2 main problems:
- The food is cold. It is +/- warm at the buffet but arrived at your table, the food is cold. I do not know if it is due to the air-conditioning system or if the food is just not warm enough at the buffet…
- The restaurant room is small, very noisy and there is not much space between the tables. It looks more like a school canteen. Note also that it is NOT possible to eat outside even though there is a nice terrace.
Here is a list of other small issues:
- Limited variety
- In general, very fat
- “All inclusive” not very clear: limited in locations and time
- No indication of the nature of the meal
- Not a lot of fruits available and fruits are not ripe
- The morning pancakes are used for the evening cannelloni
- All desserts taste all the same (cinnamon)
- Pasta are not cooked enough (and the chef is Italian !)
- Don’t look to closely at the cleanliness of pots and pans and plates
- Coke Light not always available
SURROUDINGS AND BEACH
- Very isolated: not possible to take a walk outside of the hotel (desert and dangerous road), no shops nearby (the shops in the hotel are very limited in choice and expensive).
- Beach: it is big enough, quiet (in comparison with the pool) and there are enough sun beds. But it is not sandy (rocks, coral) and thus painful for the feet (bring special shoes). It is not possible to swim from the beach (coral and rocks), walking into the water is also very difficult. There is a bridge that takes you further into the water but there is a lot of stream and the ladder is dangerous. But if you are not a newbie at snorkeling, there are some nice things to see. It is very windy (but it is nice because of the warmth).
- The pool is medium sized and very noisy (music whole day, mostly Italian and the animator sings!)
- The hotel is partly a building site. It is not very disturbing AT THE MOMENT (Oct 2009) but the view is a little spoiled.
- The gardens are not finished.
The hotel itself does not organize any animation. But do not think it is quiet !
An Italian animation team owns the grounds. All animations (sport, shows, diving, kids club,…) are in Italian only (most of them do not even speak a few words of English/French/German/Arab).
They are very noisy around the pool, not possible to avoid at the entry of the restaurant and animate shows at the theater until 23:30. And because the acoustic of the hotel is very bad, you have very limited quiet time !
HOTEL AND ROOM
Not bad, clean (but not very), new. The personnel speak a VERY limited English (because most of the guests are Italian). The friendliness of the staff is average.
The bedrooms are big, nice and new. TV and fridge not high quality. Airco very good. Nice terrace and views. No bathtub, only shower. Acoustic insulation very poor.
CONCLUSION: DO NOT GO THERE UNLESS YOU SPEAK ITALIAN AND LOVE ANIMATION !
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.