wall. So it comes as a suprise to learn that there are only 150 rooms. Actually I think when we were there, there were only about 30 rooms taken as the hotel had only recently opened.

The buffets offer a reasonably wide choice of foods and I enjoyed the luxury of having an omlet freshly cooked to order every morning. What I really appreciated was that, unlike some large hotels I have stayed in, here the waiters were easy to call over and were very acommodating
in bringing me all sorts of requests that you wouldn't normally expect
to find on the menu.

I read the comment about the pathways in the other review and to be honest I can't say I noticed any problems but all the flowers and shrubs were beautifully kept and the gardeners seemed to be constantly
busy looking after them.

The beach is just a two minute stroll from the hotel and while it is not ideal for swimming (theres some colourful coral which is great for
snorkelling but you have to be careful with your feet) there is a nice
sandy beach just a five minute walk further along the beach.

One of the reasons I will definitely return to this hotel is the well managed and friendly health club where I went everyday to use the gym and then have a sauna and relaxing massage. I made several friends among the staff there and they always made me feel so welcome. I also marvelled at the way they would chat to one guest one minute in one language and then to another in another. It was a great way to spend a
late afternoon after coming back from the beach.

The hotel limousine service is a little expensive but I went outside on the road and after five minutes managed to flag down a taxi van driver who took me to Marsa Alam for less than five dollars. The town is a great place to meet local people and go shopping. I must say I would never shop in a hotel!

• Liked — staff attentiveness and cleanliness of place.
  • Disliked — expensive limousine service.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Derbyshire, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Creative Al Nada. The hotel is brand new opening in August 2007. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Marsa Alam airport. First impressions were how remote the hotel is. Our room was big spacious and cleaned daily to a high standard. The food was a bit repetitve and there was not a lot of choice. During the day the only place you could get tea coffee any other drinks was by the pool as the hotel bar did not open till six oclock at night. No bottled water was on offer unless you bought it. The water they offered at meal times we felt was tap water chilled. We both had upset tummys for a day or so although this could have been down to several factors. There are 2 pools. The childrens pool appeared deep and there was no ladder to exit the pool. The paving around the pool area I felt was dangerous with a manhole not flush with the surface and a grid with edges raised this could potentially cause an accident if you were to trip . The pathways around the garden area are badly built with cracks forming and crumbling of the surface area. The beach is few minutes walk from hotel you could not swim in the sea as there were large rocks in the water this was dissapointing. There is plenty of building work going on at the hotel with new rooms being built. The shopping mall is opening more shops where building work can been seen and heard.
The electric went off in evening regularly while we were there which again is dangerous. This makes you wonder how the electric will cope when the hotel has full capacity.
The staff at the hotel are friendly and helpful the animation team are great and always happy and smiling they do try to make your stay comfortable. We found the communication quiet hard as some staff could not speak english. The weather was hot but found it to be windy every day a bit annoying to say the least.
The hotel being remote there was not a lot on offer unless you did the trips or paid steep taxis rip-off prices to go out of hotel.
The hotel being new needs to be fully finished and get established before we would return.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — lack of things to do
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Nada Resort? Share your experiences!