“Xmas Holiday 2012” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Beach Marsa Alam

Expedia.com Booking.com
Dreams Beach Marsa Alam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 km North of Marsa Alam Airport, Marsa Alam 1111, Egypt   |
Ranked #43 of 65 hotels in Marsa Alam
Stoke-on-Trent
“Xmas Holiday 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just returned from two weeks at this hotel we had a fantastic holiday and great new years eve celebration.
All the staff were friendly especially the waiters and restaurant managers who worked so hard to make our holiday special.
We really enjoyed are time in Egypt as we always do.
We miss the hotel and the friendly egyptians who made us so welcome.
We hope to return and wish to say a big thankyou to all the staff at the hotel.

From Mr Mike / Lynda / Laura / Hollie ENGLAND UK

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I spent with my sister two wonderful weeks in Dreams Beach in Marsa Alam. The service was excellent!!!!! I would like to say big thank you to housekeeping and chefs as the rooms were really cleaned and food was very tasty. Only what we did not like was white and red wine.
The hotel provides many of sports and leisure activities. I think that we tried most of them :) The animation team was really great /specially Jana, Tom and Irina/.
For the first time we tried scuba diving and it was fantastic experience and I am really proud of ourselves that we managed it.
What I should say at the end????? .....just go there and enjoy very nice time as we did!!!!!!
Hana

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sopot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Magic desert just few steps from hotel, great reef ind wanderfoul sea right there nothing to complain In spite of being in 7-th moth pregnancy I was swimming in this wonderful water with incredible sub-aqua world.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
San Giuseppe di Cassola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nice resort, but a bit small. is a bit far from the airport of Marsa Alam. The entrance to the village is not wonderful, perhaps because when we went we had been opened recently.
Upon arriving we were given a welcome drink, our luggage had already been brought to the room.
The recepition was too hot, there was no form of air conditioning, because practically outdoors, in fact, the day of our departure, we were left half an hour has to suffer in the heat.
In the village there was a small swimming pool with a bar, where the afternoon was possible to make a drink and fries, pizzas, locally made cheeses.
Beautiful coral reef.
The restaurant quite satisfactory.
The animation was Settemari Club. It was not possible to take a walk outside the village, because there was practically nothing. Suitable for those who want to relax.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just got back from Dream Beach Marsa Alam...
Except the swimming pool and the room that were very clean... the service and the food were terrible...most of the people we were with were sick during several days...clear they clean the glass with not proper water...and the reception were useless...
We were scared about the review before to go but thought it was sometimes people with high expectations...we were right to be scared....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I visited dreams beach a couple of years ago in July with my partner at the time. We booked through Thomas Cook and flew into hurghada with a 3 hour transfer in a mini bus with our suitcases strapped to the roof which was very fun at the time but looking back is actually quite a scary thought! If I was to go back to this area I would defiantly fly into Marsa airport but we weren't given this option at the time!

On arrival we were given a welcome drink and our bags were carried to our room which had been upgraded and was lovely as it was my birthday whilst we were there. We arrived late in the evening and dinner had been set aside for us which was cold by then but we were very grateful for the thought!

The main buffet restaurant thoughout the trip always had a wide variety but normally the same thing was on offer and you have to be quick back yo your table otherwise it is cleaned and soon occupied by someone else!

We had a small pool outside our room we spent most our time in as it was sometimes hard to get a bed round the pool however, the pizza and burgers they provided in the afternoon was a real treat and someone would always walk round and offer you a drink if it was too hot and would kindly get it for you!

You were tackled by the usual sellers around the pool offering camel rides and henna tattoos but once you said no and had a joke with them they left you alone! The animation team were good at getting everyone involved but were boring in the evening so we always visited the sheesha tent with an extra charge to pay at the end!

As it was my birthday the hotel gave me a cake with no extra charge, we booked a Bedouin jeep safari with our rep for my actual birthday which was fantastic and I would recto end doing! A BBQ is provided but the jeep safari is not for the faint hearted! We also booked a turtle swim with our rep which was about £15 each and I would do this again and again!

On the last evening we booked into the Indian al e carte which was sometimes seafood too! We were asked to come another day as no one else booked for this evening but said it was our last night and my birthday and they made an exception. We paid in the region of £50 for the meal which included a bottle of champagne and when we went down in the evening we were shown to the romantics tent on the beach and told they wanted us in their new brochure.

Of course we obliged and let them take pictures of us and they soon disappeard. We ate our curry which was more like a chicken kebab and my partner couldn't eat his chicken so I helped as at the time the food was lovely. Later in the evening I felt unwell and thought I had just had a bit too much sun and maybe a bit of an Egyptian tummy so retired to bed!

