“Our Oasis - 5*” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Marsa Alam
cheersmateStockport
“Our Oasis - 5*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was our 18th visit to this hotel, so it must say it all. Extremely satisfied with everything about this hotel: cleanliness, food, settings, pool, beach, animation - everything 5*.
All staff work extremely hard and are well trained.
Gardens are so colourful and well kept.
Special thanks go to: -
Mr Haggag, who manages the hotel.
Mohammed who works at the Pool, he is very efficient.
Ahmed and Ibrahim in Chez Pascal, not forgetting the Chef Magda.
Atef for his delicious menus.
Reception staff who are always at hand to help you.
Momo who is in charge of the great animation team.
And to all the rest of the staff, too numerous to mention.
Thank you all.

If you want a relaxing holiday, look no further than this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Wigan, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I travelled to Egypt for the first time feeling a little apprehensive as a single mum with a four year old. Arrived at the hotel and received a very friendly greeting and felt relaxed immediately. Having just got home I can't praise the hotel enough. Everything was fantastic. A lovely room, much larger than expected, in a quiet part of the resort, exactly as requested. Beautiful grounds, pool and beach and pure peace! Throughout our stay the staff continuously went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Everyone would give morning greetings at breakfast and continue the friendly manner throughout the day. Staff always appeared happy to see us and speak to us and my son had positive attention continuously. The animation team were great at creating a family atmosphere. My son would be given balloons when he walked past staff and loved the mini disco held during the evenings before the shows held at the ampitheatre. The food was great in terms of choice and quality. One day would be Mexican themed, then Belgium, then Egyptian, then Indian etc. they even had English fish and chips which surprised me, as English people were in the minority. On my second time at the restaurant the waiter automatically brought me a rose wine remembering what I had drank on my first visit. They had daily children's choices too such as pasta, burgers, meat balls, chicken nuggets, fries etc. and at the beach bar each afternoon they had pancakes, ice cream and other cakes on offer. Freshly cooked omelettes at breakfast were lovely. In the main restaurant the pancake cook would make special teddy bear shaped pancakes for my son. Hot drinks were on offer continuously, which I appreciated as I love a good brew! Choices included tea, fruit tea, hot chocolate, coffee, cappuccino and so on - a great choice! We found all people friendly regardless of nationality which I think is influenced by the happy, relaxed atmosphere created by the staff in a beautiful location. It was pretty difficult to get stressed at such a place! The snorkeling off the jetty was wonderful. My son giggled all the time at the fish. I think children need wet suits during this time of year as the sea wasn't boiling! We took our own equipment but an adult set including flippers, mask and snorkel could be bought there for about £30 which was very reasonable. We went on the quads, great fun; a wonderful host who continuously took funny photographs for us creating optical illusions with our cameras which are great keep sakes. I recommend an afternoon trip so you get to see the sun setting in the desert. There is a machine at the hotel near the shops where you put in English notes and it exchanges them for you, so I didn't take any foreign currency with me. Pound coin tips were accepted no problem. You will need cardigans and long trousers for the evenings as they got chilly and don't be fooled if it is cloudy. On our first day there was no sun and it didn't feel warm at all, so we were out with no sun cream. That evening my son had bright white eyes where his goggles had been and bright red cheeks and a guilty mum! I had a full body massage and jacuzzi costing £35 which was great. We will definately return to this hotel in the future I can't praise it enough. Thankyou for a wonderful stress free holiday to everyone from the cleaning staff, to the gardeners, to the catering staff, to the manager at Fayrouz Plaza Beach resort we hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: I wouldn't expect any room to disappoint you, but I specified a sea view room, away from noise i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

IT was our visit to this hotel,which you will love from first sight,big nicely located over pay with lot of gardens ,big heated pool with a jacozi. Rooms are big well furnished, cozy nice view either sea,pool or garden views.the food was different each day(oriental, Italian, far east.....).The animation team and kids club was nice.also we did diving at the jetty the water was cold but the view deserve it.there is many activities (safari,beach volley,water polo,) the most important thing which is unique to this hotel is the staff and how they treat all the gusts starting from reception, restaurant,beach,room service.They are amazing group of people,starting from G.manger MR,Hagag,reception crew MR.Saeed restaurant supervisor,wael,ahmed,mahmoud from restaurant crew, chief Atef and his delicious molikheia .all my family and friends thanks to you all for making our vacation fantastic and defiantly we will see you again when we return to this wonderful place.

Room Tip: sea view second floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were visiting Fayrouz Plaza weeks 3&4. Especially at nights it was cold, so take a warm jacket with You if travelling Dec-Feb. Warm slippers are also needed, because the stone floors in rooms are quite cold (very nice at the hotter season, I assume!).

Be patient in the main restaurant, it takes 1-2 days as the waiters starts to recognize You and the service starts to run properly. The staff is extremely well trained and very friendly in all the places.

