Had to spent a week there because one of my relatives got a seasonal job there so I visited out of curiosity. I am not into all inclusive cheap resorts in general, leave aside when they are close to a pointless sea (no direct access to deep sea) and in a sloppy-looking place. Food is a nightmare - bad prepared, poorly presented, no taste. I, just like many others guests, felt stomach sick despite not having touched vegetables and tap water (not even to brush my teeth). The resorts offers all sorts of annoying entertainments - the staff are individually nice and fun guys, working hard to please all customers but the outcome of their little shows and games is poor, offensive (e.g. frequent homophobic/racist jokes) and very cheap. Still, the average customers appear to appreciate it and I guess the staff just do what their typical customers like - which is sad and scary anyway. Rooms are decent though not exactly clean and most of them are located far from the dining room, beach and swimming pools. Local staff are always checking you out weirdly (particularly if you are a woman) and they do not feel shame in complimenting you or knocking at your door with all sorts of excuses. In fairness, after having made it clear that I would have complained about it, nobody approched me again. Check in and check out were both painful - on check out, the guy tried to charge me twice for the room. Lukely, I had the receipt and the director helped me out in clarifying things. Veratuor assistants, Ilaria and Elena, were the two only professional staff - helpful, kind, flexible and easy-going. The beauty centre is really nice. Excursions offered by the resort are good - I went to Luxor and even though is really demanding in one day, it is worth. Do not buy souvenirs, at the hotel or outside - not worth and the negotiation pantomime is just annoying after a while, Outside the resort there's nothing: NOTHING. Beautiful beaches can be reached in some 5 minutes through a free shuttle service provided by the resort, which is good. For the rest, real nothing. I would recommend to go elsewhere in Egypt. If you have to go to Marsa Alam, this very resort is not the way to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has WIFI internet is covering the whole hotel is EXtra Charge.THe hotel has Taxi is Extra Charge, Four Swimming Pool , one of them called Relaxing Pool with A Jacuzzi Free , Gym , Mini Football, Tennis Court , Kids Club are Free of Charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Elphistone Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elphistone Hotel Marsa Alam
- Elphistone Resort Marsa Alam