“Good break for end of a British winter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort

You added Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort to your Saves list
Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madinat Coraya, km 67 Al Quseir, Marsa Alam Road | Red Sea, Marsa Alam, Egypt   |
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Marsa Alam
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Good break for end of a British winter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great hotel...well run and very friendly. A particularly good time of the year to go as the weather was late 20's - warm but not too hot and warm during the evening. Good place for snorkelling as you can walk down to the bay and drop in the water easily and swim to the reef. The hotel is in a great position.

Room Tip: We took a sea view room which was at a slight angle to the sea and so avoided the early morning wind...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nicely laid out hotel in a number of separate 2/3 story block , all looking like a small village. Block 12 is away from the main restaurant and pool and right on the sea. Everything was really well done and the staff were very pleasant. The snorkelling was good for someone like me who is a very average swimmer but i imagine it gets quite crowded later in the year. Soft drinks were 15 egyptian pounds and a beer was 35. There is a small shop about 10 minutes walk outside of the hotels on the bay which is much cheaper, but there is really nothing else there other than the hotels set round the bay, so if you are looking for something lively then this isn't the resort. Having said that if you just want to relax somewhere quiet this is a fantastic spot.
Not convinced all inclusive is a good option if you're not big drinkers given the prices. The gym is only 3euros a day or they will do you a deal for a week. Spa was i think 15 euros a day but it's only an indoor pool and a sauna.
Visa on arrival via Thomsons reps was £13.
Weather was mid to hih 20 in early March but it was quite windy fro a couple of days

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

On the day of departure I packed my suitcase and the hotel staff collected it at 13:50 (they were supposed to arrive at 14:00 which my family now think is suspicious). They held our luggage until our Thomson coach arrived at 15:30 to take us to the airport and fly home.
Once home I unpacked my suitcase to find my jewellery box missing.
I rang the hotel who reported that it was not in the lost and found (not suprising as I remember packing it into my suitcase). The only conclusion is that it was stolen.
I know I will never know who stole my jewellery but if I had to put money on it I would suspect someone at the hotel as all week they had seen me wearing nice jewellery and I cannot help but think that having seen me wearing it and known my room number (from us paying in the restraunt) they targeted my suitcase and managed to open it.

Prior to this I thought that the hotel was lovely. Friendly staff, tidy, lovely beaches and fantastic snorkelling but after this thinking that someone there stole from me makes me want to never return and makes me want to warn other people via this review.

I have since revised this review to include the following - I have been contacted by another person who had their jewelry stolen from this same hotel the week after me. Thomsons have been informed and although sorry for my loss have done nothing re: investigating the matter with the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks, 13th -27th Feb, with friends. The flight was OK, and the cabin crew were all very helpful and friendly. It's only a ten minute drive from the airport, and as the airport is fairly small we got through quite quickly. From the moment we arrived at the hotel the staff couldn't have done more for us. It was absolute heaven for the whole two weeks. We had rooms next door to each other, with a lovely view of the pool bar and the sunset. Our room attendant, Mahmoud, was very good, and left us towel decorations each day. We found the food in the restaurant excellent, with plenty of choice, and all very fresh. We loved the BBQ on the terrace each night. We were looked after very well by all the restaurant staff, especially Khaled, Ahmed (Tito), Mohamed and Hamdy. We spent one day at the beach, which is beautifully kept, and snorkelled several times. The fact that you can go directly into the sea from the beach is good, although in February the water is quite cold. We found a nice spot by the heated pool and pool bar, and stayed there for most of the holiday as we were so well looked after by the bar staff, Mohamed and Mosallam. The animation team are great fun. They come round several times a day, but there is never any pressure to join in with anything. The evening shows were always good. Thanks to Shereen, Desy, Chico, Jamaica and Zorro. We would highly recommend the 'house tour' each Sunday - it gave us an appreciation of the hard work that goes into running this hotel. Thanks to our guide Amr. The whole hotel is beautifully kept. We were very impressed with the gardens, pool areas, rooms and all the buildings within the complex. Our thanks go to all the staff involved. Finally, a special thanks to Azim Mohamed, front office manager, who couldn't have done more to make our holiday special. We enjoyed it so much that we'll be booking to come back next February.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are lovely
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here at the end of Febuary for 1 week. Before travelling I was aprehensive about travelling to Egypt. However after this staying in this hotel I will definitely return. All of the staff are so friendly and will do anything to help you out. They all speak very good english as well as German, Italian and French. There is always something to do around the hotel from boccia to darts and aquafit to volleyball and the animation team who run all of the activities are so friendly and always up for a chat and a laugh.