Food was ok, but not so extremely excellent. The best parts were the dishes from the grill. Pasta station was also ok, but only vegeterian pasta available with one and same tomatosauce every day. Pizza was no real pizza, most of the pastas tasted like nothing (lasagne was good), thai tom yam soup was definetely NOT tom yam, cheese did not taste real cheese etc. To became a 5 star (or even 4 star) resort, this hotel needs a BIG improvement to the food and more restaurants to chooce.

The hotel was very quiet and relaxing. We really enjoyed time at the pool and in the beach. In january the guests were mostly (middle-aged) couples. If you're seeking some kind of nightlife, this is not your place. The nearby town Port Ghalib was almost a ghost-town, so few people there. In Phort Ghalib you find a very good bowling center, though very expensive, 50 LE/per round/person.

After the sunset (4.30 pm at Jan) there is not much to do. We spent time at the gym and spa, and after dinner with billiard (5 €/h) and ping-pong (2 €/h).

The gym was bit too small and there was deficiency in equipments. No free weights and no weights for the bench and squats. 'Delivery delayed' was the explanation. Equipments were quite new.

Spa treatments were excellent, and also the sauna was really good. Turkish sauna was too cold in two times we visited. The spa staff is also very friendly and polite.

There was some nice shops in the shopping alley but especially the papyrus seller is so pushy that it was awkward to pass him and try to go to other shops. Authentic bazar feeling...

Don't have a hope for a 5-star resort and You won't be disappointed :) I listed mostly the negative sides to give you the information what most of the comments don't give. After all we had a great, relaxing holiday and could consider to return to the same resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayrouz_Plaza_Resort, General Manager at Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Have a nice day from The Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort

First, we would like to thank you for your very positive words which we are highly appreciating and taking into consideration. Meanwhile, we would like to draw your kind attention to the following:

1. We do not have stone floors on our hotel rooms, as all of our rooms are of tiled floors. In addition, we do have an individual air conditioning unit for each room (Heating& cooling); therefore, we never receive such comment from our visitors.

2. On our spa center, we do not have yet a working Turkish bath, we are constructing one, however, it is not yet finished. We do have Sauna, Jacuzzi and massage rooms.

3. Concerning the food:
A. We do have our variable theme night schedule for each night, in which we offer different food items with variable taste and several food cultures as well.
B. As for the lunch, we are providing our guests with two different buffets for the lunch, one on the Panorama main Restaurant, the other on our Laguna Beach restaurant. Both of the buffets are offering different and variable kinds of food which meet the satisfaction of our guests.
C. In addition to the above, we do also have our The Three Corners brand à la carte Restaurant Chez Pascal, which is one of the brands of Hotel& Resorts Company. Such Restaurant serves an international menu with a Belgian flavor in a unique and romantic atmosphere.
With our full respect for your appreciated point of view, we would like to assure you that 99% from our guests are very satisfied with our food and giving very positive comments on it.

4. As for the entertainment;
A. At the hotel, we have a daily evening entertainment program with our international animation team, either on the amphitheater or on our own The Three Corners brand bar “Peanuts bar”.
B. A live band is always there at the evening time on the Hotel Lobby terrace.
C. A romantic candle light sitting area around our main pool is also always established for our guests.
D. Billiard& Bing bong are against charge in our entertainment room; however, it is free of charge with our animation team.

Finally, we are repeating our thanks for thinking of coming back to our resort, however, we would appreciate, in your next visit, contacting our guest relations in order to help you in showing our facilities. Such facilities are also clearly mentioned on the welcome letter you had received upon your arrival at the hotel,hotel info channel,guest relation orientation at 10 am for the new arrival and guest service directory .

Best Regards

Haggag Elammari
Łask, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Every time when i want to get away from reality… for me there is only one right choice (never disappoints ;) - The Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza an ideal and perfect place, hmmm… so this was my sixth visit and i’m more and more in love with this paradise :)
I think this is cause of do unique atmosphere… from the moment you arrive you feel incredibly welcome by management and all the staff, and in fact you feel like going home, it’s so good to see all the familiar faces many of the staff are the same, and it is amazing how they recognize us :)

In my opinion the Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort is the hotel with the best combination of location, territorial planning and architectural design of the buildings for guests, colorful great gardens, swimming, snorkeling, diving conditions, variety of dishes and very special atmosphere during daily thematic dinners. This Resort proposes the most comfortable conditions for quiet, relaxing vacation among the wonders and beauties of Red Sea nature… So, another time we had truly enjoyable stay… three words: “hotel is spectacular”; the rooms ultra clean and comfortable; the food outstanding; evenings on the terrace (with shisha) so special; gardens - a paradise, some of the best I have ever seen, congratulations to the landscaper and the gardeners !!!

And other one of the most important indicators of the excellence of this hotel is the staff. Friendly, attentive, and so hard working, every one of them from the animation team, to the waiters, gardeners, spa staff, bar staff, cleaners and those in the office. They all make you feel so welcome and really do put themselves out to make your stay perfect. This team cannot be praised enough.

