“Unacceptable” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Beach Marsa Alam

Save Saved
You added Dreams Beach Marsa Alam to your Saves list
Dreams Beach Marsa Alam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 km North of Marsa Alam Airport, Marsa Alam 1111, Egypt   |
Ranked #43 of 63 hotels in Marsa Alam
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Unacceptable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just got back from Dream Beach Marsa Alam...
Except the swimming pool and the room that were very clean... the service and the food were terrible...most of the people we were with were sick during several days...clear they clean the glass with not proper water...and the reception were useless...
We were scared about the review before to go but thought it was sometimes people with high expectations...we were right to be scared....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

449 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I visited dreams beach a couple of years ago in July with my partner at the time. We booked through Thomas Cook and flew into hurghada with a 3 hour transfer in a mini bus with our suitcases strapped to the roof which was very fun at the time but looking back is actually quite a scary thought! If I was to go back to this area I would defiantly fly into Marsa airport but we weren't given this option at the time!

On arrival we were given a welcome drink and our bags were carried to our room which had been upgraded and was lovely as it was my birthday whilst we were there. We arrived late in the evening and dinner had been set aside for us which was cold by then but we were very grateful for the thought!

The main buffet restaurant thoughout the trip always had a wide variety but normally the same thing was on offer and you have to be quick back yo your table otherwise it is cleaned and soon occupied by someone else!

We had a small pool outside our room we spent most our time in as it was sometimes hard to get a bed round the pool however, the pizza and burgers they provided in the afternoon was a real treat and someone would always walk round and offer you a drink if it was too hot and would kindly get it for you!

You were tackled by the usual sellers around the pool offering camel rides and henna tattoos but once you said no and had a joke with them they left you alone! The animation team were good at getting everyone involved but were boring in the evening so we always visited the sheesha tent with an extra charge to pay at the end!

As it was my birthday the hotel gave me a cake with no extra charge, we booked a Bedouin jeep safari with our rep for my actual birthday which was fantastic and I would recto end doing! A BBQ is provided but the jeep safari is not for the faint hearted! We also booked a turtle swim with our rep which was about £15 each and I would do this again and again!

On the last evening we booked into the Indian al e carte which was sometimes seafood too! We were asked to come another day as no one else booked for this evening but said it was our last night and my birthday and they made an exception. We paid in the region of £50 for the meal which included a bottle of champagne and when we went down in the evening we were shown to the romantics tent on the beach and told they wanted us in their new brochure.

Of course we obliged and let them take pictures of us and they soon disappeard. We ate our curry which was more like a chicken kebab and my partner couldn't eat his chicken so I helped as at the time the food was lovely. Later in the evening I felt unwell and thought I had just had a bit too much sun and maybe a bit of an Egyptian tummy so retired to bed!

It was only in the morning when I woke up I felt so ill like I was hungover and had to sit in the shower. We had to extend the time we left the room before getting picked up for our transfer back to the airport and the hotel weren't very helpful in aiding us with this! Nor was the on site doctor and he wouldn't come to the room. I wasn't able to move as every time I did I was sick!

Thomson were helpful and we managed to get medicine at the airport and the cabin crew made space for me to lie down on the plane. On returning home I was diagnosed with salmonella and hospitalised.

It may be I just had an off dose of chicken but unfortunately I would NEVER return to this hotel and I know health and safety shut the al e carte for a while for investigation after this. However, if you stay away from the al e carte the hotel and staff themselves were fantastic

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to premium on the top floor like we did and the right hand side gets most sun
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I just got back from a week in Marsa Alam, and thought I would write a few lines about my exprience with the hotel. To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but I had a great week, and already miss it! I've travelled a lot, and am not picky at all, but I believe you should always get what you pay for. And that's what you get at the Dreams Beach. It was quite a cheap last minute, but I was extremely pleased with everything.

**CHECK IN: That was the only part I was very disapointed, not to say angry. Our group got to the hotel around 5am, after a nearly 5 hours flight, and we were told we couldn't check in before 10am. I was extremely tired, had worked the whole day prior the flight, was wearing trousers and it wasn't pleasant at over 32C, was hungry (and we were not allowed to have breakfast that day, having to wait until 12:30 when lunch would be served). I had to sleep in an armchair at the reception, and at 9:30, after having asked twice, I was given the key to the room.

**ROOMS: The room was spacious, well decorated, A/C, hair drier, TV (although only 2 English channels, but it didn't matter much to me). The toilet smelled a bit funny, but again, it didn't bother me much.

**RESTAURANT: All the meals are served at the main restaurant (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), although you can have dinner once a week at the Italian resturant, but you have to book it a day in advance, and the booking has to be made between 12-2pm. I didn't go, so can't comment on the experience. The Noa's restaurant is not included, and they serve seafood for what I believe was EUR10, but during the week I was there, I didn't see anyone going there, not sure if it was closed or people just didn't bother.