This hotel is ideal for a relaxing holiday. However there is a 'disco' at one of the hotels on the other side of the bay which goes on til at least 2am. It cannot be heard or seen from this hotel but as a guest here you are able to attend.

The hotel is very clean and the pool staff and gardeners are contantly sweeping up, tidying sun loungers, maintaining the gardens or cleaning the pool. The ph and temperatures of the pools are constantly monitored and can be found on a noticeboard in the hotel.

The food was very good even for a fussy eater like myself. The bars are all very good with a good selection of drinks and friendly bar staff and waiters.

During our stay they hotel was about half full but there were always loungers around the pool and on the beach. No need to be up at 6am to put your towel down! I would recommend putting the do not disturb sign on the door if you want to sleep in past 8.30 -9.00 as the housekeepers do come round quite early and can be quite noisy.

I did not use the spa but did use the gym which is clean tidy and adequately equipped. Clean towels and water are all provided.

The housekeepers even come to the room at about 5pm to change any beach towels that you have used.

Overall this is an amazing hotel and I would definitely return to Egypt and this hotel. Perfect for a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Any room is amazing well equipped and spacious
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have spent two weeks at this heaven on earth hotel. We are a group of ladies who love to stitch. We prefer to spend our days stitching in the sun rather than sunbathing. During our holiday here we used the conference room as our textile art workshop. We spent some hours stitching til our heart's content and the rest of the time dipping in the pool, having treatments at the heath club, having a facial at the hair salon or just nattering on the beach whilst walking around the bay. The hotel is outstanding. The staff are practically family!

Room Tip: remember to ask for a room overlooking the Red Sea
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HAWORTH, YORKSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks - 5th - 19th February 2013. The hotel is classified as 5 star (5 star Egypt might better equate to 4 star plus in Europe) which is well deserved. This was our tenth trip to Egypt though we usually we travel to Luxor, Aswan etc for the history for the history. Marsa Alam is in far south east of the country and quite a journey to Luxor or Aswan and even further to Cairo. It felt quite different - in some ways a rather "sanitized" version of Egypt. But it was nice not to be hassled! The airport - ten minutes away - was very easy to navigate and not at all busy. I was surprised to learn that the hotel is over ten years old, as it is so well maintained it still looks fairly new. Everywhere is pristine, beautifully clean well maintained. The food food - we were half board - was of a high standard and the staff are very polite and friendly. The animation team are very friendly and will engage with you without pushing you to join in things that you do not necessarily want to.The swimming pools and gardens are also beautifully maintained. There are plenty of umbrellas and sun loungers on the beach with easy access to the sea - in a matter of minutes it is possible to snorkel adjacent to the coral roof with a variety of sea life that rivals anywhere I have ever seen. We snorkelled every day...even swam adjacent with a sea turtle. Just wonderful. It was nice not to be hassled at all and to be able to go for a walk around the bay in the evening. We did use the the hotels spa and had a couple of massages - slightly expensive but we did negotiate a slightly better deal! The WiFi in the lobby was not particularly good and although there was a good selection of English language TV channels and films, there was no "movie guide" which would have been helpful. But these are minor things - this was a lovely hotel and we would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort? Share your experiences!