“Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Utopia Beach Club

You added Utopia Beach Club to your Saves list
Utopia Beach Club
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   20 km south of El Quseir, Marsa Alam, Egypt   |
Ranked #47 of 67 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Andover, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

From start to finish I had no compaints. Fantastic holiday even though I was solo and only 1 of 4 brits satying for the first weeks and 1 of 5 for my second week (1st week included meeting the Balcers from previous review - lovely family and I will be keeping in touch). The egyptians love the british and would like more of them to stay however some of the ones on the plane back to the UK I am not sure they would improve their opinion of the Brits (sorry) !! My first week was mainly italians staying and they were great fun and my second week mainly germans but this hotel was the friendliest I have ever encountered (guests and staff) and a lot of people are regular visitors to the Utopia. I had a double room in the newer part of the hotel and it was very nice and spacious. The compex is quite spread out and I felt that a map would be handing as it took quite a while to find my way around and to find out what was where and what was going on at particular times.
Food was average but it was hot and plentiful and always something that you could eat no matter what unless you are one of them "pickie moaning people that expect haute cuissine and table service" !! I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone. A special mention for Yassur on the beach, one of the nicest people ever who voluntarily became a lost property office for all of us who left belongings on the beach and he even raked and sifted the sand for one Italian lady who lost an earring of sentmental value who cried her eyes out when he found it for her. My last evening was spent in the company of Patricia an Italian, Ulli a German, Danni also German and a couple from Holland, truly an international experience which I cant wait to repeat.
Finally a thank you to the animation team who work very hard, keep up the good work and my best wishes to Moustafa and Elisa I woill miss you both. Oh and make sure you have a massage - I had a couple of them with a body scrub and sauna soooo lovely.

Room Tip: I had one of the newer room and loved it. If you have an older one dont have one near bedowin tent a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
manchester uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We have just returned from the Utopia Beach Club after reading the reviews we went with an open mind and we weren't disappointed.

The hotel was full of mainly German and Italian guests - don't let this put you off, there was very little sunbed hogging. They were all friendly and prepared to get into the holiday spirit and unlike the Brits didn't complain about every detail. All the entertainment is in English and the staff are suprised to see British tourists and can't do enough for you.

The food was fine for a All inclusive of it's size at peak times there were ques in the restaraunt but these moved quickly. There was always a choice of meats and a fish dish, potatoes and a form of pasta, the bread was fresh the salads were plentyfull. At lunch times there is a choice between the pool bar which served hotdogs, burgers and chips, and the beach bar which served pizza, meat, fish, chips and pasta along with the most amazing freshly made garlic bread. Breakfast was simple with a choice of pastries, sausages, eggs, pancakes and omlettes along with fresh bread.The only complaint at breakfast would be that the coffee is dire, however throughout the day nescafe sachets are available to make a cup of coffee it's advisable to collect these to make a decent coffee in the morning.

The rooms were clean and spacious enough even for the 3 of us.

The kids club and playgrounds were of a good standard and our 6 year old loved it.

Both the beach and pools were great both with plenty of shade, the pool had the added features of a swim up bar and waterslides.

The staff were very nice and never asked for tips or lingered in the hope of getting a tip although they were appreciated when given.

The camel ride along the beach was well worth the money, the guy on the beach selling jewllery was very friendly and helpfull.

The hotel had everything that was needed for 2 weeks holiday and we have never returned from a holiday so relaxed.

This is not the poshist hotel we have ever stayed in, or is it the cleanist, nor did it have the best food. It did however have the friendlist staff, entertainment staff and guests. it had the fewest rules i have ever encountered on an all inclusive and we have been on over 30 in the last 10 years.

If we could fly to marsa alam from Manchester next year we would be returning without a doubt.

If you would like any further information please feel free to contact me jane@a1pat.co.uk

Room Tip: superior rooms were lovley the old rooms were in a better position for the beach
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Perfect and calm place and entrance from the beach to the corals-nordhern neverending reef and southern reef speckled with hunderds of tousands miscellaneous
So friendly stuff, good food
I feel the place like my second family
Martina

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I went to Utopia for a diving trip - I had never been diving before and was looking for something chilled out peaceful just in case the diving freaked me out. I found just the right thing with Utopia.

The hotel had two areas and we stayed in the more modern part with a view over some of the older rooms. I loved our room but also found myself wanting to stay in the older rooms because they looked really interesting - old stone buildings with domes and pathways meandearing through the different sections. At night when it was lit with fairy lights it looked like an old Arabic village - it was beautiful.

The staff were very friendly and I felt they went out of their way to make my stay the best it could be. I had been worried about the food because I have a 90% vegan diet but I found no problems with what was on offer. All of the food was lovely and there were plenty of options for all diets.

My favourite place to eat was the dining area down by the beach. It was a perfect place to get some break from the sun but without losing any of the atmosphere of the beach.

I loved the diving centre! Having never dived and being new to swimming I was very nervous about going under the sea. The instructors were very patient and supportive with me and they made my first diving trip one of the top experiences of my life. I would highly recommend them to anyone going diving and will definitely go diving there again.

The beach is beautiful and I loved that Utopia is the only place for miles. It felt like I was visiting someplace magical and I think it is a very special place.

I did swim in the pool a few times but found it a bit cold for the time of year. After a little while I got used to it but I thought the kids pool should have more heat until later in the year.

The signs around the area were a bit confusing at first but I think they must be from the old layout. It didn't take to find my way around and after a few days I found the signs added to the charm of the place.

All in all I had a truly lovely time - I have never been that relaxed in my life. I hope to make Utopia a regular stop on my holiday travels.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

The hotel is run down and lacks attention to details. It is cheap for a reason. You have cats under your table at the restaurant and flies on your dishes (see pictures). You cannot even cross your legs under the table as they have some bars that make it really uncomfy. The beach is messy and dirty and because it's always very windy it does not help. I guess you can enjoy it if you are truly - and only - into diving. But that's it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
the netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed for two weeks all inclusive, the room was ok, also the breakfast fresh baked bread every day .the lunch was not so good most of the time cold .there wher a lot of old german people and at the beach a lot of flies, all day long. you get crazy of the flies.diner was oke but not one day french fries at diner only at breakfast.after diner there was nothing to do no bar or somthing and at 9 we al went to sleep i think the whole resort was ,but anyway we did enjoy our selfs, but never go back there. ANITA

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

The resort is nice, rooms are typical, the staff is affable and, for a few euros as tip, you can enjoy a lot of comfort more. The beach is clean and a bar is just behind your lawn chair.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Utopia Beach Club? Share your experiences!