**BARS: You can have your drinks at the lobby bar or at the swimming pool. The guys working there are great, I can not thank them enough for the great service. Although it was quite busy, service was quick. You are not supposed to take acrilic glasses to the swimming pool, only simple plastic ones, but not once I was given a plastic cup. Perhaps because I always had a smile on my face, and didn't save on 'thank you' and 'please'. The variety of drinks was scarce, only local spirits (rum, gin, brandy), which you could mix with Coke, Fanta, Sprite or Tonic. Beer was also served, and wine only at the restaurant and the lobby bar. No cocktails, nothing special. Pretty simple. But I guess you really get what you pay for. I didn't go there to get wasted, so for me it served the purpose. Bottled water was not given, but you could refil your bottles at any restaurant. Fresh juice was also not on offer, you had to pay EUR2 for a glass, but nobody pushed me to have it (as in some other reviews).

**OTHER GUESTS: The week I was there, you could say 50% of guests were Russians (nothing against any nationality, but man, those people there were rude and loud!! I felt sorry for the staff, having to deal with such rude guests....), the other half a mix of Germans and Czechs. And that was it. Although the staff told me they get many guests from Italy and England from time to time.

**SUN BEDS: the hotel can accomodate about 400 guests I would say, but they have probably 40 'sunbrellas', although staff will bring you chairs. Throughout the swimming pool area you see signs that you are not allowed to reserve the sun beds before 8am, but I was waking up around 6am every day, and you could see many sun beds already reserved with a towel. The sun beds at the beach are very worn out, but it didn't stop me from having a good time at the beach.

**BEACH: you can't really swim there, you have to go to the pier, because of the corals, but I'm not a big fan of ocean, so just sitting at the shallow part was enough for me.

**THE STAFF: I couldn't be more pleased with the staff. The first time they met you could be a bit annoying. I'm a woman and was travelling alone, and apparently they don't understand the fact that a married woman could be travelling without her husband, and it got a bit annoying having to explain all the time that my husband couldn't go and I needed the break!! But after the 3 main questions (Are you single? Where is your husband? How old are you?), they were very friendly, respectful, and nothing was too much trouble if you needed anything. Obviously they expected tips, but I was tipping mainly the guys at the bar, and everybody was very friendly.

All in all, I had a great week. Would I go back? Not really. But not becaude of the hotel, but because of the area. It's in the middl of nowhere, nothing to do besides being in the hotel, not possible to go for long walks in the beach or outside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

What can I say apart from ignore all the negative reviews ! Loved our two week stay in April 11 just sorry its taken me a while to do the review always forget any how back to my review I will keep it short and sweet, weather fantastic, food umm ok but a little repetitive second week, the staff were great nothing was to much trouble.
Great Gym only hit it a couple of times naughty really food and drink was too good lol, the sea was just to die for I have never seen water so clear, beautiful fish walked around in it for hours, the beach bar was fab loved its design the shape of a ship stern nice touch, did not get pestered to much apart from the guys doing massage watch out for them ladies !!
All in all though a great holiday and would recommend a stay to anyone and would defiantly return.
Happy holidays.
PS, The only thing i missed was Bacon for Breakfast small price to pay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

This Hotel and its sister hotel Dreams Vacation share the same area and are both well worth staying at, food is brilliant and made to order for you, sunshine in abundance, hotel pool is cold but welcome with the heat, I went in February and again last September, mosquitoes are a nuisance in September so take repellent.

These hotels are all Inclusive so no problem in getting drinks or anything, evening entertainment is usually very good and in the outside arena,entertainment staff there are excellent always wanting you to participate in the games and water excercises.

Its a 6 hour flight away but well worth the trip, my wife and I will be going again at some point in time, been 4 time in last 3 years

Go for it and enjoy it yourselves

Norman 111

Room Tip: Rooms very clean abd quite large depending what number room you get, mossys get sprayed every night...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

my friends told me a lot about this place, I've been once before on 2006 on the Hotel Soft opening.
As usual am traveling by car, from Cairo the trip is very long; but frankly speaking it really deserves. No need to ask why, the people there are very friendly and very helpful, they are welcoming you with a nice smile, fast service the check in did not take so long as they are sure that their client are really exhausted because of the long trip.
However the clean atmosphere outside and inside this hotel is really relaxing.
The hotel designer was really caring that all rooms are facing the Beach, the wonderful swimming pools and the gardens. the view from the second floor is really impressive from wherever you are.
we were served with excellency all the time, in this hotel you never feel a stranger.
on my last trip nothing changed by it is much better despite the situation in Egypt- my lovely country.
Really worth to come and enjoy.

Room Tip: ask for what anything you will get it with a smile.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

At arrival. the one man at the front desk had no quing system. I stood in "line" almost two hours befor i got room key. Pool aera was larg and nice, a bit cold thoug. The last night the guys at the indoor pool turned the lights on when we askes afret they had closed :) thanks! The fellow in the small shop was really nice two and there is a great shop selling pure perfume. The food in the main restaurant sucks. but the pool restaurant has ok food. We want all inclusive, and dinner at pool restaurant was includer once, but when we asked it was ok to hav most meals there. Staff there great! Rooms and hotel in general needs some painting is a bit worn down, but OK, many of displayd web photos are old, tings like romantig tent, beduin tent and NICE sunbeds, is now only old junk. People nice, staff brings u free drinks on the beach if you wish. Beach is very nice above water, but is coral under, so only place to swim is from pier( if the wind allows u, 5 of 7 days red flag wen we went.) Nothing at the sight but the ressort, no shops except small ones in resort, but ok for relaxing...

Room Tip: Get ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Dreams Beach Marsa Alam? Share your experiences!