“Fantastic! We WILL be back :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Beach Marsa Alam

Save Saved
You added Dreams Beach Marsa Alam to your Saves list
Dreams Beach Marsa Alam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 km North of Marsa Alam Airport, Marsa Alam 1111, Egypt   |
Ranked #44 of 64 hotels in Marsa Alam
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! We WILL be back :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

First things first: You HAVE to remember that when you're booking anywhere it helps to actually check out the area where you are going!
Myself and my fiance stayed at Dreams Beach Resort from the 5th of February for one week and what a FANTASTIC time we had from start to finish.
The minute we arrived our cases were taken to our rooms, not once did they ask for a tip - and that included the entire holiday (we did tip though, but only once in the bar, restaurant, beach bar). We were given some lovely cold arrival drinks, much welcomed after our travelling.
The hotel: Beautiful place, like a palace! Loved having our walks around and discovering all that this beautiful place has to offer. This is Egyptian 5 star and I honestly don't think that people consider this before they book. The decor is beautiful, the reception is stunning, the club was really cool, the eating areas are clean and plenty of space so you actually get a nice peaceful meal. Would HIGHLY recommend the special meal nights they do, we had the grill night which was fantastic, free and were treated like royalty!
The room: Our room was on the sunny side :) if you want the sunny side... then ask for it! The room itself was spacious, huuuuge bed, plenty of pillows, great air-con, cleaned every day and left in peace when we had a lie-in :) , towels always changed, shower worked fine, hairdryer was a bonus, nice little toiletries, bottled water in the fridge, decor was fine, TV worked great with plenty of channels. Just lovely and very peaceful.
The beach: You have to remember that you are at the Red Sea and it is abundant with coral and shells so I would advise taking beach shoes if you are whingey about perfect beaches! However, we loved it, I thoroughly enjoyed rooting through all the corals and wonderful shells! There are plenty of sun loungers so you dont have to worry about lying on shells. There are some lovely little shops by the beaches, Mido has a shop that sells lots of wonderful concoctions, he is an absolutely wonderful man who we have kept in touch with. There are 2 beaches to this hotel. The right side beach is smaller and more shelly, however there is a great little beach bar that is open early, the waiter is absolutely amazing and brought us drinks all day! The left hand beach is much longer, less shelly and is easier to enter the sea. There is a pier here where you can get yourself in to go snorkelling, which my fiance tells me is amazing (I am too afraid to snorkel, DO NOT be put off by thinking that people only go to Egypt for snorkelling, I had an amazing time without entering the water!). The water is crystal clear, I have never seen such a blue sea in my entire life, stunning. The beaches are clean and tidy.
The food: I was slightly worried about the reviews being a fussy eater (I don't eat chicken), however, I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of variety, fish to die for, fiance really enjoyed the chicken, the beef was delicious, kofti - YUMMY! Plenty of delicious rice, veg, pasta dishes. So much bread! You MUST try the crepes at the pizzeria by the beach, I couldn't get enough of them! The lunch was great at the pizzeria too. Breakfast was fantastic! As previously stated, do the grill meal one night (book with the guy at the pizzeria).
The staff: 1st class!!! I cannot thank them enough. Kind, courteous, caring, polite, friendly, would go out of their way to make sure that you were comfortable. Remembered our names and favourite drinks from the 1st night. Always refilled our drinks. I lost my grandfather whilst away and I was so taken aback by how kind and caring people were to us, especially the lobby bar staff. I would like to thank them personally. The cleaners we only ever saw once or twice, always tidied our room, clothes folded and everything. They left wonderful towel creations on our bed :) something that I would expect on a honeymoon! We had a fantastic photo shoot, it was lots of fun and came back with some absolutely amazing photos! Get haggling!
Upon leaving, everybody who we had met made a point of saying goodbye and that they hope to see us again. Our bags were taken downstairs for us, which took a lot of hassle away. We were able to use the All Inclusive facilities even after check out, also we were able to keep our towel cards which was really nice as we could use the beach, pool area and showers until we were ready to go.
I would like to thank Dreams Beach Resort for such a perfect holiday. We had a lovely, fun and relaxing time here. I am gutted we had to leave! We definitely will be back again! Thank you Dreams Beach :)

I would recommend this resort for people who don't mind not being able to walk out of the hotel and discover the surroundings, it really is in the desert! As stated before: check out the area! There are loads of fantastic things to do here, even though it appears to be just desert! The quad biking trip was FANTASTIC, stay for the BBQ and the Bedouin show, £35 pound each for the entire afternoon and evening! I had the time of my life on those quads!
I thoroughly recommend travelling the area, Hurgada, Safaga etc.