During this visit we had our "tree planting" ceremony, along with our Three Corners family....it was a great honor, an unique experience and we thank you very much… please take the best care of our babe - lemon tree ;)

I would like one more time to say big thanks everyone from golden team of the Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort, perfectly headed by the General Manager Abou El Haggag El Ammari.

Special greetings for a very lovely Egyptian woman – FARIDA, who offers great massage.
Huge thanks to true gentlemen DIEGO, who offers riding through the desert on quads and to OSCAR the owner of horse and camels his trips are very exciting and watching the sunset in the desert is an unforgettable experience.

Big thanks to ESSAM, the best singer ever, for making our evenings so special and romantic.

Reception...all the team is great, absolutely nothing at any hour of day or night is too much trouble for them… special thanks to SAMEH, who is just the man for the job tremendously helpful, professional and always smiling ;)

Of course special mention must go to THE ANIMATION TEAM who work tirelessly and lead with passion a lot of activities and entertainments and try to keep everybody happy. Big thanks to Jasper, Kelly, Vika, Magda, Jelle for professional stretching, enjoying water gym, an unforgettable dance lessons – salsa, bachata and belly dance and fantastic karaoke show. Special greetings for the best DJ ever - Mido for great music, professional sets, lovely party at Peanuts and song dedications ;) and no doubt for incredible Arabic lesson… we’re looking forward second part ;)

Especially I’d like to thanks MOMO – the great CHIEF of the animation team - truly creative leader - for preparing very sensational, delightful and above all the professional full of dance, humor and amusement evening shows. Thanks to him the all animation team is absolutely awesome, fantastic, always happy and full of really good energy spreading it to everyone. It’s amazing every time I find something new and something better in the presented evening shows, it’s really impressive and worthy of respect!

Of course special thanks to GENERAL MANAGER MR HAGGAG for the incredible hospitality, kindness and concern for contentment of every guest.

If you are considering this hotel don't think about it....JUST BOOK IT !!! I can’t wait to go back there again…

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited (wife and I) The Fayrouz Plaza at week 3 and this was our first time at this hotel. Earlier we´ve visited six times by the Red Sea and this was 3. time on Marsa Alam area.

It started quite cold and windy (like usually in Jan) but became warmer to the end of the holiday.
First three days was quite bad, room was cold and aircondition was wery noisy and only the cooler was in use!! The balcony view was nice and to the east so we could wake up with the rising sun every morning, it warmed nicely the cooled room after night. Our room was standard for two people, receptionist asked if like take another room instead, but he hasn't any map over the hotel and he couldn't explain extra charges rooms available, so we decided take what the Hotel offered us.The View from the terrace was good, but everything else was standard, cleaned every day but floor was always sandy and cold, espesially the bathroom.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner menu was allmost same all the time, so one week is long enough to stay, especially there's no other restaurants available. Specially I'd needed more green salad.
I read before trip wery precisely what other visitors had wrote here and I wonder why they've given so positive reviews from restaurants services? I think it's wery standard and not remarkably good. f.ex. if you don't tip in advance waiters you can wait your food beverage after startings, and at the dinner you get only two small glass of wine, because waiters had to discuss and entertain visitors with 'blue' ring in the right side hand so much they have not time enough to do the work they paid for. Elsewhere services were good, correct and factual.

Best place and staying was on the 'turtle bay' we call it so, place was about 1,5 km from the hotel to south and free to go. Hard sandy beach was excellent to swim and snorkel. The bay was wery nice place to relax because there was just a few people at a time, how long it can stay like now?
some hotel was already in the construction phase, it's a pity, but I understand the occasion well.

Pools were also good and warmed, jaguzzi by the main pool was allmost too hot!!

In summary I'd say the place is worth of price. If something could hope, so they could improve restaurant services and supply.

Room Tip: pay extra!
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

To say we love this hotel is an understatement ;) I have been there five times now and … cannot wait to go back … The management and staff are more like old friends and when you arrive you get the most wonderful greeting from them.

All the waiters, reception staff, pool boys, cleaners provide guests with the highest level of service. The animation team: Momo, Vica, Kelly, Jasper and others are absolutely great, they keep you entertained throughout your stay.

Big thanks to Essam, great person & singer, for making our evenings so special and romantic.

The rooms are large and spacious. The quality of the food is always good with a huge variety available. The hotel is clean and well maintained. If a problem should arise it is dealt with quickly and in a friendly manner. The pools are spotless and are run to a high standard. The snorkelling is fantastic with three different areas off the jetty to snorkel from depending on your confidence in the water … What can I say more …

This year we had our "tree planting" ceremony, along with our Three Corners family. It was really a great honour and we thank you very much. Please take care of our small lemon :)

All the fantastic staff, of course led by great manager Mr. Haggag, made all five of our stays memorable and stand out from any other hotel. Thank you all for your hard work … well done as always :)
And of course - WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO EVERYONE !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Three Corners Fayrouz Plaza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!