It was only in the morning when I woke up I felt so ill like I was hungover and had to sit in the shower. We had to extend the time we left the room before getting picked up for our transfer back to the airport and the hotel weren't very helpful in aiding us with this! Nor was the on site doctor and he wouldn't come to the room. I wasn't able to move as every time I did I was sick!

Thomson were helpful and we managed to get medicine at the airport and the cabin crew made space for me to lie down on the plane. On returning home I was diagnosed with salmonella and hospitalised.

It may be I just had an off dose of chicken but unfortunately I would NEVER return to this hotel and I know health and safety shut the al e carte for a while for investigation after this. However, if you stay away from the al e carte the hotel and staff themselves were fantastic

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to premium on the top floor like we did and the right hand side gets most sun
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I just got back from a week in Marsa Alam, and thought I would write a few lines about my exprience with the hotel. To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but I had a great week, and already miss it! I've travelled a lot, and am not picky at all, but I believe you should always get what you pay for. And that's what you get at the Dreams Beach. It was quite a cheap last minute, but I was extremely pleased with everything.

**CHECK IN: That was the only part I was very disapointed, not to say angry. Our group got to the hotel around 5am, after a nearly 5 hours flight, and we were told we couldn't check in before 10am. I was extremely tired, had worked the whole day prior the flight, was wearing trousers and it wasn't pleasant at over 32C, was hungry (and we were not allowed to have breakfast that day, having to wait until 12:30 when lunch would be served). I had to sleep in an armchair at the reception, and at 9:30, after having asked twice, I was given the key to the room.

**ROOMS: The room was spacious, well decorated, A/C, hair drier, TV (although only 2 English channels, but it didn't matter much to me). The toilet smelled a bit funny, but again, it didn't bother me much.

**RESTAURANT: All the meals are served at the main restaurant (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), although you can have dinner once a week at the Italian resturant, but you have to book it a day in advance, and the booking has to be made between 12-2pm. I didn't go, so can't comment on the experience. The Noa's restaurant is not included, and they serve seafood for what I believe was EUR10, but during the week I was there, I didn't see anyone going there, not sure if it was closed or people just didn't bother.

**BARS: You can have your drinks at the lobby bar or at the swimming pool. The guys working there are great, I can not thank them enough for the great service. Although it was quite busy, service was quick. You are not supposed to take acrilic glasses to the swimming pool, only simple plastic ones, but not once I was given a plastic cup. Perhaps because I always had a smile on my face, and didn't save on 'thank you' and 'please'. The variety of drinks was scarce, only local spirits (rum, gin, brandy), which you could mix with Coke, Fanta, Sprite or Tonic. Beer was also served, and wine only at the restaurant and the lobby bar. No cocktails, nothing special. Pretty simple. But I guess you really get what you pay for. I didn't go there to get wasted, so for me it served the purpose. Bottled water was not given, but you could refil your bottles at any restaurant. Fresh juice was also not on offer, you had to pay EUR2 for a glass, but nobody pushed me to have it (as in some other reviews).

**OTHER GUESTS: The week I was there, you could say 50% of guests were Russians (nothing against any nationality, but man, those people there were rude and loud!! I felt sorry for the staff, having to deal with such rude guests....), the other half a mix of Germans and Czechs. And that was it. Although the staff told me they get many guests from Italy and England from time to time.

**SUN BEDS: the hotel can accomodate about 400 guests I would say, but they have probably 40 'sunbrellas', although staff will bring you chairs. Throughout the swimming pool area you see signs that you are not allowed to reserve the sun beds before 8am, but I was waking up around 6am every day, and you could see many sun beds already reserved with a towel. The sun beds at the beach are very worn out, but it didn't stop me from having a good time at the beach.

**BEACH: you can't really swim there, you have to go to the pier, because of the corals, but I'm not a big fan of ocean, so just sitting at the shallow part was enough for me.

**THE STAFF: I couldn't be more pleased with the staff. The first time they met you could be a bit annoying. I'm a woman and was travelling alone, and apparently they don't understand the fact that a married woman could be travelling without her husband, and it got a bit annoying having to explain all the time that my husband couldn't go and I needed the break!! But after the 3 main questions (Are you single? Where is your husband? How old are you?), they were very friendly, respectful, and nothing was too much trouble if you needed anything. Obviously they expected tips, but I was tipping mainly the guys at the bar, and everybody was very friendly.

All in all, I had a great week. Would I go back? Not really. But not becaude of the hotel, but because of the area. It's in the middl of nowhere, nothing to do besides being in the hotel, not possible to go for long walks in the beach or outside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Dreams Beach Marsa Alam? Share your experiences!