Egypt is such a beautiful and real place. We love it!

Don't worry about being harrassed. We never really were and this was something I was very worried about, having been to Turkey and getting tormented to death! Egyptian people are happy, warm, caring and genuine. We will see you soon!

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the spa, but it looked great :)

Room Tip: ASK and you will receive a room on the sunny side :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

to be honest i was disapointed as soon as we arrived to the hotel, it looks very drab, it is in desperate need of refurb and first impressions when you walk into the lobby are "its dirty" silk flowers that must be ten years old and the lobby reeking of stale smoke! we could not get into our room from day one as the card locks are faulty and you have to blow into them to make them work. no water or mini bar in room as promised, we werent allowed a kettle either as we didnt have children but we spoke to other couples who had them, with no kids, if u tip all the time you will get decent service, if u believe you should tip once a good service is shown then you wont get anything other than ignored! i must say keelo from the beach bar is not included in this slating he works hard and is very nice tip or not he brings you drinks all day. you have to pay for fresh orange juice at breakfast! the all inclusive deal is not worth it at all, the beer mayas well be water and the vodka tastes like paint stripper! the food is terrible, very little choice and the same every day, on the bbq on an evening they look at you gone out if you ask for more meat, bear in mind they have just put the scabbiest piece of bone on your plate and expect it to fill you. the beach is dirty and sharp, you can barely swim in the sea, the pool was freezing.need i go on? dont waste your money

Room Tip: our room was cold and on the darkside
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

wonderful hotel with nice beach and about 9 swimming pools , kids club , soft drinks 24h .
the food is good and all the day but not much variety specially the snacks.
the room is good and clean .
i like my vacation in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just returned from two weeks at this hotel we had a fantastic holiday and great new years eve celebration.
All the staff were friendly especially the waiters and restaurant managers who worked so hard to make our holiday special.
We really enjoyed are time in Egypt as we always do.
We miss the hotel and the friendly egyptians who made us so welcome.
We hope to return and wish to say a big thankyou to all the staff at the hotel.

From Mr Mike / Lynda / Laura / Hollie ENGLAND UK

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I spent with my sister two wonderful weeks in Dreams Beach in Marsa Alam. The service was excellent!!!!! I would like to say big thank you to housekeeping and chefs as the rooms were really cleaned and food was very tasty. Only what we did not like was white and red wine.
The hotel provides many of sports and leisure activities. I think that we tried most of them :) The animation team was really great /specially Jana, Tom and Irina/.
For the first time we tried scuba diving and it was fantastic experience and I am really proud of ourselves that we managed it.
What I should say at the end????? .....just go there and enjoy very nice time as we did!!!!!!
Hana

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sopot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Magic desert just few steps from hotel, great reef ind wanderfoul sea right there nothing to complain In spite of being in 7-th moth pregnancy I was swimming in this wonderful water with incredible sub-aqua world.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
San Giuseppe di Cassola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nice resort, but a bit small. is a bit far from the airport of Marsa Alam. The entrance to the village is not wonderful, perhaps because when we went we had been opened recently.
Upon arriving we were given a welcome drink, our luggage had already been brought to the room.
The recepition was too hot, there was no form of air conditioning, because practically outdoors, in fact, the day of our departure, we were left half an hour has to suffer in the heat.
In the village there was a small swimming pool with a bar, where the afternoon was possible to make a drink and fries, pizzas, locally made cheeses.
Beautiful coral reef.
The restaurant quite satisfactory.
The animation was Settemari Club. It was not possible to take a walk outside the village, because there was practically nothing. Suitable for those who want to relax.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Beach Marsa Alam? Share your experiences!