Elphistone Resort was our fourth hotel we've visited in Egypt and the first one in Marsa Alam (previous three times we visited Sharm el Sheikh). Comparing all hotels previously visited we can easily rate it as a very good hotel, of course regarding Egyptian standards that are rather different then European.
The strongest side of this hotel was food. Elphistone is visited mainly by Italian tourist, so the food is focused on Italian style like pastas, pizza, etc. (they have an Italian Chef in a restaurant). Of course there are also dishes typical for Egypt and local sea food. Through the day you can eat many sorts of snacks and drinks prepared for you at the poll bar. Generally, as for the food mostly served in all Egyptian hotels, food served in Elphistone was a level higher then others (those we visited).
Hotel is located directly by the beach and has it own hotel private sandy beach with palm umbrellas and sun chairs. There is another beach option, because hotel has other beach located few kilometres from the hotel. That one also has umbrellas and sun chairs, but also you can find there a jetty, from which you can access the neighbouring reef.
Hotel rooms are standard for Egypt, rather large, nicely decorated with personal air-conditioning and balcony. Everything was very clean.
If you are a sport fan you can find many attractions there. Animation crew is very good and the hotel infrastructure provides: grass football field, beach volley, cross bow shooting range, etc. There are also two swimming pools, but only one of them had heated water.
We spent there one very relaxing and quiet week. If you are looking a place to relax and chill out, you can easily choose this hotel. However you should notice, that Marsa Alam is a very windy place (it definitely confirmed during our stay). Other thing is, that outside the hotel all you can find is a sand and dust... no civilisation. So walking trips outside the hotel are rather risky.
- Also Known As:
- Elphistone Hotel Marsa Alam
- Elphistone Resort Marsa Alam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has WIFI internet is covering the whole hotel is EXtra Charge.THe hotel has Taxi is Extra Charge, Four Swimming Pool , one of them called Relaxing Pool with A Jacuzzi Free , Gym , Mini Football, Tennis Court , Kids Club are Free of Charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Elphistone Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.