Back from a lovely week spent at Fayrouz hotel.
Arrived at 03 am and was welcomed by a smiling receptionist. Gave us a drink (warm and too sweet) and ask us if we wanted to eat anything from the restaurant, nice touch there.
Asked for a room with no above neighbor and got one. large clean room hot as an oven as the air con was not on, well it's one of those thing where you got to leave your flat key ring in a slot so you get juice in the room. Annoying but there is a way around it so if you're clever you'll figure it out.
Air con can be quite loud but you get used to it also it's better than no cold at all. Only negative point with the room was the water pressure, almost none. I guess you can complain about the TV set too which is not flat screen and old. But hey, did not come all the way out here to watch the box.
THE REEF is amazing as far as I'm concern, first timer here at the Red Sea and not disappointed at all. The pier gets you right at the edge of the reef. Got two red flag at the end of the pier in one week but you still can dive at the second entry point .It is a bit windy all the time so if they let you swim near the edge of the reef, a wave might push you against the reef and you'll damage both yourself and the corals.
There are 3 entry points on the pier, and for god sake no standing on the corals or you'll get rightly whistled by the pier staff!
THE FUD is good, sometimes very good but that according to people taste so I won't elaborate. An extra point to the guys who make the breads, they're just awesome. An extra point to the egg men too. The OJ man is just plain mad : - )
What you must know is I'm pretty sensitive with bad food and I did not get sick once while over there, the tummy tablets stayed in my suitcase, that's a big plus, if you read reviews from other hotel in the area, some people were not so lucky!
THE BARS, now I've been to places where you have to fight at the bar to get a drink on all inclusive as they are reluctant to serve you. Here you just sit at a table, order and you'll get serve, there is no pressure, order as many as you want.
THE HOTEL main building looks very nice and of high standing imo, there is a bar next to the reception where you can get serve either inside where it is cool or on the terrace which is above the main restaurant. If you get a table, it is sometimes quite busy, you can enjoy a drink and a water pipe (€2).
THE STAFF, and I mean from the security guy at the door to the guy cleaning the toilet and making those flower decoration around the sink, they all very polite, always a smiling and courteous .
Sunburn, if you don't watch out, you'll be toasted in no time.
Swimming pool bar, I'm not sure you always get clean glasses. I must say I saw staff just passing dirty glasses under the tap and call it clean. It is simple, there are no dish washer behind that bar.
Wifi is there and free at the reception, you'll get all five bars but it is as slow as an Egyptian snail crossing the desert! Ok to read emails but if you want that new android app you may as well set up camp at the reception for the evening.
Also they have 2 dusty HP on XP at the reception, not sure they work properly.
The downright ugly:
Of course it is open to one's taste, but I could difficultly bare the guy who's doing entertainment on the terrace. It is one of those guy who think is gonna please everyone by playing, singing along and sometimes playing guitar over western standard song, one for every country that might be present. If it was only once that would be fine, but every night at the same time it's bloody Karaoke night!
I for one don't need to be reminded when I'm abroad of the music they play in my country, it is insane, why not make the same food and have my favorite TV show on screen as well? Why would someone go abroad to fill just like he is back home? That terrace got so much potential, just play low-key Egyptian music so you really fill in different country and get rid of those awful electric candles and replace them with real candle. What we want is authenticity not westernize Egyptian crap. It had to be said, I fill better now but I might still go for a little lay down.
Anyway, I hope I'm be lucky enough to see the day where I go back over there. إن شاء الله (in chā' Allāh).
- Also Known As:
- Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Hotel
- Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Hotel Marsa Alam
- 3 Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort
- Three Corners Fayrouz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located next to the new marina of Ghalib-Marsa Alam on the west coast of the Red Sea, Egypt, Hotel The Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort is an exclusive property located only 5 km / 3 miles from Marsa Alam Airport and 67 km / 42 miles from Quseir. This outstanding area is a renowned Red Sea holiday destination for its long beaches and coral reefs, and therefore this all-inclusive hotel is the ideal place for sea lovers and divers. Families will also spend a memorable stay thanks to a well-organized kids club with a wide range of activities and games for your children. Furthermore, the entertainment team offers a full week schedule with different sports and a lot of fun! Guest amenities at The Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort also include a gorgeous private beach and a huge swimming pool with Jacuzzi and a children pool, 2 restaurants, 4 bars (lobby bar, swimming pool bar, beach bar, Peanuts bar) and many shops (pharmacy, gift shop, jewelry, Oriental herb shop and fashion shops). Sport facilities include table tennis, billiards, aerobics, darts, beach volleyball, water polo, water games, snorkeling, Entertainment room (electronic darts, billiards, table tennis), beach soccer, bocci, diving, spa and gym. Wireless Internet access is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.